Thursday, November 1st starting at 5:30 p.m in Star Commons. Judging will begin promptly at 5:30 p.m.
Registration for cooks is complete. We hope to see you as a judge!
Admission is FREE Duke Law students!
- Best Dessert
- Best Spicy Dish
- Best Tapa
- Most Kid-Friendly Dish
- Best Vegetarian Dish
- Most Colorful Dish
- Best Comfort Food
- Best Dish on a Public Interest Salary
- Most Romantic Dish
- Most Representative of your Home Country
- Choose a category and submit a dish. You may also compete in more than one category by submitting a separate dish for each category.
- You may compete in teams. Whether prepared by one cook or a team, each dish should feed at least 30 people per cook.
- Participants should arrive and set up beginning at 5 p.m. The Fiesta begins at 5:30 p.m. and judging will begin promptly.
- Tables will be provided for participants to display their dishes.
- NO facilities will be provided to cook, heat, or otherwise prepare dishes. Please bring dishes fully-prepared and ready to display.
- You may bring a crock pot, warmer, etc. to keep your dish warm. You may request a table near an electrical outlet when registering, but please bring your own extension cord.
- Plates, tableware, and napkins will be provided to serve attendees. Please bring your own utensils, platters, etc. to serve your dishes.
- Winners will be announced at the event.
Food Safety Guidelines
- One participant must remain with his or her dish to serve food to Fiesta attendees at all times; Fiesta attendees may not serve themselves.
- Participants must wear serving gloves (provided by OSA) when serving food.
- Participants must wash their hands prior to beginning or resuming food service.
- Fiesta attendees must use disposable utensils (provided by OSA).
- Fiesta attendees are encouraged to use hand sanitizer at each station (provided by OSA).
Contact Sarah Battersby in the Office of Student Affairs at email@example.com if you have any questions about the Food Fiesta. For additional information about safe preparation and handling of food, refer to the following website: http://www.fsis.usda.gov/factsheets/Basics_for_Handling_Food_Safely/index.asp