The Crape Myrtle Festival presented the Duke AIDS Legal Project (DALP) with a check for $5,000 in support of DALP’s legal and policy work on behalf of HIV positive persons in North Carolina. The Crape Myrtle Festival supports organizations that address HIV/AIDS and additional health needs found within the gay, lesbian, and transgender communities. The Festival announced its 2013 beneficiaries at its annual Harvest Tea on November 3, 2013 in Raleigh. Carolyn McAllaster, director of DALP, expressed her appreciation for the festival’s long-standing support of DALP’s work.
Crape Myrtle Festival announces grant for Duke AIDS Legal Project
- Miller comments on corporate personhood in the wake of Supreme Court's Hobby Lobby decision New York Times Magazine
- Linnartz: In border crisis, America should hew to its better self News & Observer
- Vidmar: Jury in $23 billion tobacco case tried to "translate something for which there is no true metric" Associated Press
- Vidmar comments on $23 billion verdict in tobacco trial CNBC
- Dunlap reviews Iraq war memoir of former Defense Secretary Gates Lawfare