News & Events for Alumni
View the Calendar
Wednesday, July 29, 2015, 6:30 PM
Thursday, July 30, 2015, 12:00 PM
Duke Law News
- ABA honors Coleman with criminal justice award
- JD/LLM candidate gives one South Carolinian's perspective on the Confederate flag Edgefield Advertiser
- Duke-Geneva Institute to host conference on “Courts, Treaties, Custom and the Use of Force” July 10-11
- Siegel on Supreme Court marriage ruling: "The lawfulness of this decision is exceeded only by its decency"
- New names, renewed mission for Duke Law clinics focused on health justice
- Teachout '99 takes helm of pro-campaign finance reform Mayday PAC Politico
- Gao '86 criticizes Chinese government response to stock market collapse Bloomberg Business
- Reichgott-Junge '77 discusses charter school misconceptions Durham Herald-Sun
- Reardon '14 to clerk for Supreme Court Chief Justice Roberts
- Skinner-Thompson JD/LLM '08 discusses government infringement on transgender rights Talks on Law
From the Campus: Alumni News
Reardon is the ninth Duke Law graduate to be chosen for a clerkship on the high court since 2010.
- Wrongful Convictions Clinic attorneys file appeal in 1976 murder case http://t.co/lGhhi707ja - July 29, 2015
- Rachel Best '17 on her summer living abroad in Santiago, Chile: http://t.co/fDUh7EfPix - July 29, 2015
- CNBC highlights Durham's thriving start-up scene http://t.co/hgFas6lTpp - July 28, 2015
- Cox comments on on Gramm's House testimony http://t.co/uKAf6HNjcq - July 28, 2015
- Teachout '99 takes helm of pro-campaign finance reform Mayday PAC http://t.co/w3UUHqwV9O - July 28, 2015
- Gabriela Jara JD/LLM'14 and Edward Bersuder were married on July 2, 2015 in Hartford, Conn. Gabby is clerking for Judge Christopher Droney of the Second Circuit Court of Appeals and, starting in August will clerk for Judge John Koeltl of the U.S. District Court in New York. Ed is an associate at Simpson Thacher & Bartlett.
- Geovette Washington JD'92 , former general counsel and senior policy advisor in the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), is new senior vice chancellor and chief legal officer at the University of Pittsburgh.
- Sharon Fountain JD'82 has been named one of D Magazine’s “Best Lawyers in Dallas” for 2015 in the field of taxation. She has also been recognized by The Legal 500 US 2015 in the area of labor and employment law. Sharon practices at Thompson & Knight.
- Lauren Page JD'10 has joined the trusts and estates team in the Wilmington, N.C. office of Smith Moore Leatherwood. She has also been chosen to attend the 2015 North Carolina Bar Association’s Leadership Academy.