Data Sources: Crime & Justice
- ABA: Links to Statistical Reports
Links to statistics and research about lawyers and the legal profession, conducted by the American Bar Association.
- Bureau of Justice Statistics Home page
Statistics about crime, victims, drugs, criminal offenders, the justice system in the United States, law enforcement, prosecution, courts and sentencing, corrections, justice expenditure and employment. Click on "Data" on the right side of the screen to access datasets produced by the Justice Department.
- Bureau of Justice Statistics: Pretrial Release of Felony Defendants in State Courts
Data from a report on pre-trial release of defendants; sample includes defendants from state courts from 1990 - 2004.
- Bureau of Justice Statistics Publications
The list of publications from the Bureau of Justice Statistics; publications are sorted alphabetically.
- Bureau of Prisons
Current data on the Federal prison population.
- Child Abuse: Statistics, Research, and Resources
Statistics and Data on child abuse in the U.S.
- Data on Juvenile Crime and Criminals
Site contains information on juvenile offending, victimization of juveniles, and involvement of youth in the juvenile justice system.
- DEA, Stats & Facts
Data, statistics, and facts from the Drug Enforcement Agency, about drug arrests, seizures, and type of drug arrests.
- European Sourcebook of Crime and Criminal Justice
Data on crime and criminal activity in Europe; data is not up to date.
- FBI: Uniform Crime Reports
Uniform Crime Reports from the FBI on Crime in the U.S., hate crimes, assaults and killings of law enforcement officers, and a variety of special studies.
- Federal Justice Statistics Resource Center
An online source for data from the Bureau of Justice Statistics. Users must register to download archival data (Click on "Download Data" on the right side of the screen).
- Federal Sentencing Statistics
Data on Federal Sentencing Statistics, including data on plea and conviction rates. Reports are broken down by year, state, and , in some cases, area of state.
FedStats provides easy access to statistics and information produced by more than 100 U.S. Federal Government agencies.
- Homicide in Chicago 1870-1930
Website details the history of homicide in Chicago, 1870-1930, based on CPD homicide records and featuring an interactive database of over 11,000 homicide cases.
- Justice Research and Statistics Association
Data from the criminal justice watchdog organization, JRSA.
- LII: U.S. Code: Home
A free online source for U.S. Code; searchable by title, specific sections, and a variety of other items.
- National Archive of Criminal Justice Data
ICPSR's online resource of criminal justice data. Includes access to survey data, data from the federal government, and special project data.
- National Criminal Justice Reference Service
The National Criminal Justice Reference Service (NCJRS) is a federally funded resource offering justice, substance abuse, and victim assistance information to support research, policy, and program development worldwide.
- Office for Victims of Crime - Publications
Publications and data on a variety of subjects relating to victims of crime.
- Prison and Incarceration Rates
An interactive source which details rates of incarceration in U.S. States.
- Sourcebook of Criminal Justice Statistics
An online resource that has combined multiple sources to create a single data source with information on a variety of criminal, justice, and courts factors.
- U.S. Bomb Data Center
Data on arson and explosives.
Last updated 11/18/2010 kk/jb