The Mock Trial Board sends its members to participate in interscholastic competitions each year, where teams representing law schools all over the country compete. Over the past few years, Duke Law Mock Trial Board members have competed in:
- the National Student Trial Advocacy Competition, sponsored by the American Trial Lawyers Association
- the National Trial Competition, co-sponsored by the Texas Young Lawyers Association and the American College of Trial Lawyers
- the National Criminal Justice Trial Advocacy Competition, sponsored by the American Bar Association
- the National White Collar Crime Mock Trial Invitational, hosted by the Georgetown University Law Center
- the National Animal Law Closing Argument Competition, hosted by Harvard Law School
The Mock Trial Board also supports first-year Duke Law students who compete in the University of North Carolina (UNC) 1L Mock Trial Competition held every January in Chapel Hill, North Carolina. Duke Law students have competed in the UNC competition since its inception in 2001. This competition provides excellent learning opportunities for first-year Duke Law students interested in competing in the Duke Law Mock Trial Tournament in the spring.