News & Events for Alumni
Friday, August 22, 2014, 7:00 PM
Thursday, August 28, 2014, 6:30 PM
Saturday, August 30, 2014, 6:00 PM
Thursday, September 4, 2014, 12:00 PM
Thursday, September 18, 2014, 5:30 PM
Thursday, September 18, 2014, 6:30 PM
Duke Law News
- A rare opportunity for upper-year students: Space still available in some Duke Law clinics
- Ginsburg at Duke Law event: “I don’t think that 5-4 decisions have the same clout as a unanimous decision” New York Times
- Danner receives American Association of Law Libraries Distinguished Lectureship Award
- Duke Law co-hosting summer workshops for prospective applicants
- Video: Judicial clerkships at Duke Law Duke Law YouTube
- Eaglin '08 addresses risk-based sentencing and its impact on minorities Huffington Post
- Majestic '82 remembered as national leader in education law News and Observer
- Teachout '99 discusses why she's running to be governor of New York Salon
- Hendricks '83 is Blue Devil of the Week Duke Today
- Faruque LLM '90 to lead global compliance at Deutsche Bank HITC Business
From the Campus: Alumni News
The general counsel and senior policy advisor for the White House Office of Management and Budget and member, by presidential appointment, of the Council of the Administrative Conference of the United States has made public service the cornerstone of her career.
- RT @GoodandWill: Great @DukeLaw student volunteers at GCF today. Some doing no-sew blankets for preemies and their parents. http://t.co/mnK… - August 22, 2014
- Jessica Eaglin '08: May the Odds Be (Never) in Minorities' Favor? Breaking Down the Risk-Based Sentencing Divide| http://t.co/SEYJsBfSUN - August 22, 2014
- We accept the #ALSIceBucketChallenge! http://t.co/RxUWOHUwxC Your turn, @unc_law, @WFULawSchool and @NCCULAW. - August 22, 2014
- RT @DukeU: .@DukeLaw expert: "It's v dangerous to get a democracy like U.S. angered about a savage act against a citizen." http://t.co/IfLJ… - August 21, 2014
- .@PennLaw Challenge accepted! #ALSIceBucketChallenge @GeorgetownLaw @templelaw - August 21, 2014
- Rodney Bullard JD'01 has been recognized by the National Bar Association as one of its Trailblazers Under 40. The awards honor legal trailblazers who have achieved prominence and distinction in their fields of endeavor; the honorees were feted at a gala in Atlanta on July 26. Rodney is vice president of community affairs at Chick-fil-A, Inc. and executive director of the Chick-fil-A Foundation
- Erika Lietzan JD'95 has joined the faculty of the University of Missouri School of Law as an associate professor. She will teach food and drug law, as well as various intellectual property courses. Erika was previously a partner at Covington and Burling, having practiced for nearly 18 years.
- Bill Price JD'78 has been elected to chair the Institute of Illinois Business Law (IIBL) for 2014-15, steering its 30 to 40 members who volunteer their time to work for better laws in the area of business regulation. The IIBL performs valuable service for the Illinois business community by drafting, updating and revising important areas of business law. Bill's solo firm is GrowthLaw in Warrenville.
- Pam Silverman JD'81, who has a solo practice in Charlotte, was featured in the "Profiles in Specialization" section of the Summer 2014 issue of The North Carolina State Bar Journal at http://www.ncbar.com/journal/archive/journal_19,2.pdf. Pam is a board certified specialist in estate planning and probate law practicing in Mecklenburg and Union Counties.