LL.M. (cum laude), University of London, 2005 (scholarship from the European Commission)
Intellectual Property Rights and Policy, including Copyright Law, Patent Law, Trademark Law, and Unfair Competition, Internet, Net Neutrality, ISP Liability, and Data Privacy. International Intellectual Property Law and Policy. Access to Knowledge. Copyright Law reform, and Patent Law reform, with a focus in, but not limited to, Brazil.
S.J.D. Candidate '14
Brazil's Copyright Reform: Tropicália 3.0?
Prof. Jerome Reichman (Supervisor)
Prof. Laurence Helfer (Reader)
Prof. James Boyle (Reader)
Prof. Ruth Okediji – University of Minnesota Law School (Reader)
Prof. David Lange (Reader)
Academic Appointments and Fellowships
- Advisor to the ruling Workers Party at the Brazilian House of Representatives, for Internet, copyright, patents, data privacy, cybercrime, and related matters (2012-present).
- Lecturer of IP & Internet Law, Post-Graduate School, Fundação Getulio Vargas (FGV), Brazil, 2010 – present
- Invited Instructor, Duke University School of Law, 2011
- Policy & Legal Expert on IP & Internet Law, Fundação Getulio Vargas (FGV), Brazil, 2005-2009
- Assistant Professor of IP & Internet Law, Fundação Getulio Vargas (FGV), Brazil, 2005-2010
- Program Manager, A2K (Access to Knowledge) Brasil, at the Center for Technology & Society (CTS), Fundação Getulio Vargas (FGV), Brazil, 2005-2009
- Executive-Academic Director of the Distance Learning Law Program at FGV Online, Brazil, 2005-2009
- Executive-Academic Coordinator of the IP Programe, Fundação Getulio Vargas (FGV), GVlaw Post-Graduate School, São Paulo, Brazil, 2004
- Program Manager, Patents and Access to Medicines, International Trade and Sustainable Development Institute (fellow of Médecins Sans Frontières - MSF), Sao Paulo, Brazil, 2003-2004
- IP Lawyer, Gusmao & Labrunie, Sao Paulo, Brazil, 2001-2003
- Speaker at Brazil’s Supreme Court, and Senate, Yale, UCLA, University of Georgia, UNESCO, UNCTAD, WIPO, amongst others.
"Direitos Autorais" (Copyrights), with Sergio Branco, ed. FGV, 2009, in Brazilian Portuguese. Available at Google Books
“Patentes e Invenções Industriais" (Patents and Industrial Inventions), with Renata Reis, ed. FGV, 2009, in Brazilian Portuguese