News & Events for Alumni
Thursday, January 29, 2015, 5:30 PM
Saturday, January 31, 2015, 1:30 PM
Wednesday, February 4, 2015, 6:30 PM
Thursday, February 5, 2015, 6:00 PM
Thursday, February 12, 2015, 5:30 PM
Friday, February 20, 2015, 6:30 PM
Saturday, February 21, 2015, 9:00 AM
Tuesday, February 24, 2015, 6:00 PM
Thursday, February 26, 2015, 12:30 PM
Saturday, February 28, 2015, 10:30 AM
Saturday, February 28, 2015, 2:00 PM
Monday, March 2, 2015, 6:00 PM
Wednesday, March 4, 2015, 5:00 PM
Saturday, March 7, 2015, 5:30 PM
Duke Law News
- Duke Law remembers Professor Jonathan Ocko
- “Hunt for Justice” examines Wrongful Convictions Clinic case awaiting judicial ruling Independent Weekly
- Farahany considers impact of restrictive social norms in making New Year's resolutions The Volokh Conspiracy
- CSPD publishes annual list of works prohibited from entering public use by U.S. copyright law Center for the Study of the Public Domain
- Benjamin: First Amendment protects social media posts like those made by NY gunman Brinsley Wall Street Journal
- Sorrell '94 discusses environmental justice collaboration between Paul Quinn College and Duke The Dallas Morning News
- Malkin '01 named one of top 40 financial advisors under 40 On Wall Street
- Fulton '80 awarded N.C. Chief Justice’s Professionalism Award N.C. Courts
- Gutman '99 publishes "The Constitutional Foundations of European Contract Law: A Comparative Analysis" Private Law Theory
- Biofuels entrepreneur Mennell '93 discusses venture to turn wasted wood into activated carbon Middle Market Growth
From the Campus: Alumni News
Hearing the story of one 14-year-old boy helped turn Fine into a social entrepreneur dedicated to making sure children have a voice within the criminal justice system.
- DeMott examines corporate bylaws that affect shareholders' litigation rights http://t.co/jTKDgniCyX - January 28, 2015
- Huckerby: Women are "re-branding ISIS as less of a terror group and more of a state building exercise" http://t.co/hzWZngkexk - January 28, 2015
- Huckerby: Governments "overlook and understate women's involvement in terrorist groups" http://t.co/xvKnoHIW3y - January 27, 2015
- #DukeLaw BOV's Brent Clinkscale '86 and @DukeFuqua's @e_r_hogan cheer on #Coach1K at #Sundance2015 http://t.co/of1EWoZNPP - January 27, 2015
- Duke Law remembers Professor Jonathan Ocko http://t.co/F3D5Yirm90 - January 27, 2015
- Bill Richardson JD'81 has been named interim director of the University of Hawai'i Office of Technology Transfer and Economic Development. Bill is a venture capitalist and entrepreneur who founded and built a series of venture funds that invested in 17 Hawaiʻi-based companies, including two that went public on the NASDAQ exchange. Bill is also an adjunct professor at the business and law schools at the University of Hawai'i.
- Mwanga Mtengule JD'07 has been named vice president, legal at Markit, Inc. in New York City. He was formerly a senior associate at Alston & Bird. Mwanga has also been elected president of the Jackie Robinson Foundation Alumni Association, where he provides overall leadership and direction, and serves as an ambassador for the association.
- Virginia Antipolo-Utt JD'84 has authored Letters to My Child's Guardian, Together with My Very Personal Gift and Legacy to My Unbelievably Amazing Child, published in November by WestBow Press. Virginia practices estate planning at the Antipolo & Paul Law Firm in Everett, Wash.
- Rory Olsen JD'74 was re-elected in November to a fifth term as judge of Probate Court Number Three, Harris County, Tex.