The Law School facilitates student participation in many different job fairs throughout the year to give students opportunities to engage with a variety of employers. Most of the job fairs listed below do not have registration fees for students. For those that do, the Career Center is often able to cover this cost for students. Please contact Abby Phillips in the Career Center if you have questions regarding job fair registration or fees. Students are responsible for their own travel arrangements.
For information on the On Tour Interview Programs happening in Houston, Dallas, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Chicago and Miami, please visit the On Tour Interview website, or contact Erin Biggerstaff .
Click here for more career fairs listed through NALP.
- 7/22/14 - National Black Prosecutors Association - The 31st Annual Job Fair will be on July 22, 2014. The conference is from July 20-July26th. Membership for law students is $20.00. The application may be found here. The job fair is held at the Hyatt Regency in Scottsdale, Arizona.
- 7/25/14 & 7/26/14 - The Southeastern Minority Job Fair (SEMJF). Register here by 12 Noon, April 21, 2014. Registered students may upload requested application materials via the SEMJF website from May 15, 2014 to 11:58 PM Friday, May 30, 2014. The fair will be held on Friday, July 25 & Saturday, July 26, 2014, at the Hyatt Regency Suites Atlanta Northwest in Marietta, Georgia. A complete time line and other information may be found at www.semjf.org.
- 7/26/14 - The Bay Area Diversity Career Fair. This event will take place Saturday July 26, 2014 at the Hilton San Francisco Financial District. The Bay Area Diversity Career Fair attracts hiring representatives from the Bay Area's most prominent law firms and government legal departments. Only law students who will have completed their first year of law school by the time of interviews are eligible to participate. Students can register online at https://basf-orrick-dcf-csm.symplicity.com/students/. The registration and bidding deadline is Sunday, June 15, 2014. For additional information please go to: www.sfbar.org/careerfair.
- 7/29/14 - 10th Annual Southeastern Intellectual Property Job Fair. The employer list will be available for review starting April 30. Students must register between April 30-May 21, 2014. The fair will be held for rising 2L and 3L students by Georgia State University College of Law in Atlanta, Georgia.
- 7/31/14 & 8/1/14 - Loyola Patent Law Interview Program. This is a two-day interview program held in Chicago each summer that brings together patent law employers and law students from across the country to interview for summer associate positions and post-graduate employment. Job Fair will be held on July 31 and August 1 at the Embassy Suites Chicago - Downtown/Lakefront, 511 N. Columbus Drive.
- 7/31/14 & 8/1/14 - The Boston Lawyers Group Boston Job Fairs for Law Students of Color. The Boston Job fair will be held on August 1, 2014, at the Sheraton Boston Hotel, 39 Dalton Street, Boston, MA. In addition to the job fair, the BLG will host networking receptions for selected students on July 31st, 2014. Registration for the fair is open April 1, - July 7, 2013. For more information, please visit www.thebostonlawyersgroup.com and click on "2014 Job Fair".
- 8/1/14 & 8/2/14 - Heartland Diversity Legal Job Fair. The 10th Annual Heartland Diversity Legal Job Fair (HDLJF) will be held August 1-2, 2014, in Kansas City, Missouri at the Crowne Plaza Hotel. The deadline for the early bird registration window is May 16, 2014. The final deadline for registering is June 14, 2014. To register for the event, please go to the Heartland Symplicity website https://law-kcmba-csm.symplicity.com/students and input your information. After submitting your request, an ID and password will be assigned to you so that you may access our web database and upload registration information needed for employers (i.e., cover letter, resume, transcript and writing sample). Additional information about the job fair is available at: http://www.heartlanddiversity.org.
- 8/2/14 -Dupont Minority Job Fair. The 21st Annual DuPont sponsored Minority Job Fairs in Wilmington, Houston and Los Angeles are scheduled for Saturday, August 2, 2014. Student registration will be due on May 1, 2014. See http://www.dupontlegalmodel.com/diversity/dupont-legal-minority-job-fairs/ for more information.
- 8/8/14 - Cook County Bar Association Minority Job Fair. This year's Job Fair will be held on Friday, August 8, 2014, from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm at the Embassy Suites Chicago - Downtown/Lakefront, located at 511 N. Columbus Drive, Chicago, Illinois 60611. The CCBA Job Fair primarily is designed to obtain summer associate positions for rising 2Ls (current 1Ls) during their second summer in law school. Please read the full registration brochure. Student registration begins April 1, 2014 at https://law-ccba-csm.symplicity.com/students/. Student registration ends on May 23, 2014. For more information, visit www.ccbaminorityjobfair.com. When registering, please list Abby Phillips as the Law School contact.
- 8/21/14 & 8/22/14 - Indianapolis Bar Association Diversity Job Fair This event will take place at the Hilton Indianapolis Hotel & Suites. Student registration begins on April 1 and ends on July 20. More information can be found here, http://www.ibadiversityjobfair.com/.
- 8/21/14-8/23/14 - Lavender Law (LGBT Job Fair). Career Fair will be on Thursday, August 21st, with the conference being Friday, August 22 and Saturday, August 23. Visit http://www.lgbtbar.org/annual/career-fair/ for more details.
Other job fairs with dates not yet updated:
- 8/2/13 & 8/3/13 - The St. Louis Diversity Job Fair. The St. Louis Diversity Job Fair will be held on Friday, August 2 and Saturday, August 3, 2013. The Job Fair will be held at Thompson Coburn, 1 US Bank Plaza, Saint Louis, MO 63101. Registration and bidding can be completed at https://law-sldjf-csm.symplicity.com/. Students may register and bid in May, 2013, with registration ending on May 31, and bidding begins in June. For additional information regarding the sixth annual St. Louis Diversity Job Fair, please visit www.stldiversityjobfair.com.
8/2/13 - Minnesota Minority Recruitment Conference. Taking place on Friday August, 2, 2013 at the University of St. Thomas School of Law. Registration deadline is June 7, and students may register here.
8/9/13 - Rocky Mountain Diversity Legal Career Fair The RMDLCF will take place on Friday September 14, 2012, from 8:00 AM to Noon at Sports Authority Field at Mile High in Denver, Colorad. For more information and to register for the Career Fair, please visit rmdlcf.com or RMDLCF Symplicity.
8/9/13 - IMPACT Career Fair for Law Students & Attorneys with Disabilities. The 9th Annual IMPACT Career Fair for Law Students & Attorneys with Disabilities will be held at the Hyatt Regency Crystal City at Regan National Airport (Washington, DC), sponsored by the University of Arizona Rogers College of Law and the Georgetown University Law Center. http://www.law.arizona.edu/Career/Impact/welcome.cfm
8/10/13 - 2013 Delaware Minority Job Fair. Taking place on Saturday, August 10, the 2013 Delaware Minority Job Fair, at the Wilmington, Delaware campus of Widener University School of Law. To register for the event, second and third-year students are asked to submit their applicationgs to the Job Fair's recruiting site, https://law.dmpd.csm.sympilcity.com/students. The application deadline is Tuesday, May 21, 2013.
8/23/13-8/24/13 - 3rd Annual Tennessee Bar Association Diversity Job Fair. The Tennessee Bar Association's Diversity Job Fair is an initiative of the Committee on Racial & Ethnic Diversity (CRED), whose mission is to enhance racial and ethnic diversity within the profession and the justice system in Tennessee. This job fair will provide an opportunity for employers to interview diverse law students from law schools in Tennessee and the surrounding states with a goal of making the profession and the justice system more reflective of the racial and ethnic diversity in Tennessee.