News & Events for Alumni
Saturday, March 7, 2015, 5:30 PM
Tuesday, March 10, 2015, 5:30 PM
Friday, March 27, 2015, 9:00 AM
Friday, April 17, 2015, 9:00 AM
Saturday, April 18, 2015, 9:00 AM
Sunday, April 19, 2015, 9:00 AM
Saturday, April 25, 2015, 12:00 PM
Duke Law News
- Video: Sen. Lindsey Graham addresses LENS conference on "Law in the Age of Forever War" Duke Law
- John Hope Franklin Centenary Lecture with Profs. Dellinger and Leuchtenburg, March 4
- Showalter '16 and Mohs '15 win 2015 Dean's Cup; Showalter named best oralist
- Brayton JD/MA '15 explains why she chose to undertake summer studies The National Jurist
- Student note by Rice '15 advances "great powers" analysis Volokh Conspiracy
- Siegel and Griffin author chapters in new book on "The Legacy of Ruth Bader Ginsburg" by Dodson '00 Cambridge University Press
- Dodson '00 discusses "The Legacy of Ruth Bader Ginsburg" Hamilton and Griffin on Rights
- From the Class of 1999: A conversation on corruption
- Bryant '86 and wife are first same-sex couple to wed in Texas International Business Times
- New book on Ruth Bader Ginsburg by Dodson '00 includes chapters by Siegel and Griffin The Faculty Lounge
From the Campus: Alumni News
Zephyr Teachout ’99, released her new book, Corruption in America: From Benjamin Franklin’s Snuffbox to Citizen’s United (Harvard University Press) in late fall, just as the midterm election cycle wrapped up. An associate professor of law at Fordham University, Teachout had spent the summer running for office, challenging New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo for the Democratic nomination, and receiving more than one-third of the primary vote.
- Today at #DukeLaw: The Double Standard: Are Economic Rights Treated Differently? http://t.co/cA0gAxhTKb - March 05, 2015
- Today at #DukeLaw: John Hope Franklin Centenary Lecture http://t.co/UNG1i1zCDQ - March 04, 2015
- Huckerby: History provides important lessons for assessing the role of women in countering violent extremism http://t.co/e8ZJV6F7pD - March 03, 2015
- Scott Dodson '00 discusses "The Legacy of Ruth Bader Ginsburg" http://t.co/EDzOmCHWjy - March 03, 2015
- Clinical Professor Ryke Longest: N.C. needs to stay on green energy path http://t.co/6UPob7p8r5 - March 03, 2015
- Adam Pechtel JD'10 announces the opening of the firm Pechtel Law in Kennewick, Wash., specializing in employment law and related matters. Adam served as a judge advocate in the Marine Corps following graduation until his return to his home state of Washington in 2014.
- Adam Schupack JD/LLM'11 is clerking for the Honorable Michael Baylson, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania. Adam previously was an associate in the Chicago office of Kirkland and Ellis.
- Christopher Vieira JD'10 Christopher Vieira has joined Nossaman's San Francisco office as an associate, focusing on complex business litigation and commercial disputes. He previously practiced with Irell & Manella in Newport Beach, Calif.
- Brad Furber JD'90 has been named COO of the Michael Crouch Innovation Centre at the University of New South Wales, Australia. Brad previously was managing director of Aery Advisors.