The North Carolina General Assembly passed several bills this term that add protections for public school students and students with disabilities. Clinical Professor Jane Wettach testified at the House Select Committee on Education of Students with Disabilities when these bills were being considered. House Bills 14 and 20 establish standards for education when a disabled student is in a home setting; House Bill 1739 provides certain rights for suspended students that will allow them to maintain access to their school work. Texts of the bills can be found at http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/. Several other education bills are still pending.
Clinical Professor Jane Wettach testifies before the House Select Committee on Education of Students with Disabilities
- Renovations to Duke Law building to begin week of April 21
- Duke flags lowered: Trustee Emerita Margaret Harris '40 led trailblazing professional and civic life Duke Today
- Duke Bar Association bestows 2014 D.O.N.E. Awards on students, faculty, organizations
- Bowling predicts future of unionized college football Talent Management
- Law Alumni Association awards faculty and alumni for accomplishments and service 2014 Alumni Awards