1. Hometown, college, law school: I am a proud native of Buffalo, New York and get back a half-dozen times a year (including a couple of trips to watch the Buffalo Bills). I went to Yale College and still have great memories of New Haven (Pepe's Pizza is the best). I then went to Harvard Law School.
2. During my free time, I love to: Most folks know that I like to bowl (and am proud that the faculty team won the Duke Law league this year). My main sport however is tennis and I like to play as often as I can. I love to travel especially if it includes hiking (which I've done regularly in Switzerland, and on trips to Kenya, the Grand Canyon, etc.).
3. Pick one: top three favorite musicians/bands; favorite non-law read; one TV show I never miss: Music favorites include Emmylou Harris, the Dixie Chicks (they need to get back together), and Sarah McLachlan; most recently have been reading CJ Box novels and Nevada Barr books (both about murder mysteries in national parks); on TV, it is mainly sports (Duke hoops) but we are big fans of The Office -- who doesn't love Dwight Schrute!
4. Favorite law school memory: Oddly enough, I really liked exam period. It was really challenging of course, but studying in groups, pulling things together, and then getting it finished (usually successfully) provided a great sense of accomplishments. Also, during the spring, I would go to every Red Sox game during exam period (as a reward for studying during the day). I remain a Sox fan to this day.
5. Favorite Durham restaurant or activity: I really love Durham and have always lived in the city since moving here in 1985. Certainly, one of my favorites (and I see lots of Duke Law people there) is the Q Shack. I'm a bit of a barbeque afficionado and this place is really good! We are also big fans of Nana's (just next door to the Q) and usually eat in the bar area. There are so many good places downtown now.