The Crape Myrtle Festival presented the Duke AIDS Legal Project (DALP) with a check for $5,000 in support of DALP’s legal and policy work on behalf of HIV positive persons in North Carolina. The Crape Myrtle Festival supports organizations that address HIV/AIDS and additional health needs found within the gay, lesbian, and transgender communities. The Festival announced its 2013 beneficiaries at its annual Harvest Tea on November 3, 2013 in Raleigh. Carolyn McAllaster, director of DALP, expressed her appreciation for the festival’s long-standing support of DALP’s work.
Crape Myrtle Festival announces grant for Duke AIDS Legal Project
- Dellinger: On immigration, “The president is not acting unilaterally, but pursuant to his statutory authority” Slate
- Schroeder on Obama immigration order: "I don't think the president is trampling the Constitution or overreaching" Newsday
- Duke Law Center for Judicial Studies to assume publication of Judicature
- Schroeder explains legal rationale for constitutionality of executive action on deportation relief Huffington Post
- Haagen comments on NFL player's appeal of season-long suspension over child abuse charges Bloomberg