The Career and Professional Development Center is committed to helping LLM students acquire the professional tools and skills that will serve them well in the United States or abroad.
To get you started, here are some helpful resources on:
- Creating a resume
- Writing a cover letter
- Sample Resumes
Law Student Business Cards
- (Please register with Eprint and pick Duke Law School from the list of options on the left)
In addition to the professional development programs that are offered to JD students, we organize a variety of programs exclusively for LLM students to assist them in identifying and pursuing their goals:
- Panel discussion with LLM alumni on finding jobs in the U.S.
- Resume/cover letter workshop
- Mock Interview Program
- Career Speaker Series
- LLM Networking Receptions with LLM Alumni in the U.S.
- Individual career counseling
- International Student Interview Program (ISIP) in NYC
International Career Resources
- Duke Law’s Searchable Database of International Opportunities
- Tipsheet on Pursuing International Public Interest Work Abroad
- PSJD Guides to Finding Post-Graduate International Public Service Opportunities
- List of International Judicial Fellowships at the Hague
- International Law Student Association List of Post-Graduate Fellowships in International Law