News & Events for Alumni
Monday, August 4, 2014, 6:00 PM
Thursday, August 7, 2014, 6:00 PM
Friday, August 22, 2014, 7:00 PM
Thursday, August 28, 2014, 6:30 PM
Saturday, August 30, 2014, 6:00 PM
Thursday, September 4, 2014, 12:00 PM
Duke Law News
- Danner receives American Association of Law Libraries Distinguished Lectureship Award
- Duke Law co-hosting summer workshops for prospective applicants
- Video: Judicial clerkships at Duke Law Duke Law YouTube
- International Human Rights Clinic: Students help U.N. craft principles on redress for human trafficking victims
- Bill Reppy Jr. and Juliann Tenney ’79: Planned gift reflects deep ties to Duke Law
- Ferland '74 awarded Outstanding Disabled Veteran of the Year Disabled American Veterans
- Duke Law launches Civil Justice Clinic in collaboration with Legal Aid of North Carolina
- Duke Law co-hosts inaugural Financial Law Forum in Shanghai
- Timmons-Goodson MJS '14 appointed to U.S. Commission on Civil Rights News & Observer
- Appellate Litigation Clinic team achieves victory for client in Third Circuit appeal
From the Campus: Alumni News
After being at the forefront of some of the military’s most significant legal developments of recent decades, the former deputy judge advocate general of the U.S. Air Force finds a similar sense of satisfaction and service at the ABA’s Rule of Law Initiative.
- #DukeLaw Appellate Litigation Clinic team achieves victory for client in Third Circuit appeal http://t.co/1neyM9jZZz - July 31, 2014
- #DukeLaw Prof. Siegel discusses likelihood of overturning NC's gay marriage ban http://t.co/1n6AjZlIDV - July 31, 2014
- Prof. Dunlap on Pentagon audit: Military was tasked with impossible mission of transforming Afghan society http://t.co/IHlE4369FW - July 31, 2014
- Attending next week's ABA meeting in Boston? RSVP today for the #DukeLaw reception with Dean Levi on 8/7! http://t.co/iuJPUGozll - July 31, 2014
- #DukeLaw Prof. Siegel: NC gay marriage ban won't stand http://t.co/uaz2vKDxCX - July 30, 2014
- David Sturgess JD'81 David Sturgess has been appointed senior vice president, secretary and general counsel of the Affinia Group, Inc., a global leader in the design, manufacture, distribution and marketing of industrial grade products and services. David joins Affinia from Charlotte-based ReCommunity Recycling, the largest pure play recycling company in the United States, where he headed all legal activities, including mergers and acquisitions, debt and equity financings, real estate leasing, intellectual property, contracts and compliance and litigation.
- Leigh Harlan JD'05 Leigh Harlan has been promoted to senior vice-president, secretary, and general counsel of Tiffany & Co., with responsibility for the company's worldwide legal affairs. She joined Tiffany in 2012 from a corporate practice at Cravath, Swaine & Moore.
- Krista Patterson JD'06 has joined Annaly Capital Management, Inc. as associate general counsel and vice president in the commercial real estate group. Krista previously practice in the New York office of Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher.
- Violet Diamant JD'83 has joined Morningstar Credit Ratings as managing director of asset-backed securities (ABS) ratings and research. Diamant will lead Morningstar's expansion into ABS ratings services and is responsible for analytical strategy, establishing an analyst team, and developing ABS rating criteria. She is based in New York City, and most recently was director of credit risk management for Credit Agricole.