The North Carolina General Assembly passed several bills this term that add protections for public school students and students with disabilities. Clinical Professor Jane Wettach testified at the House Select Committee on Education of Students with Disabilities when these bills were being considered. House Bills 14 and 20 establish standards for education when a disabled student is in a home setting; House Bill 1739 provides certain rights for suspended students that will allow them to maintain access to their school work. Texts of the bills can be found at http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/. Several other education bills are still pending.
Clinical Professor Jane Wettach testifies before the House Select Committee on Education of Students with Disabilities
- Longest on Alcoa Yadkin river cleanup: "If the polluter doesn’t pay, then all the rest of us do" Southern Investigative Reporting Foundation
- Teachout '99 discusses money in politics The Nightly Show with Larry Wilmore
- Heilbronner '91 launches accellerator program for women-led startups Denver Post
- Huckerby: Women are "re-branding ISIS as less of a terror group and more of a state building exercise" Agence France-Presse
- DeMott examines corporate bylaws that affect shareholders' litigation rights HLS Forum on Corp. Governance and Financial Regulation