The North Carolina General Assembly passed several bills this term that add protections for public school students and students with disabilities. Clinical Professor Jane Wettach testified at the House Select Committee on Education of Students with Disabilities when these bills were being considered. House Bills 14 and 20 establish standards for education when a disabled student is in a home setting; House Bill 1739 provides certain rights for suspended students that will allow them to maintain access to their school work. Texts of the bills can be found at http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/. Several other education bills are still pending.
Clinical Professor Jane Wettach testifies before the House Select Committee on Education of Students with Disabilities
- Purdy examines "the age of humans" Aeon
- Cox comments on reports of HSBC noncompliance in deferred prosecution for money laundering and terrorist ties Bloomberg
- Schwarcz files amicus in controversial securities case Ace Securities Corp. v. DB Structured Products, Inc.
- Dunlap comments on charges against accused U.S. Army deserter held captive by Taliban Christian Science Monitor
- Jenkins on "Blurred Lines" verdict: "If you love music, this decision should be deeply troubling" Center for the Study of the Public Domain