Lately, I am pounced on by a hungry cat! I just adopted her from the Siamese Rescue.
2. What is your title and what does your job entail?
I am a Reference Librarian and Lecturing Fellow, which describes the two most visible aspects of my job: helping library users locate information and teaching legal research in the LARW program for both JD and LLM students.
Behind the scenes, I help to build the library’s collection, work with Law School faculty on their research needs, and provide specialized training as needed to research assistants, law journals, and Law School staff. I also coordinate the library’s website, blog, and Facebook page.
3. Where is your favorite place to go in the Triangle Area?
You’re most likely to spot me watching bands at either the Cat’s Cradle in Carrboro or Local 506 in Chapel Hill. The Carolina Theatre in Durham also books some good concerts, in addition to being a nice place to see movies.
4. What are the first five songs on your favorite iPod playlist?
I tend not to make playlists, so I just shuffled my iTunes library in the office and the first five songs that played were:
1. The Knife, “Heartbeats”
2. Ivy, “You Don’t Know Anything”
3. Björk, “Börnin Vid Tjörnina”
4. Neko Case, “Loretta”
5. The Hold Steady, “Multitude of Casualties”
5. You’ve been given the ability to possess one supernatural power. Which one would you choose and why?
The ability to pick up a seven-ten split! I’m currently a defending champion in the Duke Law bowling league and we need to bring our A game this semester.