The North Carolina General Assembly passed several bills this term that add protections for public school students and students with disabilities. Clinical Professor Jane Wettach testified at the House Select Committee on Education of Students with Disabilities when these bills were being considered. House Bills 14 and 20 establish standards for education when a disabled student is in a home setting; House Bill 1739 provides certain rights for suspended students that will allow them to maintain access to their school work. Texts of the bills can be found at http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/. Several other education bills are still pending.
Clinical Professor Jane Wettach testifies before the House Select Committee on Education of Students with Disabilities
- Appellate Litigation Clinic team achieves victory for client in Third Circuit appeal
- Siegel examines legal challenges to the ACA and " the limits of reasonable legal disagreement" Balkinization
- Longest comments on Pennsylvania firm's fracking foray into Triangle: "I wouldn’t advise anybody to sign this lease" Durham Herald-Sun
- Siegel discusses implications of appellate court rulings on Affordable Care Act The State of Things
- Miller comments on corporate personhood in the wake of Supreme Court's Hobby Lobby decision New York Times Magazine