News & Events for Alumni
Saturday, March 7, 2015, 5:30 PM
Tuesday, March 10, 2015, 5:30 PM
Friday, March 27, 2015, 9:00 AM
Friday, April 17, 2015, 9:00 AM
Saturday, April 18, 2015, 9:00 AM
Sunday, April 19, 2015, 9:00 AM
Saturday, April 25, 2015, 12:00 PM
Duke Law News
- Video: Sen. Lindsey Graham addresses LENS conference on "Law in the Age of Forever War" Duke Law
- John Hope Franklin Centenary Lecture with Profs. Dellinger and Leuchtenburg, March 4
- Showalter '16 and Mohs '15 win 2015 Dean's Cup; Showalter named best oralist
- Brayton JD/MA '15 explains why she chose to undertake summer studies The National Jurist
- Student note by Rice '15 advances "great powers" analysis Volokh Conspiracy
- Siegel and Griffin author chapters in new book on "The Legacy of Ruth Bader Ginsburg" by Dodson '00 Cambridge University Press
- Dodson '00 discusses "The Legacy of Ruth Bader Ginsburg" Hamilton and Griffin on Rights
- From the Class of 1999: A conversation on corruption
- Bryant '86 and wife are first same-sex couple to wed in Texas International Business Times
- New book on Ruth Bader Ginsburg by Dodson '00 includes chapters by Siegel and Griffin The Faculty Lounge
From the Campus: Alumni News
Zephyr Teachout ’99, released her new book, Corruption in America: From Benjamin Franklin’s Snuffbox to Citizen’s United (Harvard University Press) in late fall, just as the midterm election cycle wrapped up. An associate professor of law at Fordham University, Teachout had spent the summer running for office, challenging New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo for the Democratic nomination, and receiving more than one-third of the primary vote.
- Today at #DukeLaw: Brewery Law with @fullsteam @FortnightBeer @loneriderbeer http://t.co/rhT9yMM6W2 - March 05, 2015
- Today at #DukeLaw: The Double Standard: Are Economic Rights Treated Differently? http://t.co/cA0gAxhTKb - March 05, 2015
- Today at #DukeLaw: John Hope Franklin Centenary Lecture http://t.co/UNG1i1zCDQ - March 04, 2015
- Huckerby: History provides important lessons for assessing the role of women in countering violent extremism http://t.co/e8ZJV6F7pD - March 03, 2015
- Scott Dodson '00 discusses "The Legacy of Ruth Bader Ginsburg" http://t.co/EDzOmCHWjy - March 03, 2015
- Gray Chynoweth JD'04 has been named COO and executive vice president at SilverTech, a digital lifecycle agency, in Manchester, N.H. He previously was COO at Dyn (Dynamic Network Services, Inc.). Gray and his wife, Tara, welcomed their son, Lincoln Rodney, on December 5, 2014.
- John (Jack) Hickey JD'80 has been listed on the 2015 annual edition of The South Florida Legal Guide’s list of Top Lawyers. He has also been named in the Florida Super Lawyers 2014 edition. Jack's firm is the Hickey Law Firm in Miami.
- John Keller JD'75, a partner in the Columbus office of Vorys Sater Seymour and Pease, has been named a 2015 Ohio Super Lawyer. John practices energy and natural resources law.
- Toshio Nakao JD'83, a partner in the Cincinnati office of Taft, Stettinius & Hollister has been recognized as a "2015 Leading Lawyer" by Cincy magazine.