The Pre-Graduation Fair is a great opportunity to ask graduation-related questions and check several items off your graduation “to do” list. All graduating students should attend. Representatives from the Offices of Student Affairs, the Career and Professional Development Center and a representative for the Class of 2014 Class Gift will be present. The Fair will be held Wednesday, February 26 from 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. in the Star Commons. At the Pre-Graduation Fair, you will be able to:
- Get information about how to order your regalia
- Pick up your complimentary invitations for the Hooding Ceremony
- Receive information on Justin Miller Awards & the LLM Award for Leadership & Community Participation
- Receive information on graduation week events
- Inform the Career and Professional Development Center where you will be working next year
- Pick up an order envelope for the class picture
Have your family book their hotel rooms as early as possible. Where to stay
Many families choose to make dinner reservations for Saturday evening following the Hooding Ceremony. As the Hooding Ceremony begins at 5:30 p.m., it is recommended you make your reservations no earlier than 8:00 p.m.
Invitations & Announcements
- The Law School provides each student with four complimentary invitations to the Hooding Ceremony (although there is no limit to the number of people who may attend). You may pick up these invitations at the Pre-Graduation Fair. After the Pre-Graduation Fair, invitations will be available in the Office of Student Affairs (Room 2007).
- Custom graduation announcements and/or class rings may be ordered through Jostens.
- The Class Photo will be taken on the front lawn on April 1st, rain date April 2nd. Smaller group shots will also be taken of JD, International LLM, and LLMLE students. Please wear a dark suit for the shoot.
- Ordering Photos: Envelopes/order forms will be distributed at the pre-graduation fair. Please fill out the envelope, enclose payment, and bring it to the shoot. Within a month of the shoot, Student Affairs will set up a day and time to distribute the photos at the Law School (to be announced in the Duke Law Daily). Any photos not picked up at the specified time will be available in the Office of Student Affairs (Room 2007). To order pictures at a later date, contact Photo Specialties directly (800-722-7033).
- You must confirm in ACES, the way in which you want your name to appear on your diploma. This must be done by February 28.
- All incompletes, missing grades and other issues relating to your graduation requirements must be resolved by May 2. It is your responsibility to work with the relevant faculty, the Office of Student Affairs, or the Registrar’s Office to resolve any outstanding issues before May 2 to prevent your graduation from being delayed until September 2014.
- All spring semester coursework must be complete and turned in to your professors no later than May 2.
- You may pick up your diploma(s) at the Law School on Sunday, May 11 between 11:30 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. If you do not receive your diploma on Sunday, it may be picked up in the Registrar’s Office during normal business hours the following week. Any diplomas not distributed by Friday, May 16 will be mailed to the address on file in ACES.