- American Bar Association: The ABA's site includes the current ABA Journal, selected section publications and newsletters, lists of ABA hosted e-mail discussion lists, CLE, and products and services for the law community.
- North Carolina Bar Association: NCBA provides organization and committee information, CLE, calendar, ethics opinions, and links to other bar and legal associations. Current law students may join the NCBA for free; membership includes full access to the Casemaker service. (Note that law students also have access to Casemaker through CasemakerX by registering with a Duke email address.)
- Findlaw Law Associations: Links to local, state, national and international bar and legal associations.
Law Firms And Lawyers
- Directories of Lawyers Research Guide: Resources from the J. Michael Goodson Law Library.
- Martindale.com: Online access to the Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory with biographical information on attorneys. Search by name, firm, area of practice, location or language using forms. Separate lists for US government lawyers (in Washington, D.C.) and corporate counsel.
- Findlaw Lawyer Directory - Search for attorneys by name, office, location, practice area and by keyword. Entries contain name, firm, address, phone and type of practice.
- Hieros Gamos - Self listing database of law firms, experts, alternative dispute resolution professionals, etc. Many international listings.
- Legal Ethics Research Guide: Resources from the J. Michael Goodson Law Library.
- Legalethics.com: Collection of links to legal ethics resources available on the Web. Ethics rules and opinions, state bar discipline and articles.
Last updated 12/2010 jlb