The North Carolina General Assembly passed several bills this term that add protections for public school students and students with disabilities. Clinical Professor Jane Wettach testified at the House Select Committee on Education of Students with Disabilities when these bills were being considered. House Bills 14 and 20 establish standards for education when a disabled student is in a home setting; House Bill 1739 provides certain rights for suspended students that will allow them to maintain access to their school work. Texts of the bills can be found at http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/. Several other education bills are still pending.
Clinical Professor Jane Wettach testifies before the House Select Committee on Education of Students with Disabilities
- Huckerby: History provides important lessons for assessing the role of women in countering violent extremism Just Security
- Haagen comments on federal judge's reversal of Adrian Peterson NFL suspension Bloomberg Business
- Siegel analyzes competing interpretations of U.S. v. Windsor Balkinization
- Dodson '00 discusses "The Legacy of Ruth Bader Ginsburg" Hamilton and Griffin on Rights
- Longest: N.C. needs to stay on green energy path News & Observer