News & Events for Alumni
Thursday, October 23, 2014, 6:00 PM
Friday, October 24, 2014, 5:30 PM
Saturday, November 1, 2014, 1:30 PM
Wednesday, November 19, 2014, 5:30 PM
Saturday, November 22, 2014, 1:30 PM
Duke Law News
- Law review article by Mir '15 provides timely analysis of same-sex marriage tax equality Kansas City Star
- FCC general counsel discusses regulation, competition, and innovation at CIP conference FCC.gov
- Siegel: Supreme Court ruling should clear path for same-sex marriage in N.C. News & Observer
- Cox: AIG's Greenberg "established a culture of greed and risk-taking" Washington Post
- Duke Law and the 2014-2015 Supreme Court term
- Watch: Farahany examines legal and ethical implications of cognitive liberty Duke Forward
- Climate change scholarship, the law and regulations behind the barbecue, alumni updates and more… Environmental Law Newsletter
- Kristin Leefers '12
- Getting started: Young alumni discuss their budding careers in environmental law and policy — and how their time at Duke Law helped
- Emma Htun JD/LLM '13
From the Campus: Alumni News
Riar and Hurra, from countries with many similarities but a history of conflict, combined two recipes into one delicious "Peace Dessert".
- RT @dukewlsa: A packed room with students sitting on the floor to fit in the room! #hobbylobby @DukeLaw @NARALNC @nwlc @ReproRights http://… - October 21, 2014
- Today at #DukeLaw: After Burwell v. Hobby Lobby: The Future of Reproductive Rights? http://t.co/57dI9CRbOI - October 21, 2014
- Law review article by Haniya Mir '15 provides timely analysis of same-sex marriage tax equality http://t.co/n0orKIfzqV - October 20, 2014
- Coleman: An innocent verdict for #Ferguson police would "totally undermine the St. Louis criminal justice system" http://t.co/ddBLZpeM20 - October 20, 2014
- Watch live: Jon Sallet, FCC General Counsel, speaking at #Internet2020 at 1:50 p.m. http://t.co/5Z3V0DKvCs - October 17, 2014
- Matthew Kane JD'03 has joined Z Capital Partners as a director, deputy general counsel, and member of the investment team. He previously was an associate with the firm Storch Amini & Munves in New York City.
- Jan Maarten Gerretsen LLM'90 has joined Lexence, N.V. as a partner in Amsterdam, where he specializes in construction law and real estate transactions. He previously was affiliated with Loyens & Loeff.
- William "Bill" Constangy LLB'67 retired Aug. 31 as a Mecklenburg County, N.C. superior court judge. He has been a judge in the county for a quarter-century, serving previously on the district court.
- Nadine Faruque LLM'90 will become global head of compliance at Deutsche Bank on Dec. 1, 2014. She joins Deutsche Bank from UniCredit where she was general counsel and group compliance officer.