Fall 2013 OCI
- Fall OCI Season Fees
- Important OCI Information
- Shipping Packages & Mailing Materials
- Cancellation Policy
- Anti-Discrimination Policy
- Scholastic Standing & Grading Policy
- Airport information and directions to Duke Law
- Recommended Accommodations & Restaurants for Interviewers
FALL 2013 OCI IMPORTANT DATES:
Fall OCI invitations will be sent out in February 2013.
|Registration begins: Monday, March 4, 2013, at 12:00 PM (ET).|
|Registration ends: Friday, May 17, 2013, at 12:00 PM (ET).|
|Notification of assigned OCI date: Rolling basis beginning in April, 2013.|
|List of participating employers available to students: Expected early June, 2013.|
|Student bidding begins: Third week of July, 2013.|
|Segment I schedules and wait list available to employers: Expected week of August 5, 2013.|
|Segment II & III interview schedules will be available to employers: Approximately one week prior to the date of your interviews.|
|Classes begin: Monday, August 26, 2013.|
Callback Days: Monday, August 26 and Tuesday, August 27, 2013.
Please note: no interviews will be held Friday, August 16-Friday, August 23, 2013.
Interviews on August 12-15 will take place in the Hilton Hotel-Durham. The Hilton Hotel is located at 3800 Hillsborough Road. The phone number is (919) 383-8033, and more information is available here.
Interviews on subsequent dates will be held on-campus in the Law School.
Fall 2013 OCI Season Fees
Fall 2013 OCI Season Fees Per Interview Room*
|1 to 40 attorney firm, government, public interest||No charge|
|41 to 99 attorney law firm||$400|
|100 or more attorney law firm||$875|
*Fees are due no later than one week from the confirmation of your registration date.
Please make your check payable to Duke University School of Law and mail it to:
Ms. Kelly Briggs
210 Science Drive, Box 90367
Durham, NC 27708-0367
- Please print schedules and student resumes again 48 hours prior to arrival, as interview schedules may change up to this point.
- Sending packages and marketing materials for OCI: Please follow the specific instructions outlined below.
- Hospitality Suites: A very limited number of hospitality suites are available for Segment I for purchase on a first-come, first-served basis by directly contacting the Hilton Hotel. Please contact Joanna Bell at 919-613-7190 to reserve a Hospitality Suite. You may contact Traci Kessler at 919-564-2904 to purchase space and for your coordinating needs. We will not be offering hospitality suites for Segment II or Segment III.
- Hotel Accommodations: Please book sleeping rooms for interviewers at the Hilton Hotel-Durham (919-383-8033).
The following hotels will provide accommodations at a special "Duke rate:"
- Hilton Durham near Duke University 3800 Hillsborough Road.
Due to the University's green policy and limited storage space, we ask that you limit shipping boxed marketing materials to one box per employer organization-wide. Please follow the instructions below for shipping materials to your interview locations.
Hotel Location for Segment I Interviews:
- Please mail all packages so that they arrive at the Hilton Hotel two business days prior to your scheduled interview date. This should provide ample time to correct errors such as lost or misdirected packages. Packages will not be received at Duke Law School for Segment I; please send directly to the Hilton Hotel.
- All packages sent to Hotel must include the name of Group, date of program and number of items. Shipment should arrive no earlier than three (3) days prior to event. Hotel has no liability for the delivery, security or condition of the packages.
Please address all packages as follows:
Duke OCI - Employer Name
3800 Hillsborough Road
Durham, North Carolina, 27705-2328
- Include the following email address: email@example.com in the shipping company’s tracking and notification system. This will help the Career Center staff track it's status.
- Clearly label and package separately all materials that are to be delivered some place other than the interview room suite. The area designated for your hospitality table may not be in close proximity to your interview room. This will help us to deliver all of your materials to their proper destination.
- If you are hosting an evening reception in the Durham area, please make arrangements with the venue to ship your materials directly there.
Due to the volume of packages and marketing materials that we receive during OCI, we are unable to take responsibility for shipping unused materials back to you after your visit to Duke Law. All unused or unclaimed materials will be discarded at the end of your interview day unless you make arrangements to ship them back to your office.
By following these easy instructions, you will help us to ensure that your time at Duke Law goes as smoothly as possible. Thank you for your cooperation.
For Interviews at Duke Law School:
- Plan to mail all packages so that they arrive at Duke Law School two business days prior to your scheduled interview date. This should provide ample time to correct errors such as lost or misdirected packages.
Please address all packages as follows:
Joanna Bell, Recruiting Coorindator
Career & Professional Development Center
Duke University School of Law
210 Science Drive
Durham, North Carolina 27708
FedEx/UPS Shipments: The Law School's physical address is 210 Science Drive (Do not include the Box number).
Do not address the package to yourself or your interviewers - if our mailroom does not recognize the addressee on the package, this increases the chance that it will not be delivered to the proper place.
See above for steps 3, 4, & 5.
PLEASE CHECK THE SECTION ON YOUR ON-LINE SYPMLICITY REGISTRATION REQUEST FORM LABELED DUKE UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF LAW ANTI-DISCRIMINATORY POLICY TO AFFIRM YOUR ORGANIZATION'S COMPLIANCE.
Additionally, you are encouraged to be familiar with the School's Anti-discrimination Policy and the National Association for Law Placement publication, Lawful and Effective Interviewing Practices, as an aid to appropriate interviewing practices.
*All late cancellation requests must be made by July 1, 2013 for a half refund.
Please note that student bidding will begin in July. Interview schedules will be available to students by the end of July, 2013. Please make all cancellation requests prior to this date.
Scholastic Standing and Grading Policy
The Law School does not release class rank.
Duke Law School uses a slightly modified form of the familiar 4.0 scale. The modification permits faculty to recognize especially distinguished performances with grades above a 4.0. The highest grade given is 4.3. A grade of 1.5 or lower is failing.
The median grade for all first- year and upper level courses of 40 or more students is 3.3.
Again, Duke Law School does not release class rank.