News & Events for Alumni
Monday, March 2, 2015, 6:00 PM
Wednesday, March 4, 2015, 5:00 PM
Saturday, March 7, 2015, 5:30 PM
Tuesday, March 10, 2015, 5:30 PM
Friday, March 27, 2015, 9:00 AM
Friday, April 17, 2015, 9:00 AM
Saturday, April 18, 2015, 9:00 AM
Sunday, April 19, 2015, 9:00 AM
Saturday, April 25, 2015, 12:00 PM
Duke Law News
- Video: Sen. Lindsey Graham addresses LENS conference on "Law in the Age of Forever War" Duke Law
- John Hope Franklin Centenary Lecture with Profs. Dellinger and Leuchtenburg, March 4
- Brayton JD/MA '15 explains why she chose to undertake summer studies The National Jurist
- Showalter '16 and Mohs '15 win 2015 Dean's Cup; Showalter named best oralist
- Student note by Rice '15 advances "great powers" analysis Volokh Conspiracy
- From the Class of 1999: A conversation on corruption
- Bryant '86 and wife are first same-sex couple to wed in Texas International Business Times
- Allen '97 receives 2015 Women in Business Award MarketWatch
- Fourth Circuit rules in favor of Appellate Litigation Clinic clients
- Triplett '13 comments on process for handling on-campus sexual assault claims USA Today
From the Campus: Alumni News
Zephyr Teachout ’99, released her new book, Corruption in America: From Benjamin Franklin’s Snuffbox to Citizen’s United (Harvard University Press) in late fall, just as the midterm election cycle wrapped up. An associate professor of law at Fordham University, Teachout had spent the summer running for office, challenging New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo for the Democratic nomination, and receiving more than one-third of the primary vote.
- RT @DukeU: VIDEO: Professor Kip Frey explains: How to Deliver a Pitch http://t.co/vT74EFdUc7 via @EshipAtDuke @DukeSanford @DukeLaw - February 28, 2015
- Sen. Lindsey Graham speaking at @DukeLaw #LENS2015 conference at 7:45. Watch here: http://t.co/M0pAFeK6Y9 - February 27, 2015
- Prof. Purdy on Greek debt showdown: "Socialism or Barbarism? Syriza, Economics, and Democracy" http://t.co/6rH8I0HSuh - February 27, 2015
- Prof. Dunlap discusses cyber security and warfare http://t.co/mH1iw7dk9z - February 27, 2015
- RT @WorkingatDuke: Just In: @DukeU transit beginning limited C1 service between East/West campuses. http://t.co/6A8WS9sV1j @DukeStudents - February 26, 2015
- Paul Mandelkern JD'74 of Lowndes, Drosdick, Doster, Kantor & Reed in Orlando has been named to The Best Lawyers in America 2015 in the areas of corporate law and health law.
- Bill Brian JD'89, a co-founder of the Morningstar Law Group in Morrisville, N.C., has been named to 2014 Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business in the field of real estate law.
- Douglas Britt JD'06, an associate at K&L Gates in Raleigh, was named a "2014 North Carolina Rising Star" by Super Lawyers magazine. Doug's practice focuses on employment, antitrust, litigation and dispute resolution.
- H. Joseph O'Shields JD'76, a shareholder in the Jacksonville, Fla., office of Rogers Towers, has been selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America 2014 in the field of real estate law.