The Goodson Law Library welcomes our incoming J.D. students! The materials on this page will help orient you to the library and its services. Check back in early August for additional resources, and links to sign up for library tours during the first week of classes.
- Where to Begin: Quick guide to library services and collections.
- Orientation Tour Sign-up: Sign up for a brief (30-minute) tour of the Goodson Law Library during LEAD week breaks or the first week of classes. (Summer starters who attended the library & technology orientation in May do not need to sign up for another tour, but you are welcome if you would like to tour again.)
- Practicing Professionalism in the Goodson Law Library: Important notes about standards and policies in the library, including use of carrels, quiet study zones, and security.
- Law School Success: Want an edge in the competitive game of managing course loads and taking exams? Check out our recommended books on the law school experience, studying and exam preparation.
- First-Year Treatises: Listing of study aids available in the library for all 1L courses.