In the News
Dunlap comments on ISIS
- Politico: Dunlap on anti-militant strategy: Bomb ISIL
- WRAL: ISIS represents a threat "that will be very difficult to negotiate away"
- USA Today: Dunlap comments on the "big business" of kidnapping westerners in the Middle East
- US News & World Report: Dunlap: Foley execution could build U.S. appetite for aggressive response
- Voice of America: Dunlap discusses Western anti-ISIL resolve in wake of increased violence and video showing execution of American
- LA Times: Dunlap says execution video may harden Western political will to increase military action against ISIS
- Yahoo News: Dunlap: National Guard should only support peacekeeping in Ferguson or risk erosion of respect, affection for military
- France24: Video: Dunlap discusses U.S. aid to Kurdish fighters combating ISIS in Iraq
Dunlap is a retired Air Force major general, professor of the practice, and executive director of Duke's Center on Law, Ethics and National Security. His teaching and scholarly writing focus on national security, international law, civil-military relations, cyberwar, and military justice.