News & Events for Alumni
Thursday, December 5, 2013, 6:45 PM
Wednesday, December 11, 2013, 7:00 PM
Friday, January 3, 2014, 6:30 PM
Monday, January 6, 2014, 6:30 PM
Thursday, January 23, 2014, 5:00 PM
Duke Law News
- Huckerby brings human trafficking experts to Duke to lay groundwork for student assistance to U.N. News & Observer
- Drake JD/MBA '14 discusses dual degree Tipping the Scales
- Youngkin LLMLE '12 discusses how Duke Law's entrepreneurial curriculum has helped shape her career Financial Times (registration required)
- Duke Law’s new Center for Innovation Policy promotes innovation that spurs long-term economic growth
- Watch: Davis presents Slavery: Beyond the Pure Property Paradigm
- Former students, faculty pay tribute to Christie
- Students give thanks to donors during Thank-a-thon
- Cox: JPMorgan settlement has banks "holding their breath" Reuters
- Levin '09 named to board of AIDS Legal Council of Chicago Chicago Pride
- Sink '65 receives professionalism award from Mecklenburg Bar Robinson Bradshaw
From the Campus: Alumni News
A group of 12 students gathered on Tuesday, Nov. 19, to write thank you notes to Law School alumni and friends as part of the autumn Thank-a-thon.
- Former students, faculty pay tribute to #DukeLaw Prof. Christie http://t.co/BUm3apCq9e - December 03, 2013
- #DukeLaw Prof. Young says Supreme Court cases challenging ACA contraception mandate should provide clarity http://t.co/FA0pzzyUmp - December 02, 2013
- #DukeLaw Prof. Farahany says FDA's genetic analysis regulation goes too far http://t.co/1MU65G3f1W - November 26, 2013
- #DukeLaw Prof. Dunlap on military sexual assault: "Keep commanders accountable" http://t.co/TlKKFI4PU4 - November 26, 2013
- #DukeLaw Prof. Schroeder says filibuster threat impacted judicial nominee choices http://t.co/PO1oPRRxqj - November 22, 2013
- Teresa Pearson JD'95, a bankruptcy partner in the Portland office of Miller Nash, was the cover feature in Super Lawyers Magazine/Oregon 2013. Teresa is one of 10 certified business bankruptcy lawyers in Oregon, and has been recognized as an Oregon Super Lawyer and Top 25 Women Lawyer every year since 2009, as well as a Top 50 Lawyer since 2010
- Mark Claypool JD'91 , a shareholder with Knox Mclaughlin Gornall & Sennett in Erie, Pa., and vice chair of its bankruptcy and creditors' rights department, was named a 2013 Super Lawyer, a designation he also received in 2011 and 2012. Mark is also an adjunct professor at Gannon University teaching courses on bankruptcy law.
- Cristina Arumi JD'95 has joined the national tax practice of Ernst & Young in Washington, D.C., as a principal in the real estate group and will focus on transactions. Cristina was formerly the leader of the global tax practice at Hogan Lovells.
- Donald Lampe JD'82 has joined the Washington, D.C. office of Morrison & Foerster as a partner in the financial services group. Don represents banks, finance companies, insurance companies and other financial service providers on a variety of financial services and bank regulatory matters.