Wednesday, October 10, 2007
5:00 – 6:30 p.m.
- Early Bird Reception
- Please join us for a casual pre-conference reception and get the chance to meet fellow attendees, conference faculty and council members as well as familiarize yourself with the Law School building before the conference kicks off on Thursday morning.
Thursday, October 11, 2007
7:30 – 8:30 a.m.
- Registration & Continental Breakfast
8:30 -10:00 a.m.
- Topic: Recent Developments
Speaker: Turney P. Berry
10:00 – 10:15 a.m.
- Morning Break: Sponsored by Stanford Group Company
10:15 – 11:15 a.m.
- Topic: Tax Free Division - Family Business Succession Planning for the Dysfunctional Family
Speaker: Michael V. Bourland
11:15 – 12:30 p.m.
- Topic: It’s Not Your Grandfather’s Trust: A Guide to Trust Administration in the 21st
Speaker: Lauren J. Wolven
12:30 – 1:30 p.m.
Sponsored by BNY MELLON Wealth Management
1:30 – 2:30 p.m.
- Topic: Getting Money Out of the Family Business
Speaker: Farhad Aghdami
2:30 – 3:45 p.m.
- Topic: Planning Outside the Mainstream
Speaker: Charles L. Ratner
3:45 – 4:00 p.m.
- Afternoon Break
Sponsored by Wachovia
4:00 – 5:00 p.m.
- Topic: Planning for Divorce of Business Owner
Speaker: Myron E. Sildon
5:00 – 6:30 p.m.
- Reception:Speakers, Council Members and all Registrants
Sponsored by Brown Brothers Harriman & Company
Friday, October 12, 2007
8:00 – 8:30 a.m.
- Continental Breakfast
8:30 – 9:30 a.m.
- Topic: Now You See It, Now You Don’t: The Client and Legal Capacity
Speaker: Mark B. Edwards
9:30 – 10:45 a.m.
- Topic: What’s New and what’s Left in Sophisticated Life Insurance Planning
Speaker: Lawrence Brody
10:45 – 11:00 a.m.
- Morning Break: Sponsored by Comstock Advisors
11:00 – 12:15 p.m.
- Topic: Not So Bad When You Get Used to It? – Charitable Planning Under the Pension Protection Act
Speaker: Jerry J. McCoy
12:15 – 1:15 p.m.
1:15 – 2:30 p.m.
- Topic: Ethical Issues in Estate Tax Planning
Speaker: Mary Ann Mancini
2:30 – 4:00 p.m.
- Topic: Rainmakers & Rock Stars: Panel Presentation
Speakers: Georgiana J. Slade, Anne M. McKinney, Douglas L Siegler and Edwin J. Walker, Jr.
All materials presented are copyrighted, and video or audio recording of any portion of the program is prohibited.