The Star Commons area is a gathering place for members of the Duke Law School community as well as the main dining area for the Law School Refectory Café. The Star Commons may be reserved on a limited basis with the following restrictions:
- Event MUST be approved by the Events Office
- Event MUST be open to everyone in the Duke Law Community
- Event MUST be scheduled after the Café’s operating hours (3 p.m. or later start time for event)
- Event MUST use an Event Office approved caterer
- Event MUST NOT require removal of the existing furniture
- Event MUST NOT move existing furniture without pre-approval from Events Office
- Event MUST schedule housekeeping services through Event Manager Questionnaire if furniture relocation is requested
Exceptions will be made for Law School functions such as Leadership Weekend, Admitted Students Weekend, Reunion Weekend, and others at the discretion of the Events Office and the Office of the Dean.
If you have questions regarding the Star Commons usage policy, please contact the Events Office at 919-613-8548 or email@example.com.