News & Events for Faculty
There are no new announcements today.
There are no new RA listings today.
There are no new bulletin board items today.
Sara Sternberg Greene’s interests span bankruptcy, commercial law, contracts, tax, poverty, and health law, and Taisu Zhang is a scholar of comparative and economic legal history, property law, and Chinese law.
Duke Law News
- Ginsburg at Duke Law event: “I don’t think that 5-4 decisions have the same clout as a unanimous decision” New York Times
- Danner receives American Association of Law Libraries Distinguished Lectureship Award
- Duke Law co-hosting summer workshops for prospective applicants
- Video: Judicial clerkships at Duke Law Duke Law YouTube
- International Human Rights Clinic: Students help U.N. craft principles on redress for human trafficking victims
Faculty in the News
- Dunlap: National Guard should only support peacekeeping in Ferguson or risk erosion of respect, affection for military Yahoo News
- Blocher: Second Amendment is now seen as protecting the individual right to keep and bear arms The Center for Public Integrity
- Salzman says U.S. drinking water is not entirely risk free, but safe enough The Daily Beast
- Video: Dunlap discusses U.S. aid to Kurdish fighters combating ISIS in Iraq France24
- Dunlap discusses Bergdahl legal strategy Stars and Stripes
- Taisu Zhang
Do Kinship Networks Strengthen Private Property? Evidence from Rural China, 12 Journal of Empirical Legal Studies (forthcoming) (with Xiaoxue Zhao)
- Gregg Patrick Strauss
Why the State Cannot Simply Abolish Marriage, 90 Indiana Law Journal (forthcoming)
- Steven L. Schwarcz
The Functional Regulation of Finance (May 19, 2014)
- Maj. Gen. Charles J. Dunlap, Jr., USAF (Ret.)
Still Shortchanged: Some Observations About the New Army/Marine Corps COIN Doctrine, Small Wars Journal (May 18, 2012)
- Mitu Gulati
From Pigs to Hogs (May 7, 2014) (with Stephen J. Choi)
- Professor De Fontenay's article, "Do the Securities Laws Matter? The Rise of the Leveraged Loan Market," was selected from among nearly eighty submissions for presentation at the C-LEAF Junior Faculty Business and Financial Law Workshop, held at George Washington University Law School, and received the second prize overall among the twelve accepted papers. (February 07, 2014)
- Professor Huckerby was a panelist in the OSCE session on “Women’s roles in countering violent extremism and radicalization that lead to terrorism” at an international symposium on terrorism and transnational crime organized by the Turkish Police Academy in Antalya, Turkey. (December 06, 2013)
- Professor Cox presented at the Governance and Shareholder Rights Conference, Columbia University. (March 21, 2014)