A native of Durham, Briana credits luck and an unshakeable interest in law, in bringing her to Duke. As an academic assistant, she currently supports nine professors and serves as the coordinator for the Center on Law, Race and Politics.
1. What is your favorite TV show and why?
30 Rock. Nerd fun.
2. What are the three most-played songs in your music library?
- Canvas –Robert Glasper
- Everything in its Right Place - Radiohead
- Wildfire – SBTRKT
3. What’s the most recent book you read, and what did you think?
1Q84 by Haruki Murakami. I thought it was amazing, and I usually despise love stories.
4. What is your favorite Durham restaurant and why?
KoKyu, food truck. I can get a couple of tacos and tater tots fried in duck fat for cheap and either catch a show, hang out at Motorco or walk over to Fullsteam brewery to play ping pong and enjoy beverages with my friends .
5. Tell us something about yourself that otherwise we wouldn't know or guess.
I cried when I saw Prince in concert.