The North Carolina General Assembly passed several bills this term that add protections for public school students and students with disabilities. Clinical Professor Jane Wettach testified at the House Select Committee on Education of Students with Disabilities when these bills were being considered. House Bills 14 and 20 establish standards for education when a disabled student is in a home setting; House Bill 1739 provides certain rights for suspended students that will allow them to maintain access to their school work. Texts of the bills can be found at http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/. Several other education bills are still pending.
Clinical Professor Jane Wettach testifies before the House Select Committee on Education of Students with Disabilities
- Longest comments on federal judge's decision to move forward with Alcoa trial Winston-Salem Journal
- Schroeder on Obama immigration order: "I don't think the president is trampling the Constitution or overreaching" Newsday
- Dellinger: On immigration, “The president is not acting unilaterally, but pursuant to his statutory authority” Slate
- Duke Law Center for Judicial Studies to assume publication of Judicature
- Schroeder explains legal rationale for constitutionality of executive action on deportation relief Huffington Post