News & Events for Alumni
Tuesday, July 29, 2014, 12:00 PM
Wednesday, July 30, 2014, 12:00 PM
Wednesday, July 30, 2014, 6:30 PM
Thursday, July 31, 2014, 7:05 PM
Friday, August 1, 2014, 8:30 AM
Monday, August 4, 2014, 6:00 PM
Friday, August 22, 2014, 7:00 PM
Saturday, August 30, 2014, 6:00 PM
Duke Law News
- Danner receives American Association of Law Libraries Distinguished Lectureship Award
- Duke Law co-hosting summer workshops for prospective applicants
- Video: Judicial clerkships at Duke Law Duke Law YouTube
- International Human Rights Clinic: Students help U.N. craft principles on redress for human trafficking victims
- Bill Reppy Jr. and Juliann Tenney ’79: Planned gift reflects deep ties to Duke Law
- Remembering Harry R. Chadwick Jr.: '53 grad had rich career in public service and private practice, established Duke Law's first endowed professorship Anderson McQueen
- Willett JD/MA '92 named to "Fastcase 50" list of "innovators, visionaries, and leaders" Fastcase 50
- Rai and Mandell '10 contribute to symposium of responses to controversial patent review proposal Chicago-Kent | Journal of Intellectual Property
- Prak '80 inducted into North Carolina Association of Broadcasters Hall of Fame Brooks Pierce
- Acharya '14: Supreme Court is tech-savvier than people think Salon
From the Campus: Alumni News
Susanne I. Haas ’85 ’87 has been named chair of Duke Law School’s Board of Visitors (BOV), effective July 1. She succeeds David Ichel ’78, who has headed the Law School’s alumni advisory group since 2009.
- Prof. Miller comments on corporate personhood in the wake of #SCOTUS Hobby Lobby decision http://t.co/uiC6Rysm78 http://t.co/4SA9gqKWRo - July 23, 2014
- #DukeLaw Prof. Siegel discusses Affordable Care Act appellate court rulings on @state_of_things at noon http://t.co/nWv6vzudBp - July 23, 2014
- #DukeLaw Prof. Dellinger cites Scalia and Roberts in arguing against legal basis for Republicans' plan to sue Obama http://t.co/X2rFJHF2z8 - July 22, 2014
- #DukeLaw Prof. Wettach blogs about alternatives to school suspension http://t.co/Fe9xoC9NFD http://t.co/DrXPGK9r3E - July 22, 2014
- #DukeLaw Prof. Vidmar comments on $23 billion verdict in tobacco trial http://t.co/Yj9PAL4Lra http://t.co/KKJ1r729b9 - July 22, 2014
- James Williams JD'79 moderated a symposium, "The Dawn of a New Fulfillment: Equal Justice Under the Law 50 Years After the 1964 Civil Rights Act," sponsored by North Carolina Advocates for Justice (NCAJ) on April 11 at the International Civil Rights Museum in Greensboro. James is a member of the board of governors of NCAJ and the public defender of Orange and Chatham counties.
- Venroy July JD'07 has founded Hardwork Promotions, to schedule fights and promote his professional boxing career which began in 2009, after winning the D.C. Novice Golden Glove. He competes in the cruiserweight division. Venroy is also a corporate associate in the Baltimore office of Hogan Lovells.
- Kent Weeks JD'64 has authored Doing Civility: Breaking the Cycle of Incivility on Campus (Morgan James Publishing, 2014). This follows his 2011 book, In Search of Civility: Confronting Incivility on the College Campus (Morgan James Publishing). Kent also maintains a law practice in Nashville, Tenn.
- Kevin Cuddy JD'00 has joined the Anchorage office of Stoel Rives as of counsel in the litigation group. He previously practiced with Feldman Orlansky & Sanders in Anchorage and Ropes & Gray in Boston.