- American Bar Association: The ABA's site includes the current ABA Journal, selected section publications and newsletters, lists of ABA hosted e-mail discussion lists, CLE, and products and services for the law community.
- North Carolina Bar Association: NCBA provides organization and committee information, CLE, calendar, ethics opinions, and links to other bar and legal associations. Current law students may join the NCBA for free; membership includes full access to the FastCase research service.
- State and Local Bar Associations: Links to websites and contact information for state and local bar associations, from the ABA website.
- ABA Approved Law Schools: also includes list by state, public and private schools.
- Findlaw Law Schools Page: includes lists from A-Z or by state.
- Law School Admission Council: LSAC administers the LSAT (Law School Admission Test) four times per year, and provides study resources and information about the law school application process.
- U.S. ABA Approved Law Schools (Google Maps): interactive map of currently-approved law schools.
- U.S. News & World Report Law School Rankings: The magazine's annual graduate school rankings list includes influential evaluations of U.S. law schools.
Law Firms And Lawyers
- Directories of Lawyers Research Guide: Resources from the J. Michael Goodson Law Library.
- Martindale.com: Online access to the Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory with biographical information on attorneys. Search by name, firm, area of practice, location or language using forms. Separate lists for US government lawyers (in Washington, D.C.) and corporate counsel.
- Findlaw Lawyer Directory: Search for attorneys by name, office, location, practice area and by keyword. Entries contain name, firm, address, phone and type of practice.
- Hieros Gamos: Self-listing database of law firms, experts, alternative dispute resolution professionals, etc. Many international listings.
- Legal Ethics Research Guide: Resources from the J. Michael Goodson Law Library.
- Legalethics.com: Collection of links to legal ethics resources available on the Web. Ethics rules and opinions, state bar discipline and articles. Infrequent updates in recent years.
Last updated 09/2013 mpm