The Goodson Law Library welcomes our new summer starters! The materials on this page will help orient you to the library and its services.
- Where to Begin: Quick guide to library services and collections.
- Law School Success: Want an edge in the competitive game of managing course loads and taking exams? Check out our recommended books on the law school experience, studying and exam preparation.
- First-Year Treatises: Listing of study aids available in the library for all 1L courses, including your summer classes.
- Practicing Professionalism in the Goodson Law Library: Important notes about standards and policies in the library, including use of carrels, quiet study zones, and security.
Looking for Computing Orientation?
The Goodson Law Library comprises one-half of Duke Law School Information Services (DLSIS). For computing orientation material from our sister department, Academic Technologies, visit http://law.duke.edu/actech/orientation/.
- The Goodson Blogson: Announcements, legal news, and the latest research links.
- Library Facebook Page: News, research links, live help, and occasional prize giveaways for fans!
- Maps & Locations: Quick guide to navigating the library, including printable maps.
- Research Help: Frequently-asked questions about finding materials in the library and online.