1. Hometown, college, law school: Born in Chicago, A.B. University of Chicago, JD University of Chicago. There's a pattern emerging, but it doesn't explain what I'm doing here.
2. During my free time, I love to: Play tennis, watch Duke basketball, spend time with my kids doing whatever they want to do (because that's the only basis on which they tolerate my presence).
3. Pick one: top three favorite musicians/bands; favorite non-law read; one TV show I never miss. I don't have good answers to any of these, but maybe bad answers to all of them will do. I like mostly chamber music and opera, but don't have particular favorites among performers. I like the novels of David Lodge. I don't watch much TV, but I try to catch the away Duke basketball games, and I occasionally see (and enjoy) Two-and-a-Half Men.
4. Favorite law school memory: As Steven Tyler said on a guest shot on Two-and-a-Half Men: There's a lot I don't remember from the 70s.
5. Favorite Durham restaurant or activity: Magnolia Grill, a star from its beginning, and still satisfying every trip. And the Durham Bulls--high-quality baseball at a fraction of the big-league market price.