The following free websites offer one-stop access to legal and governmental resources.
- Cornell Legal Information Institute: Directory of law related links by topic and jurisdiction and developments. LII is a pioneer in value-added texts, and includes the full text of Supreme Court opinions and the US Code.
- FDsys: The official online repository of the U.S. Government Printing Office contains searchable and browseable archives of federal government publications.
- FindLaw: A massive legal web portal with links to legal materials on everything from court opinions to legal forms, practice areas and news. Includes law-focused searching of the Web.
- Guide to Law Online: Project of the Law Library of Congress that provides well-selected links to worldwide sources of information on law and government.
- Internet Legal Resource Guide: A categorized index of more than 4000 select web sites plus local content with a law student focus. Also includes course outlines, study abroad and links to legal forms.
- Jurist: Subtitled "The Legal Education Network", an expansive legal education portal for the academic community with topical, news and legal instruction sources.
- LLRX: Legal research portal with detailed research guides on a variety of legal topics, and articles on legal and technology-related issues. Also includes some court rules, forms, and dockets.
- USA.gov: The federal government's web portal includes links to courts, agencies, and legal materials.
- Washlaw on the Web: Guide to legal information on the web by topic and jurisdiction from Washburn University School of Law.
Last updated 09/2013 mpm