- On Feb. 29, 2008, Carolyn McAllaster presented a workshop, “Advance Directives, Adult Guardianship, Permanency Planning,” for North Carolina Pediatric HIV Social Workers in Wilmington, N.C.
- Carolyn McAllaster presented a workshop in Durham, N.C. on “Legal Issues in HIV” for the 2008 Community Forum on HIV sponsored by the Duke and UNC Infectious Diseases Clinics on March 19, 2008.
- On April 3, 2008, Professor McAllaster conducted a workshop for the Duke Additions Program on “Disability, SSI, Medicaid, Medicare” in Durham, N.C. On Sept. 25, 2008, McAllaster conducted a workshop on “Confidentiality and the Law” for the same program.
- Allison Rice was a presenter at the 2008 Annual Client Conference of New Hanover Memorial Hospital on the topic of “Planning for the Future,” in Wilmington, N.C. on April 25, 2008.
- On May 22, 2008 and again on Nov. 6, 2008, Carolyn McAllaster presented a workshop, “Legal Needs of HIV-Infected Clients,” for Duke Infectious Diseases Clinic HIV peer mediators, at the Avila Retreat Center in Durham, N.C.
- Allison Rice was a presenter at the HIV/STD State-wide Conference sponsored by the North Carolina HIV/STD Prevention & Care Branch on the topic of “Confidentiality: A Patient’s Right to Privacy,” in New Bern, N.C. on Aug. 15, 2008.
- Professor McAllaster participated in a panel discussion at the N.C. Association of Women Attorneys 2008 Annual Conference on “The Role of Women Attorneys in Improving the Administration of Justice,” in Asheville, N.C. on Oct. 4, 2008.
- On Oct. 10, 2008, Carolyn McAllaster presented at a conference in Fayetteville, N.C., “Taking Control of the Silent Epidemics,” on the topic of “Discrimination, Confidentiality and the Law.”
- Carolyn McAllaster co-authored a chapter entitled, “Issues in Family Law for People with HIV,” in AIDS and the Law, 4th ed., co-authored with Jeffrey Selbin and Carol Suzuki, Aspen Publishers, Inc. (2008)
2008 Presentations, Education, and Scholarship
Drake JD/MBA '14 discusses dual degree
Tipping the Scales
Students give thanks to donors during Thank-a-thon
A group of 12 students gathered on Tuesday, Nov. 19, to write thank you notes to Law School alumni and friends as part of the autumn Thank-a-thon.