News & Events for Alumni
Saturday, November 1, 2014, 1:30 PM
Wednesday, November 12, 2014, 4:30 PM
Wednesday, November 19, 2014, 5:30 PM
Saturday, November 22, 2014, 1:30 PM
Duke Law News
- Bernstein Lecture, Nov. 3: Horowitz discusses federalism for severely divided societies
- At Duke Law, chief of DOJ Criminal Division explains that international corruption compromises national security FCPA Blog
- Law review article by Mir '15 provides timely analysis of same-sex marriage tax equality Kansas City Star
- FCC general counsel discusses regulation, competition, and innovation at CIP conference FCC.gov
- Cox: AIG's Greenberg "established a culture of greed and risk-taking" Washington Post
- Watch: Farahany examines legal and ethical implications of cognitive liberty Duke Forward
- Climate change scholarship, the law and regulations behind the barbecue, alumni updates and more… Environmental Law Newsletter
- Emma Htun JD/LLM '13
- Under leadership of Sorrell '94, Paul Quinn College partners with Duke to address urban blight and environmental injustice Duke Today
- David Roche '13
From the Campus: Alumni News
Riar and Hurra, from countries with many similarities but a history of conflict, combined two recipes into one delicious "Peace Dessert".
- Today at #DukeLaw: An Inside View into the World of Professional Agents Feat. Gilad Berkowtiz http://t.co/55SO5uoS54 - October 24, 2014
- At #DukeLaw, chief of DOJ Criminal Division explains that international corruption compromises national security http://t.co/fwmrAiLldr - October 23, 2014
- Center for Innovation Policy conference addresses enforcement in telecommunications http://t.co/aQ2sAnaqSO - October 22, 2014
- Students show off their cooking skills at the 2014 International Food Fiesta [video] http://t.co/12X90jWe29 - October 22, 2014
- Prof. Wiener book cited in debate over transatlantic trade negotiations http://t.co/bc9NzIEz29 - October 22, 2014
- Jeff Benson JD'93 has been named chief operating officer and executive vice president of the Dilweg Companies, a commercial real estate firm, in Durham. He previously practiced for over 20 years in the Raleigh office of Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton, where he was a partner and head of the firm's real estate department.
- Kesav Mohan JD'09 has been named director of business development of Veniam Works, a tech start-up seeking to provide vehicular networking solutions, headquartered in Silicon Valley, Calif., and Portugal.
- Matthew Kane JD'03 has joined Z Capital Partners as a director, deputy general counsel, and member of the investment team. He previously was an associate with the firm Storch Amini & Munves in New York City.
- Jan Maarten Gerretsen LLM'90 has joined Lexence, N.V. as a partner in Amsterdam, where he specializes in construction law and real estate transactions. He previously was affiliated with Loyens & Loeff.