The North Carolina General Assembly passed several bills this term that add protections for public school students and students with disabilities. Clinical Professor Jane Wettach testified at the House Select Committee on Education of Students with Disabilities when these bills were being considered. House Bills 14 and 20 establish standards for education when a disabled student is in a home setting; House Bill 1739 provides certain rights for suspended students that will allow them to maintain access to their school work. Texts of the bills can be found at http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/. Several other education bills are still pending.
- Dunlap discusses U.S. drone policy Duke Today
- Kaufman '85 dedicated career to public service Broadcasting and Cable
- Lathrop comments on Russian bid to extend arctic continental shelf RIA Novosti
- Longest says Alcoa case outcome will affect drinking water supply of millions of North Carolinians News & Observer
- Analysis from Center for Judicial Studies shows multidistrict litigation occupying a large portion of federal civil docket National Law Journal