Corel WordPerfect is a word processing program used by many of our faculty and staff members. Microsoft Word includes conversion software that will let it read WordPerfect Documents. You may need to activate the conversion capability by following these steps:
- Select Start | Control Panel.
- In Windows XP, open "Add or Remove Programs." In Windows 7 or Vista, open "Programs and Features".
- Select the entry for Microsoft Office, whichever edition it is.
- In Windows XP, select the"Change" button.. In Windows Vista, select "Change" at the top of the window above the program listings.
- Select "Add or Remove Features."
- Expand the entry for "Office Shared Features" by selecting the "+" next to it.
- Change the setting for "Converters and Filters" to " Run All from My Computer."
- For Windows XP, select "Update." For Windows Vista, select "Continue."
- When the update has completed, close the control panel windows.
Now, you can open a WordPerfect document in Word.
- Open Word.
- Select File | Open.
- Change the "Document Type" to "All Files."
- Browse for the Wordperfect document.
- Select it and then select "Open."