Symplicity is the web-based recruiting system and job bank used for the OCI process and job/resume solicitations. The system also provides a personalized calendar of career programming events and serves as a personal student employment profile center.
How to Use Symplicity Guide
How to Use Symplicity (pdf)
This guide is intended to provide students with the basic tools and knowledge to navigate Symplicity.
Using Symplicity for 1L Spring Interviewing Program
As one small component of your overall job search, the 2013 Spring Interview Program (SIP) will bring a limited number of legal employers to campus. All 1Ls are invited to participate in this interview program. Some employers may choose to also interview 2Ls. In these cases, 2L students will receive notification about these employers and how they can register.
Access Symplicity by clicking here.
Interview Dates and Student Registraiton Period
The 2013 Spring Interview Program will begin February 11.
Registration for the 2013 Spring Interview Program begins Thursday, January 10, at 12:00 noon EST, and ends on Thursday, January 17, 12:00 noon EST.
- For the full list of employers, log into Symplicity (https://law-duke-csm.symplicity.com/students) with your Symplicity USER ID (Duke Law email address) and PASSWORD (previously emailed to you) and follow these instructions:
- Go to the "OCI" tab on the right side of the screen. Within the "Employers/Bidding" tab, choose the "Spring 2013 Spring Interview Program at Duke" session from the dropdown (unless the session is already appearing, in which case you will not see a dropdown).
To apply, first click “Review” to the left of the Employer name.
- Beside “Bid”, you must enter a bid number. PLEASE NOTE: The bid number is irrelevant for the Spring Interview Program. Symplicity requires a bid number to sign up (hence, you are not ranking the employers by submitting a bid number in this case). This registration process is different from Fall OCI, where you will rank your employers of interest. Submit your resume and a bid number to each employer of interest.
- Beside “Resume”, you must select your resume. To do so, you must have your resume uploaded in Symplicity first (Visit your “Documents” tab).
- If an employer will be interviewing for more than one office location, you may rank your office locations in order of preference. If an employer is interviewing for several offices, you do not have to fill the slot beside each office (For example, you do not have to enter a preference order for ten offices). Instead, it is better to narrow your office location preferences.
- Employers will then review all of the resumes received and will select certain students to interview, either as selected candidates or alternates.
- The employers' decisions will soon follow.
Signing up for an Interview Time
- After employer selections have been made, you will receive instructions from the Career Center on signing up for interview slot that best fits your schedule.
- Go to the "OCI" tab on the right side of the screen. Within the "Employers/Bidding" tab, choose the "Spring 2013 Spring Interview Program at Duke" session from the dropdown.
- Check to see if you have been selected to interview with your employer(s) of interest.
- If you have been selected to interview, click "Review" at the left hand side of the screen next to the employer name. If you wish to interview with the employer, click on "Accept Preselect" (or "Accept Alternate") and then select an interview slot. Be sure to choose an interview time that does not interfere with your class schedule. If you no longer wish to interview with the employer, simply click on the "Decline" tab
If you have any questions regarding your Symplicity account and/or password or the OCI or Spring Interview Program process in general, please contact Joanna Bell, Recruiting Coordinator, at (919) 613-7190 or at email@example.com.
Dropping Spring Interviews
- You are expected to attend all interviews for which you sign-up unless:
- You become ill before your scheduled interview time, please contact the Career Center immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org or (919) 613-7190 and copy email@example.com.