News & Events for Alumni
Saturday, November 1, 2014, 1:30 PM
Wednesday, November 5, 2014, 7:00 PM
Thursday, November 6, 2014, 7:30 PM
Friday, November 7, 2014, 7:00 PM
Saturday, November 8, 2014, 1:00 PM
Monday, November 10, 2014, 7:30 PM
Wednesday, November 12, 2014, 4:30 PM
Wednesday, November 19, 2014, 5:30 PM
Wednesday, November 19, 2014, 6:30 PM
Saturday, November 22, 2014, 1:30 PM
Duke Law News
- Is the world finally ready to restructure sovereign debt? A Q&A with Prof. Schwarcz
- Bernstein Lecture, Nov. 3: Horowitz discusses federalism for severely divided societies
- At Duke Law, chief of DOJ Criminal Division explains that international corruption compromises national security FCPA Blog
- Law review article by Mir '15 provides timely analysis of same-sex marriage tax equality Kansas City Star
- FCC general counsel discusses regulation, competition, and innovation at CIP conference FCC.gov
- Kaufman '85 dedicated career to public service Broadcasting and Cable
- Rendall '81 named Vermont Gas president and CEO Burlington Free Press
- Watch: Farahany examines legal and ethical implications of cognitive liberty Duke Forward
- Climate change scholarship, the law and regulations behind the barbecue, alumni updates and more… Environmental Law Newsletter
- Emma Htun JD/LLM '13
From the Campus: Alumni News
Riar and Hurra, from countries with many similarities but a history of conflict, combined two recipes into one delicious "Peace Dessert".
- RT @DukeAlumni: Gao Xiqing JD’86, fmr China Investment Corp president, talks about his journey @DukeLaw & embracing openness WATCH: http://… - October 31, 2014
- RT @DukeAlumni: Congrats Lawrence McMichael '75, JD'78 who was appointed to the 19th Annual Bankruptcy Institute presented by the Pennsylva… - October 30, 2014
- Prof. Baxter examines the Fed's culture of capture and prospects for change http://t.co/werPPeuKnD - October 30, 2014
- Today at #DukeLaw: Drones: A Proponent's Perspective feat. Maj. Gen. Charles Dunlap and #DukeLaw's @FedSoc http://t.co/lkYd1x1WRR - October 30, 2014
- Prof. McGovern discusses aftermath of Wal-Mart v. Dukes (via @TheNLJ) http://t.co/3WQg2q3glU - October 29, 2014
- Jeff Benson JD'93 has been named chief operating officer and executive vice president of the Dilweg Companies, a commercial real estate firm, in Durham. He previously practiced for over 20 years in the Raleigh office of Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton, where he was a partner and head of the firm's real estate department.
- Kesav Mohan JD'09 has been named director of business development of Veniam Works, a tech start-up seeking to provide vehicular networking solutions, headquartered in Silicon Valley, Calif., and Portugal.
- Matthew Kane JD'03 has joined Z Capital Partners as a director, deputy general counsel, and member of the investment team. He previously was an associate with the firm Storch Amini & Munves in New York City.
- Jan Maarten Gerretsen LLM'90 has joined Lexence, N.V. as a partner in Amsterdam, where he specializes in construction law and real estate transactions. He previously was affiliated with Loyens & Loeff.