News & Events for Faculty
View the calendar
October 20, 2014
- Oct 20 8:00 AM • Law School 4172
- Oct 20 12:30 PM • Law School 4042
- Oct 20 12:30 PM • Law School 3043
- Oct 20 12:30 PM • Law School 4040
- Oct 20 6:00 PM • Law School 3043
There are no new announcements today.
Suggest a Tech Tip
Today's Tech Tip
There are no new tech tips today.
There are no new RA listings today.
There are no new bulletin board items today.
Riar and Hurra, from countries with many similarities but a history of conflict, combined two recipes into one delicious "Peace Dessert".
Duke Law News
- Duke Law and the 2014-2015 Supreme Court term
- Siegel: Supreme Court ruling should clear path for same-sex marriage in N.C. News & Observer
- Cox: AIG's Greenberg "established a culture of greed and risk-taking" Washington Post
- Register now for Wintersession 2015
- Postcards from the practice: Stanback interns reflect on summer work in environmental advocacy
Faculty in the News
- Watch: Farahany examines legal and ethical implications of cognitive liberty Duke Forward
- Longest analyzes arguments in Supreme Court case involving tri-state dispute about jurisdiction over river flow SCOTUSblog
- McAllaster highlighted for work on behalf of women in the law National Law Journal
- Kaufman calls on international community to help democracy flourish in Ukraine The Hill
- Dunlap says ISIL wants "to generate reprisals that will lead to more recruits for them" Future Intelligence
- Taisu Zhang
Do Kinship Networks Strengthen Private Property? Evidence from Rural China, 12 Journal of Empirical Legal Studies (forthcoming) (with Xiaoxue Zhao)
- Gregg Patrick Strauss
Why the State Cannot Simply Abolish Marriage, 90 Indiana Law Journal (forthcoming)
- Steven L. Schwarcz
The Functional Regulation of Finance (May 19, 2014)
- Maj. Gen. Charles J. Dunlap, Jr., USAF (Ret.)
Still Shortchanged: Some Observations About the New Army/Marine Corps COIN Doctrine, Small Wars Journal (May 18, 2012)
- Mitu Gulati
From Pigs to Hogs (May 7, 2014) (with Stephen J. Choi)
- Professor Purdy delivered “After Nature,” a special cross-school address sponsored by Michigan Law School, University of Michigan. (April 01, 2014)
- Professor Adler gave a Meador Lecture at the University of Alabama. The theme of the lecture series was equality. (April 14, 2014) » Listen to the podcast
- Professor Blocher presented, "From Dodge City to First Street: A Case Study in the Use of Tradition to Create, Define and Regulate a Constitutional Right," at the conference on "The Role of Custom, Convention and the Tradition in U.S. Constitutional Law," at Duke University School of Law. (November 09, 2013)