Articles and Essays
- Golan v. Holder: Copyright in the Image of the First Amendment, 11 John Marshall Review of Intellectual Property 83-132 (2011) (with Risa J. Weaver & Shiveh Roxana Reed)
- Unshackling Speech, 127 Commentary 67-69 (January 2009) (reviewing Brian C. Anderson & Adam D. Thierer, A Manifesto for Media Freedom (2008))
- Comment: Traditional Knowledge, Folklore and the Case for Benign Neglect, in International Public Goods and Transfer of Technology Under a Globalized Intellectual Property Regime 595-598 (Keith E. Maskus & Jerome H. Reichman eds., 2005)
- A Comment on New York Times v. Tasini, 53 Case Western Reserve Law Review 653-57 (2003).
- Reimagining The Public Domain, 66 Law & Contemporary Problems 463-83 (Winter/Spring 2003).
- Students, Music and the Net: A Comment on Peer-To-Peer File Sharing, 2003 Duke Law & Technology Review 0021.
- Poem, Willing The Child To, in In the Shadow Of The Wall (Byron R. Tetrick ed., Cumberland House, 2002) (anthology of short fiction and poetry about the Vietnam War, inspired by the Memorial in Washington, DC.)
- Transformative Critical Appropriation, in Conference on the Public Domain (November 2001) (with Jennifer Anderson).
- Cyberspace and its Discontents: The Future of an Illusion, (April 1999) (published as part of the symposium collection prepared by invitation for Yale Law School Symposium on Internet Policy Choices).
- Bargaining Around the TRIPS Agreement: The Case for Ongoing Public-Private Initiatives to FacilitateWorldwide Intellectual Property Transactions, 9 Duke J. Comp. & Int'l L. 11 (1998) (with Jerome Reichman)
- Foreword: Public-Private Initiatives After TRIPS: Designing a Global Agenda, 9 Duke J. Comp. & Int'l L. 1 (1998).
- Foreword (The Lanham Act After Fifty Years) Law and Contemp. Probs., Spring 1996, at 1.
- The Intellectual Property Clause in Contemporary Trademark Law, Law and Contemp. Probs., Spring 1996, at 213.
- The Road to Camelot: Reflections on the Information Highway, N.C. Law. Weekly, June 10, 1995.
- Vietnam's 1994 Ordinance on Copyright Protection: A Survey and Preliminary Analysis, 3 J. Int. Prop. L. 1 (1995).
- Copyright and the Constitution in the Age of Intellectual Property, 1 Journal of Intellectual Property Law 119-134 (1993)
- At Play in the Fields of the Word: Copyright and the Construction of Authorship in the Post-Literate Millennium, Law & Contemp. Probs., Spring 1992, at 139.
- Sensing the Constitution in Feist, 17 U. Dayton L. Rev. 367 (1992).
- Freedom of Expression: Who Decides What is to be Published?, 1 Ent. L. Rev. 199 (1990).
- Intellectual Property Under the Constitution, Duke L. Mag., Summer 1989, at 15.
- Recognizing the Public Domain, Law & Contemp. Probs., Autumn 1981, at 147.
- Long Delay Hurt McDonald Trial, News & Obs., Sept. 30, 1979, at 5.
- Speech and Press Clauses, 23 U.C.L.A. L. Rev. 77 (1975).
- The Role of the Access Doctrine in the Regulation of the Mass Media: A Critical Review and Assessment, 52 N.C. L. Rev. 1 (1973).
- Nuestra Hernandez: a Mediation on the Ownership of Culture, NYU Symposium (2000) (with others).