News & Events for Alumni
View the Calendar
Friday, January 2, 2015, 6:00 PM
Wednesday, January 7, 2015, 6:00 PM
Wednesday, February 4, 2015, 6:30 PM
Duke Law News
- Longest: State "cut sweetheart deal" to absolve Duke Energy of responsibility for coal ash dumps Independent Weekly
- Levi, Rabiej co-author new Federal Civil Procedure Manual
- Rabiej co-authors Federal Appellate Procedure Manual
- Duke Law students organize “die-in”
- Schroeder testifies before Senate Judiciary Committee regarding executive action on immigration
- Hines '09 wins grant for tutoring app ExitEvent
- Beale, Felman ’87, contribute to ABA report on reforming federal sentencing for economic crimes American Bar Association Criminal Justice Section
- Karl '83 and Fay Leo endow new faculty chair in business law and entrepreneurship
- New Durham housing for homeless veterans named for Denson '66 News and Observer
- Dellinger: In justices’ calculations on gay marriage, a legal golden ratio looms New York Times
From the Campus: Alumni News
The Leos are showing their gratitude with a $1.25 million gift to Duke Law.
- Prof. Salzman analyzes strengths and predicts pitfalls on the 40th anniversary of the Safe Drinking Water Act http://t.co/jf7WFshXua - December 18, 2014
- Prof. Sachs on "Saving Originalism's Soul" http://t.co/x2XURqIySL - December 17, 2014
- Prof. Rabiej co-authors Federal Appellate Procedure Manual http://t.co/L4tLlVkM4G - December 17, 2014
- Prof. Charles says questions about how police treat minorities "have been with us for a very long time" http://t.co/DjzHw6SAiN - December 16, 2014
- Fritz and Sophie are in the #DukeLaw blue lounge for stress-relieving belly rubs until 3pm. http://t.co/JTvKcvutXG - December 15, 2014
- Dave Trott JD'85 won election in November to represent Michigan's 11th congressional district in the U.S. House of Representatives. Dave is the chairman and CEO of Trott & Trott law firm in Farmington Hills, and the owner of several financial services companies.
- Brenda Hofman Feis JD'85 has founded the Chicago-based employment law boutique, Feis Goldy, representing executives, managers and employees in need of sophisticated representation. Brenda was previously a partner at Seyfarth Shaw, where she represented Fortune 100 employers in a wide range of employment matters.
- Marisa Darden JD'08 has joined the U.S. Attorney's Office as an assistant U.S. attorney in the Criminal Division of the Northern District of Ohio, located in Cleveland. She was previously an ADA in the New York County District Attorney's Office.
- Jessica Nielsen JD'05 has joined PRA Health Sciences in Raleigh as legal counsel. She previously was an associate at Shearman & Sterling in New York.