Jumpstart Your 2L Job Search
Wednesday, March 20, 2013
4:30 - 8:00 PM
- 30 Employers
- 70 Attorneys (see who is attending here)
- 25 Practice Groups
- 40 Cities Represented
- Duke Law Class of 2015
Designing a Personal Plan for Professional Success
This event is the primary 1L and employer networking event at Duke as the 1Ls contemplate their upcoming 2L law firm job search. In 2011, more than 30 organizations, 60+ lawyers and recruiting professionals and over 165 students participated in a high-energy & interactive evening. The Blueprint offers a unique opportunity to establish meaningful connections with private sector decision-makers from around the country in advance of the Fall OCI recruiting season.
In one evening, you will:
- Learn about a wide array of practice areas, including growing specialties and fields that show particular promise in today's economy;
- Speak one-on-one with Duke Law School alumni eager to provide all aspects of helpful advice on exploring practice areas, law firms and career paths;
- Meet high-profile Duke Law School alumni from the public sector whose careers have spanned public service and law firm work;
- Gather practical information about employers for the Fall OCI bidding process
4:30 PM: Student Check-In
5:00 PM: "The Art of Effective Self-Promotion" with Debby Stone, Executive Coach and Founder, Novateur Partners, LLC
6:15 PM: Networking & Practice Area Expo - Hilton Ballroom
7:45 PM: Raffle (gift cards for Ann Taylor and Jos A. Banks)
8:00 PM: Conclusion of Networking Expo - attendess welcome to mingle
The Blueprint for Success will be held at the Durham Hilton (2800 Hillsborough St.)
Duke Law School extends its deep gratitude to the following law firms for their financial support of this event. In addition, we thank all participating professionals for sharing their time, knowledge and expertise and for making this such a successful event each year. We greatly appreciate your ongoing support of, and involvement with, Duke Law School and its students.
Please complete the registration form here; we encourage you to register by March 13.
There is no cost to students to attend. However, significant costs, in time and money, are being incurred to hold this event by employers and the law school. Once registered, if you are unable to attend and do not give 24 hours’ notice, you will be subject to a $25 charge.
For more information, please contact Joanna Bell at firstname.lastname@example.org.