News & Events for Alumni
Thursday, September 18, 2014, 5:30 PM
Thursday, September 18, 2014, 6:30 PM
Thursday, October 9, 2014, 4:30 PM
Friday, October 10, 2014, 8:00 AM
Friday, October 10, 2014, 7:00 PM
Saturday, October 11, 2014, 9:00 AM
Thursday, October 16, 2014, 6:00 PM
Thursday, October 16, 2014, 6:30 PM
Thursday, October 23, 2014, 6:00 PM
Duke Law News
- Does Congress take the Constitution seriously? A Constitution Day conversation sponsored by the Program in Public Law, Sept. 17
- Duke Law School is dedicated to Durham Durham Herald-Sun
- Postcards from the practice: Duke Law students write about their summer associate experiences
- Duke Law welcomes incoming international LLM students
- Levi tapped to lead new American Bar Association committee
- Montgomery-Blinn '03 discusses wrongful convictions in North Carolina All Things Considered
- Former prosecutor Miller '88 shares his story of addiction and recovery NC Bar Journal (page 8)
- Wrongful Convictions Clinic client freed after 22 years of incarceration
- Eaglin '08 addresses risk-based sentencing and its impact on minorities Huffington Post
- Majestic '82 remembered as national leader in education law News and Observer
From the Campus: Alumni News
The general counsel and senior policy advisor for the White House Office of Management and Budget and member, by presidential appointment, of the Council of the Administrative Conference of the United States has made public service the cornerstone of her career.
- Watch live: Center on Law, Race and Politics and BLSA sponsor panel discussion on law enforcement and race, 12:30 pm http://t.co/WeNTV7Mzhu - September 15, 2014
- #DukeLaw Prof. Buell comments on DOJ's "Enron buster" http://t.co/SGP5wSpJ5T - September 15, 2014
- #DukeLaw Prof. Haagen comments on "public relations element" of NFL discipline policy http://t.co/052EYWhbNr - September 15, 2014
- #DukeLaw Prof. McAllaster comments on HIV/AIDS stigma in the South http://t.co/rPQ52PQYXt - September 15, 2014
- #Duke celebrates entrepreneurship with events featuring student, faculty, and alumni innovators http://t.co/w4SaWKnNEX - September 15, 2014
- Eric Wiener JD'09 was married to Eleanor Anne Smith on June 28, 2014 in Glenbrook, Nev. Eric is an associate at Williams & Connolly in Washington, D.C.
- Timothy Capria JD'13 has joined the intellectual property law firm of Waddey Patterson in Nashville, Tenn. His practice focuses on acquiring intellectual property, patent opinion, and enforcing intellectual property rights, primarily in the life sciences.
- David Maxwell JD'92 is a founding partner of the Atlanta business and intellectual property law firm Maxwell & Anderson. He was previously a partner at Duane Morris.
- Jennifer Csik Hutchens JD'07, an attorney with Robinson Bradshaw & Hinson in Charlotte, has been named chair of the American Health Lawyers Association (AHLA) Young Professionals Council. She practices in the area of corporate and commercial law, with an emphasis on health care, joint ventures and mergers and acquisitions.