The Law School facilitates student participation in many different job fairs throughout the year to give students opportunities to engage with a variety of employers. Most of the job fairs listed below do not have registration fees for students. For those that do, the Career Center is often able to cover this cost for students. Please contact Abby Phillips in the Career Center if you have questions regarding job fair registration or fees. Students are responsible for their own travel arrangements.
For information on the On Tour Interview Programs happening in Houston, Dallas, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Chicago and Miami, please visit the On Tour Interview website, or contact Erin Biggerstaff .
Click here for more career fairs listed through NALP.
- 7/22/14 - National Black Prosecutors Association - Registration for this fair is now closed. The 31st Annual Job Fair will be on July 22, 2014. The conference is from July 20-July 26th. Membership for law students is $20.00. The application may be found here. The job fair is held at the Hyatt Regency in Scottsdale, Arizona. Register here by July 7, 2014. Register by June 16 to receive the early registration discount. Please read the applicant letter before registering.
- 7/25/14 & 7/26/14 - The Southeastern Minority Job Fair (SEMJF). Registration for SEMJF 2014 is now closed. Registered students may upload requested application materials via the SEMJF website from May 15, 2014 to 11:58 PM Friday, May 30, 2014. The fair will be held on Friday, July 25 & Saturday, July 26, 2014, at the Hyatt Regency Suites Atlanta Northwest in Marietta, Georgia. A complete time line and other information may be found at www.semjf.org. NBLSA will also be a part of SEMJF again this year. On July 26, they will host a breakfast at 8:30 a.m., a program entitled "Starting the Conversation" at 9:30 a.m. and another program called "Landing the Job" at 10:55 a.m. Please visit their website to learn more.
- 7/26/14 - The Bay Area Diversity Career Fair. Regsitration for this fair is now closed. This event will take place Saturday, July 26, 2014 at the Hilton San Francisco Financial District. The Bay Area Diversity Career Fair attracts hiring representatives from the Bay Area's most prominent law firms and government legal departments. Only law students who will have completed their first year of law school by the time of interviews are eligible to participate. Students can register online at https://basf-orrick-dcf-csm.symplicity.com/students/ starting May 19. The registration and bidding deadline is Sunday, June 15, 2014. For additional information please go to: www.sfbar.org/careerfair.
- 7/29/14 - 10th Annual Southeastern Intellectual Property Job Fair. Registration for SIPJF is now closed. The fair will be held for rising 2L and 3L students with Resume Collect opportunities for recent graudates by Georgia State University College of Law in Atlanta, Georgia. Please register here by May 21. View the 2014 Employer List.
- 7/31/14 & 8/1/14 - Loyola Patent Law Interview Program. Registration for the Loyola Patent Law Interview Program 2014 is now closed. This is a two-day interview program held in Chicago each summer that brings together patent law employers and law students from across the country to interview for summer associate positions and post-graduate employment. Job Fair will be held on July 31 and August 1 at the Embassy Suites Chicago - Downtown/Lakefront, 511 N. Columbus Drive.
- 7/31/14 & 8/1/14 - The Boston Lawyers Group Boston Job Fairs for Law Students of Color. Registration for this fair is now closed. The Boston Job fair will be held on August 1, 2014, at the Sheraton Boston Hotel, 39 Dalton Street, Boston, MA. In addition to the job fair, the BLG will host networking receptions for selected students on July 31st, 2014. Registration for the fair is open April 1, - July 7, 2013. For more information, please visit www.thebostonlawyersgroup.com and click on "2014 Job Fair". Frequently asked questions may be found here. Help with registration may be found here. The timeline for students may be found here.
- 8/1/14 & 8/2/14 - Heartland Diversity Legal Job Fair. Registration for the Heartland Diversity Legal Job Fair is now closed. The 10th Annual Heartland Diversity Legal Job Fair (HDLJF) will be held August 1-2, 2014, in Kansas City, Missouri at the Crowne Plaza Hotel. The deadline for the early bird registration window is May 16, 2014. The final deadline for registering is June 14, 2014. To register for the event, please go to the Heartland Symplicity website https://law-kcmba-csm.symplicity.com/students and input your information. After submitting your request, an ID and password will be assigned to you so that you may access our web database and upload registration information needed for employers (i.e., cover letter, resume, transcript and writing sample). Additional information about the job fair is available at: http://www.heartlanddiversity.org.
- 8/1/14 - Rocky Mountain Diversity Legal Career Fair Registration for this job fair is now closed. The RMDLCF will take place on Friday, August 1, 2014, at Sports Authority Field at Mile High in Denver, Colorado. Student registration ends on June 10, 2014. For more information and to register for the Career Fair, please visit rmdlcf.com or RMDLCF Symplicity.
