The North Carolina General Assembly passed several bills this term that add protections for public school students and students with disabilities. Clinical Professor Jane Wettach testified at the House Select Committee on Education of Students with Disabilities when these bills were being considered. House Bills 14 and 20 establish standards for education when a disabled student is in a home setting; House Bill 1739 provides certain rights for suspended students that will allow them to maintain access to their school work. Texts of the bills can be found at http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/. Several other education bills are still pending.
Clinical Professor Jane Wettach testifies before the House Select Committee on Education of Students with Disabilities
- Watch: Duke Law events address civil rights, from Ferguson to the Voting Rights Act Duke Law YouTube
- Teachout ’99 guests on The Daily Show Sept. 17 The Daily Show
- Watch live | Does Congress Take the Constitution Seriously? A Constitution Day Conversation at 12:30 pm Duke Law YouTube
- Thekkekandam '10 urges budding entrepreneurs to take risks Duke Chronicle
- Center for Innovation Policy hosts symposium on broadband network regulation, Oct. 17