News & Events for Alumni
Saturday, August 30, 2014, 6:00 PM
Thursday, September 4, 2014, 12:00 PM
Thursday, September 18, 2014, 5:30 PM
Thursday, September 18, 2014, 6:30 PM
Duke Law News
- Helfer’s MOOC on International Human Rights a Duke Law first
- CSPD's open coursebook on "Intellectual Property: Law and the Information Society" available for free download Center for the Study of the Public Domain
- New Law School eatery Cafe de Novo up and running for new semester Duke Chronicle
- Duke Law welcomes the JD class of 2017
- A rare opportunity for upper-year students: Space still available in some Duke Law clinics
- Wrongful Convictions Clinic client freed after 22 years of incarceration
- Eaglin '08 addresses risk-based sentencing and its impact on minorities Huffington Post
- Majestic '82 remembered as national leader in education law News and Observer
- Teachout '99 discusses why she's running to be governor of New York Salon
- Hendricks '83 is Blue Devil of the Week Duke Today
From the Campus: Alumni News
The general counsel and senior policy advisor for the White House Office of Management and Budget and member, by presidential appointment, of the Council of the Administrative Conference of the United States has made public service the cornerstone of her career.
- Zephyr Teachout '99 discusses why she's running to be governor of New York http://t.co/ocFc7uvJkR - August 27, 2014
- #DukeLaw Prof. Blocher: Second Amendment is now seen as protecting the individual right to keep and bear arms http://t.co/84N8ftNBuB - August 27, 2014
- #DukeLaw Prof. Salzman says U.S. drinking water is not entirely risk free, but safe enough http://t.co/Jun6TbV3ue - August 27, 2014
- #DukeLaw's new Civil Justice Clinic helps address growing need for legal representation among poorer citizens http://t.co/d9k9N7mfPx - August 27, 2014
- #DukeLaw Prof. Dunlap: ISIS represents a threat "that will be very difficult to negotiate away" http://t.co/IOrsKmXP1q - August 27, 2014
- Jonathan Werner JD'01 joined AlvaradoSmith in Orange County, Calif., as a shareholder in May 2014. He is a member of the employment counseling & litigation practice group, where he focuses his practice exclusively in labor and employment law.
- Kate Battuello JD'83 has been elected 2nd vice president of the board of trustees of the King County Bar Association in Seattle. She will become president of the Association in 2016. Kate is an assistant attorney general in the Washington State AG's office, assigned to the healthcare team at the University of Washington.
- Rodney Bullard JD'01 has been recognized by the National Bar Association as one of its Trailblazers Under 40. The awards honor legal trailblazers who have achieved prominence and distinction in their fields of endeavor; the honorees were feted at a gala in Atlanta on July 26. Rodney is vice president of community affairs at Chick-fil-A, Inc. and executive director of the Chick-fil-A Foundation
- Erika Lietzan JD'95 has joined the faculty of the University of Missouri School of Law as an associate professor. She will teach food and drug law, as well as various intellectual property courses. Erika was previously a partner at Covington and Burling, having practiced for nearly 18 years.