8/1/14 - Minnesota Minority Recruitment Conference. Registration for this conference is now closed. Taking place on Friday, August 1, 2013 at the University of St. Thomas School of Law. Student registration deadline is June 6, 2014, and students may register here. Additional information on the conference is available here.
- 8/2/14 -Dupont Minority Job Fair. Registration for the Dupont Minority Job Fair is now closed. The 21st Annual DuPont sponsored Minority Job Fairs in Wilmington, Houston and Los Angeles are scheduled for Saturday, August 2, 2014. See http://www.dupontlegalmodel.com/diversity/dupont-legal-minority-job-fairs/ for more information.
- 8/8/14 - Cook County Bar Association Minority Job Fair. Registration for the CCBA Minority Job Fair is now closed. This year's Job Fair will be held on Friday, August 8, 2014, from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm at the Embassy Suites Chicago - Downtown/Lakefront, located at 511 N. Columbus Drive, Chicago, Illinois 60611. The CCBA Job Fair primarily is designed to obtain summer associate positions for rising 2Ls (current 1Ls) during their second summer in law school. Please read the full registration brochure. Student registration begins April 1, 2014 at https://law-ccba-csm.symplicity.com/students/. For more information, visit www.ccbaminorityjobfair.com. When registering, please list Abby Phillips as the Law School contact.
- 8/8/14 & 8/9/14 - The St. Louis Diversity Job Fair. Registration for this job fair is now closed. The St. Louis Diversity Job Fair will be held on Friday, August 8 and Saturday, August 9, 2014. The Job Fair will be held at the Polsinelli law offices, 100 S. 4th Street, Suite 1100, St. Louis, Missouri. Registration and bidding can be completed at to https://law-sldjf-csm.symplicity.com/. Students may register and bid in May, 2013, with registration ending on May 30, and bidding begins in June. For additional information regarding the sixth annual St. Louis Diversity Job Fair, please visit www.stldiversityjobfair.com. Students who need financial assistance may contact Danielle Carr at firstname.lastname@example.org. The application that must be completed in order to be considered for a stipend must be submitted by Tuesday, July 1, 2014 at midnight (CST).
- 8/9/14 - 2014 Delaware Minority Job Fair. Registration for the Delaware Minority Job Fair is now closed. Taking place on Saturday, August 9, the 2014 Delaware Minority Job Fair, at the Wilmington, Delaware campus of Widener University School of Law. To register for the event, second and third-year students are asked to submit their applicationgs to the Job Fair's recruiting site, https://law-dmpd-csm.symplicity.com/students/. The application deadline is Wednesday, May 28, 2014.
- 8/16/2014 - Tri-State Diversity Recruiting Program - This event will take place on August 16, 2014 at the Galt House Hotel in Louisville, Kentucky. Please complete the Student Registration Form by August 2, 2014.
- 8/21/14 & 8/22/14 - Indianapolis Bar Association Diversity Job Fair This event will take place at the Hilton Indianapolis Hotel & Suites. Student registration begins on April 1 and ends on July 20. More information can be found here, http://www.ibadiversityjobfair.com/.
- 8/21/14-8/23/14 - Lavender Law (LGBT Job Fair). Career Fair will be on Thursday, August 21st, with the conference being Friday, August 22 and Saturday, August 23. Visit http://www.lgbtbar.org/annual/career-fair/ for more details. Please look over the fact sheet here.
- 8/23/2014 - Northwest Minority Job Fair. - This event will take place on August 23, 2014 at the Washington State Attorney General's Office in Seattle, Washington. Student Registration begins June 25, 2014 and ends July 21, 2014.
- 9/12/2014 - Hispanic National Bar Association Career Fair - HNBA 2014 Annual Convention, “Unidos in Washington: Our Struggle, Our Progress,” will be held in Washington, DC from September 10-13, with interviews on September 12. Student Bidding begins August 1 and ends August 19. The schedule will be officialy posted on September 5. Online registration for the Career Fair is now open on the HNBA website, and further details will be made available.
Other job fairs with dates not yet updated:
8/9/13 - IMPACT Career Fair for Law Students & Attorneys with Disabilities. The 9th Annual IMPACT Career Fair for Law Students & Attorneys with Disabilities will be held at the Hyatt Regency Crystal City at Regan National Airport (Washington, DC), sponsored by the University of Arizona Rogers College of Law and the Georgetown University Law Center. http://www.law.arizona.edu/Career/Impact/welcome.cfm
8/23/13-8/24/13 - 3rd Annual Tennessee Bar Association Diversity Job Fair. The Tennessee Bar Association's Diversity Job Fair is an initiative of the Committee on Racial & Ethnic Diversity (CRED), whose mission is to enhance racial and ethnic diversity within the profession and the justice system in Tennessee. This job fair will provide an opportunity for employers to interview diverse law students from law schools in Tennessee and the surrounding states with a goal of making the profession and the justice system more reflective of the racial and ethnic diversity in Tennessee.