Duke Law SJD candidate Giancarlo Frosio, from Turin, Italy, defended his dissertation on Monday, Dec. 3, 2012. A 2006 graduate of Duke's LLM program, Frosio is the assistant director of the Master Program (LLM) in Intellectual Property Law jointly offered by the World Intellectual Property Organization Academy and the University of Turin. Frosio's dissertation, titled “Cumulative Creativity – From the Oral Formulaic Tradition to Digital Remix,” was delivered before his supervising committee consisting of Duke Law Professors Jerome Reichman, James Boyle, and David Lange, as well as Professor Luca Ostiliio Ricolfi of the Università di Torino and Professor Ruth Okediji of the University of Minnesota Law School participating by conference call. Also in attendance were several Duke Law SJD students and candidates, who joined in toasting Frosio after his presentation.
Bravo! A dissertation delivered - Dec. 3, 2012
- ESQ Career Symposium - Jan. 31, 2014
- Fifth Annual International Alumni and Student Dinner – Jan. 23, 2014
- Dedicated to Durham - Jan. 20, 2014
- Lives in the Law with Larry Thompson - Jan. 14, 2014
- Fundamental Issues for Early-Stage Companies: Start-Up Ventures Clinic students give presentations for entrepreneurs at American Underground – Nov. 21, 2013