News & Events for Alumni
Wednesday, March 4, 2015, 5:00 PM
Saturday, March 7, 2015, 5:30 PM
Tuesday, March 10, 2015, 5:30 PM
Friday, March 27, 2015, 9:00 AM
Friday, April 17, 2015, 9:00 AM
Saturday, April 18, 2015, 9:00 AM
Sunday, April 19, 2015, 9:00 AM
Saturday, April 25, 2015, 12:00 PM
Duke Law News
- Video: Sen. Lindsey Graham addresses LENS conference on "Law in the Age of Forever War" Duke Law
- John Hope Franklin Centenary Lecture with Profs. Dellinger and Leuchtenburg, March 4
- Showalter '16 and Mohs '15 win 2015 Dean's Cup; Showalter named best oralist
- Brayton JD/MA '15 explains why she chose to undertake summer studies The National Jurist
- Student note by Rice '15 advances "great powers" analysis Volokh Conspiracy
- Dodson '00 discusses "The Legacy of Ruth Bader Ginsburg" Hamilton and Griffin on Rights
- From the Class of 1999: A conversation on corruption
- Bryant '86 and wife are first same-sex couple to wed in Texas International Business Times
- New book on Ruth Bader Ginsburg by Dodson '00 includes chapters by Siegel and Griffin The Faculty Lounge
- Allen '97 receives 2015 Women in Business Award MarketWatch
From the Campus: Alumni News
Zephyr Teachout ’99, released her new book, Corruption in America: From Benjamin Franklin’s Snuffbox to Citizen’s United (Harvard University Press) in late fall, just as the midterm election cycle wrapped up. An associate professor of law at Fordham University, Teachout had spent the summer running for office, challenging New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo for the Democratic nomination, and receiving more than one-third of the primary vote.
- Clinical Professor Ryke Longest: N.C. needs to stay on green energy path http://t.co/6UPob7p8r5 - March 03, 2015
- Prof. Haagen comments on federal judge's reversal of Adrian Peterson NFL suspension http://t.co/4SmDYJvImD - March 03, 2015
- Huckerby: History provides important lessons for assessing the role of women in countering violent extremism http://t.co/YHGMlE4ltp - March 03, 2015
- Prof. Siegel analyzes competing interpretations of U.S. v. Windsor http://t.co/Vo22g1CgbR - March 03, 2015
- RT @DukeU: VIDEO: Professor Kip Frey explains: How to Deliver a Pitch http://t.co/vT74EFdUc7 via @EshipAtDuke @DukeSanford @DukeLaw - February 28, 2015
- Suk-ho Bang JD/LLM'87 has been appointed president of the English-language network Arirang TV, in South Korea. From 2008 through 2011, Bang served as president of the Korea Information Society Development Institute; he has been teaching law at Hongik University since 1993.
- Edward Moss JD'03 has been admitted to partnership in the New York Office of O'Melveny & Myers, where he focuses his practice on securities litigation.
- David Harrison JD'99 was elected partner of Mayer Brown as of January 2015. David heads the corporate team in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
- Emily May JD'13 has joined the Washington, D.C. office of Arnold & Porter, as an associate in the litigation practice group, after completing her clerkship with the Honorable Albert Diaz, of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit.