The Student Scholarship Workshop is a forum for all JD, LLM, and SJD students to present written works to each other, with the goals of:
- Developing arguments for a student note, research paper, or other work
- Improving writing skills
- Learning to provide critical feedback, and
- Participating in intellectually stimulating discussions.
The workshop series will meet at 12:15 pm every few weeks to hear a student presentation. Students are welcome to present works at all stages of the writing process, ranging from outlines to rough drafts to final papers (though you do not need to present in order to participate).
For more information, please contact one of the faculty advisors: Professor Marin Levy, Professor Taisu Zhang, Professor Destiny Peery, and Professor Suzanne Katzenstein.
- Kip Nelson, Empowering the Sentencing Commission: A Different Resolution to the Cocaine Sentencing Drama, presented March 25, 2010
- Blake Hudson, Climate Change, Forests and Federalism: Seeing the Treaty for the Trees, presented March 18, 2010
- David Reisenberg, A Practicable Fix for Backlash: Adopting the English Legal Rule on Legal Costs in Investor-State Relations, presented March, 4, 2010
- Ari Cuenin, Mooting the Night Away, Vacatur for Mootness Doctrine and Post-Inauguration Changes to an Outgoing Administration's Midnight Regulations, presented Feb. 25, 2010
- Stephen McIntyre, Trying to Agree on Three Articles of Law: The Idea/Expression Dichotomy in Chinese Copyright Law, presented Feb. 18, 2010
- Sandeep Vaheesan, Reinventing and Epithet: A New Way Forward for the Essential Facilities Doctrine, presented Nov. 12, 2009
- Mike Porcelluzzi, Sources of International Law and Their Application in the United States, presented Nov. 5, 2009
- Rhead Enion, Judicial Use of Deference from an Ideological Perspective, presented Oct. 29, 2009
- Tobias Coleman, Limiting Judges: Placing Limits on Judges' Power in Hard Look Review, presented Oct. 22, 2009
- Ben Feit, Thinking Outside the Tackle Box: Oakland Raiders v. NFL and the Case for Imposing a Fiduciary Duty on the Commissioner of the NFL Vis-a-vis Club Owners, presented Oct. 1, 2009
- Daniel Mandell, Making Apple Juice with Oranges: Why Random Member Selection is a Bad Idea for Courts Martial, presented Sept. 24, 2009
- Jason Rathod, A Post-Racial Voting Rights Act, presented Sept. 17, 2009