James B. Maxwell a member with Maxwell, Freeman & Bowman in Durham, has received the 2007 Dr. I. Beverly Lake Public Service Award from the North Carolina Bar Association. The award is given annually to an outstanding attorney who has performed exemplary public service in his/her community.
James B. Maxwell '66 Receives Public Service Award
- Teachout '99 discusses why she's running to be governor of New York Salon
- Tucker '04 establishes fund giving scholarships to social entrepreneurs and students working on social mobility issues Duke Forward
- Ferland '74 awarded Outstanding Disabled Veteran of the Year Disabled American Veterans
- Duke Law launches Civil Justice Clinic in collaboration with Legal Aid of North Carolina
- Duke Law co-hosts inaugural Financial Law Forum in Shanghai