Durham - The Bull City
The secret is out: Durham is a great place to live. No matter how you slice it, the quality of life, available opportunities, and prospects for growth are better here than just about anywhere in America. It's easy to see why — natural beauty, low cost of living, big city amenities, accessibility to the coast and mountains, and great weather for most of the year. But don't just take our word for it. Here are a few of the recent accolades heaped on the Bull City.
36 Hours in Durham
Check out The New York Times article about the "cool mix of culture and food " in the Bull City!
- #1 America's Most Tolerant City (The Daily Beast, 01/2012)
- #1 Best Place to Retire (Black Enterprise, 10/2008)
- #1 Best Place to Retire (CNN Money, 10/2010)
- #1 Greatest Basketball Town to Visit (CNN, 03/2009)
- #1 Fastest Growing Metropolitan Area 2000-2009 (US Census Bureau)
- #1 America's Foodiest Small Town (Bon Appetit 10/2008)
- #2 Best Green Cities- Lifestyle and Quality of Life (Country Home, 2008)
- #2 America's Brainiest Cities (The Daily Beast, 08/2010)
- #3 Best City to Ride Out a Recession (BusinessWeek, 10/2008)
- #3 Best Place for Business and Careers (Forbes, 03/2009)
- #4 Best Mid-sized Area for Jobs (Forbes, 04/2009)
- #4 "Most Educated Cities" (U.S. News and World Report, 09/2011)
- #5 "Top 100 Places to Live" (Relocate-America, 2009)
- #6 Best Places for Young Adults (The Business Journals, 03/2013)
- #6 Healthiest Housing Market in the U.S. (The Wall Street Journal/Local Market Monitor, 08/2010)
Praise for Durham seemingly never stops, so check the Durham Convention and Visitors Bureau for the most recent accolades.
Durham also has received some great coverage in national and local media in recent years:
- Forbes lists Raleigh/Durham as one of "10 Up And Coming Cities for Entrepreneurs" (0213)
- Google selects Durham as part of Tech Hub Network (2013)
- Southern Living Names Durham "The South's Tastiest Town" (2013)
- New York Times' The Pour (2013)
- New York Times' 36 Hours in Durham, N.C. (2013)
- New York Times’ Choice Tables (2011)
- New York Times’ 41 Places to Go in 2011
- New York Times’ 36 Hours in Research Triangle (2009)
- Bon Appetit: America’s Foodiest Small Town (2008)
- Delta Magazine (2011)
- Duke Magazine: Bull Rising (2012)
Watch Decidedly Durham, a video about the Bull City, and peruse this site to see why we love Durham – and why we think you’ll love it, too.