News & Events for Alumni
Thursday, October 9, 2014, 4:30 PM
Friday, October 10, 2014, 8:00 AM
Friday, October 10, 2014, 12:30 PM
Friday, October 10, 2014, 7:00 PM
Saturday, October 11, 2014, 9:00 AM
Thursday, October 16, 2014, 6:00 PM
Thursday, October 16, 2014, 6:30 PM
Thursday, October 23, 2014, 6:00 PM
Duke Law News
- Purdy: Discussion of economic diversity in higher ed misses the mark The Daily Beast
- Baxter discusses WalMart's stake in Green Dot Law360
- Purdy reviews "The Case Against the Supreme Court" Bookforum
- Longtime National Academies’ STEP leader Merrill joins Center for Innovation Policy as executive director
- Event honoring L. Neil Williams '61, T '58 addresses importance of judicial independence
- Willett JD/MA '92 is self-proclaimed "most avid judicial tweeter in America" New York Times
- Arnwine '76 joins "National Town Hall" panel to discuss voting rights Congressional Black Caucus
- Judicial Studies grad Hanks '14 nominated to federal bench The Rancher
- Watch: Tjoflat '57 receives Duke’s Distinguished Alumni Award at the 2014 Founders' Day Ceremony Duke Chapel YouTube
- Teachout ’99 guests on The Daily Show Sept. 17 The Daily Show
From the Campus: Alumni News
- Today at #DukeLaw: International Food Fiesta #InternationalWeek http://t.co/DCSfJk75T6 - October 01, 2014
- Today at #DukeLaw: Southern Justice Spring Break Information Session http://t.co/7zKHb1aR0F - October 01, 2014
- #DukeLaw Prof. Cox weighs in on legal battle over AIG bailout http://t.co/orMiENB6xG - September 30, 2014
- #DukeLaw Prof. Dunlap discusses entry of female Marines into combat operations specialties [pdf] http://t.co/3wA8sFcjI4 - September 30, 2014
- Today at #DukeLaw: Discussion on International Summer Work #InternationalWeek http://t.co/GhXlxOCMPf - September 30, 2014
- Mark Labaton JD'88 has joined two of his former colleagues from the U.S. Attorney's Office in Los Angeles in the 14-lawyer firm of Isaacs Friedberg & Labaton, a full-service litigation firm. Mark will continue to represent plaintiffs/relators in whistleblower cases and other complex litigation, including securities class actions and corporate governance cases.
- Glenn (Bo) Ketner III JD'06 and his wife, Katherine, welcomed a son Glenn E. Ketner IV on August 6, 2014.
- Olivia McLaren (Dickerson) JD/LLM'04 has moved from New York City to Edinburgh, Scotland, where she has established Olivia McLaren, Ltd., a firm dedicated to the provision of strategic U.S. immigration legal services. Prior to the move, she was selected as a Rising Star in the New York Metro edition of Super Lawyers for immigration law and co-authored the New York Law Journal column on immigration law, while practicing with Satterlee Stephens Burke & Burke. She continues to serve on the board of directors of the American-Scottish Foundation, a not-for-profit based in New York.
- Richard "Tad" Ferris JD'94 was admitted as a partner and named co-chair of the greater China regulatory practice at the Washington, D.C. office Foley & Lardner in June.