- Defensive Medicine and the Use of Medical Technology: Physician Involvement in Medical Malpractice (1994).
- Professional Responsibility Anthology (ed., 1994).
- Summary Juries in the North Carolina State Court System (1991) (with others).
- Legal Ethics: The Law of Professional Responsibility (1989) (with R. Patterson).
- Symposium: Mandatory Arbitration, 67 Law & Contemporary Problems (Winter/Spring 2004)
Articles and Essays
- The Constitution and the Klan: Understanding the Burning Cross in Virginia v. Barry Black, in Civil Rights Stories 347-365 (Myriam E. Gilles & Risa L. Goluboff eds., 2008)
- Following The Script: An Empirical Analysis Of Court-Ordered Mediation Of Medical Malpractice Cases, Journal of Dispute Resolution 101-118 (2007) (with Ralph Peeples & Catherine Harris)
- Who are Those Guys? An Empirical Examination of Medical Malpractice Plaintiffs' Attorneys, 58 SMU Law Review 225-250 (2005) (with Catherine T. Harris & Ralph Peeples)
- Foreword: Mandatory Arbitration, 67 Law & Contemporary Problems 1-3 (Winter/Spring 2004)
- The Process of Managing Medical Malpractice Cases: The Role of the Standard of Care, 37 Wake Forest Law Review 877 (2002) (with Peeples & Harris).
- Settlement has Many Faces: Physicians, Attorneys, and Medical Malpractice, 41 Journal of Health & Social Behavior 333 (2000) (with Peeples & Harris).
- Empirical Perspectives on Mediation and Malpractice, Law & Contemp. Probs, Winter 1997, at 107 (with Ralph A Peeples & Catherine T. Harris).
- The Unrealized Potential of Malpractice Arbitration, 31 Wake Forest L. Rev. 203 (1996).
- Seeing the Trees Within the Forest: Contextualized Ethics Courses as a Strategy for Teaching Legal Ethics, Law and Contemp. Probs., Summer/Autumn 1995, at 227.
- Improving the Summary Jury Trial, 77 Judicature 9 (1993).
- Understanding the Malpractice Wars, 106 Harv. L. Rev. 1169 (1993) (reviewing P. Weiler, Medical Malpractice on Trial (1991)).
- Alternative Dispute Resolution Strategies in Medical Malpractice, 9 Alaska L. Rev. 429 (1992).
- Reconfiguring the Summary Jury Trial, 41 Duke L.J. 806 (1992).
- Resolving Malpractice Disputes: Imaging the Jury's Shadow, Law & Contemp. Probs., Winter 1991, at 43.
- S.1232: A Late Entry in the Race for Malpractice Reform, Law & Contemp. Prob., Spring 1991, at 179 (with Clark C. Havinghurst).
- Researching Litigation: The Medical Malpractice Example, Law & Contemp Probs., Autumn 1988, at 199.
- RICO and the Professionals, 37 Mercer L. Rev. 627 (1986) (with Jeffrey M. Smith).
- The Future of Attorney Advertising and the Interaction Between Marketing and Liability, 37 Mercer L. Rev. 599 (1986) (with Jeffrey M. Smith).
- Overview of Legal Malpractice Law in Illinois, 72 Ill. B.J. 622 (1984) (with Jeffrey M. Smith).
- The Attorney as Advocate: Arguing the Law, 16 Ga. L. Rev. 841 (1982) (with Jeffrey M. Smith).
- Romer v. Evans 517 U.S. 620 (1996), Voices of American Law Video Project, 2008 (Director with Sarah Wood)
- Lynch v. Donnelly 465 U.S. 668 (1994) Distinctive Aspects of American Law Video Project, 2007 (Director with Sarah Wood)
- Distinctive Aspects of American Law Video Project, Kelo v. New London (2006), Lee v. Weisman (2006), Swedenberg v. Kelly (2006), Van Orden v. Perry (2006) (Director with Sarah Wood & Todd Shoemaker, videographer)