In collaboration with the Duke Initiative for Science & Society, Duke Law offers the opportunity to pursue a JD/MA in Bioethics & Science Policy in three years and one summer.
Master in Bioethics & Science Policy
The Duke Master of Arts in Bioethics & Science Policy teaches students how to identify, analyze, and propose solutions to myriad complex issues at the intersection of science, technology, ethics, and policy. Students typically apply to the joint degree program during the first semester of their 1L year (application deadline October 15) and begin taking one or more MA courses during the second semester.
- Submit a JD application to the Law School and request your application be sent to Science & Society
- Complete the application for the MA in Bioethics & Science Policy through the graduate school, including the application form, the essays, and supplemental questions.
- You will need to obtain three references (the law school does not retain copies of reference letters and the ones you submitted for the law school application will not be included in the materials forwarded to us).
- Transcripts will be included in the law school dossier.
- The Graduate School will waive the GRE requirement and accept LSAT scores.