The North Carolina General Assembly passed several bills this term that add protections for public school students and students with disabilities. Clinical Professor Jane Wettach testified at the House Select Committee on Education of Students with Disabilities when these bills were being considered. House Bills 14 and 20 establish standards for education when a disabled student is in a home setting; House Bill 1739 provides certain rights for suspended students that will allow them to maintain access to their school work. Texts of the bills can be found at http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/. Several other education bills are still pending.
Clinical Professor Jane Wettach testifies before the House Select Committee on Education of Students with Disabilities
- Linnartz: In border crisis, America should hew to its better self News & Observer
- Vidmar: Jury in $23 billion tobacco case tried to "translate something for which there is no true metric" Associated Press
- Miller comments on corporate personhood in the wake of Supreme Court's Hobby Lobby decision New York Times Magazine
- Dunlap reviews Iraq war memoir of former Defense Secretary Gates Lawfare
- Wettach blogs about alternatives to school suspension Youth Justice North Carolina