News & Events for Alumni
Thursday, August 28, 2014, 6:30 PM
Saturday, August 30, 2014, 6:00 PM
Thursday, September 4, 2014, 12:00 PM
Thursday, September 18, 2014, 5:30 PM
Thursday, September 18, 2014, 6:30 PM
Duke Law News
- CSPD's open coursebook on "Intellectual Property: Law and the Information Society" available for free download Center for the Study of the Public Domain
- Helfer’s MOOC on International Human Rights a Duke Law first
- New Law School eatery Cafe de Novo up and running for new semester Duke Chronicle
- Duke Law welcomes the JD class of 2017
- A rare opportunity for upper-year students: Space still available in some Duke Law clinics
- Wrongful Convictions Clinic client freed after 22 years of incarceration
- Eaglin '08 addresses risk-based sentencing and its impact on minorities Huffington Post
- Majestic '82 remembered as national leader in education law News and Observer
- Teachout '99 discusses why she's running to be governor of New York Salon
- Hendricks '83 is Blue Devil of the Week Duke Today
From the Campus: Alumni News
The general counsel and senior policy advisor for the White House Office of Management and Budget and member, by presidential appointment, of the Council of the Administrative Conference of the United States has made public service the cornerstone of her career.
- Zephyr Teachout '99 discusses why she's running to be governor of New York http://t.co/ocFc7uvJkR - August 27, 2014
- #DukeLaw Prof. Blocher: Second Amendment is now seen as protecting the individual right to keep and bear arms http://t.co/84N8ftNBuB - August 27, 2014
- #DukeLaw Prof. Salzman says U.S. drinking water is not entirely risk free, but safe enough http://t.co/Jun6TbV3ue - August 27, 2014
- #DukeLaw's new Civil Justice Clinic helps address growing need for legal representation among poorer citizens http://t.co/d9k9N7mfPx - August 27, 2014
- #DukeLaw Prof. Dunlap: ISIS represents a threat "that will be very difficult to negotiate away" http://t.co/IOrsKmXP1q - August 27, 2014
- Bill Price JD'78 has been elected to chair the Institute of Illinois Business Law (IIBL) for 2014-15, steering its 30 to 40 members who volunteer their time to work for better laws in the area of business regulation. The IIBL performs valuable service for the Illinois business community by drafting, updating and revising important areas of business law. Bill's solo firm is GrowthLaw in Warrenville.
- Pam Silverman JD'81, who has a solo practice in Charlotte, was featured in the "Profiles in Specialization" section of the Summer 2014 issue of The North Carolina State Bar Journal at http://www.ncbar.com/journal/archive/journal_19,2.pdf. Pam is a board certified specialist in estate planning and probate law practicing in Mecklenburg and Union Counties.
- Jieni Gu JD'06 has joined Weil Gotshal as counsel in the firm's Shanghai and Beijing offices, where her practice focuses on cross-border mergers and acquisitions, private equity, foreign direct investment and general corporate matters. She previously practiced at Sullivan & Cromwell in New York and Beijing.
- Curt Clausen JD'07 has been named general counsel of Tickets.com in New York City. Curt previously practiced with Skadden, Arps.