News & Events for Alumni
Wednesday, September 9, 2015, 6:00 PM
Tuesday, September 15, 2015, 7:45 AM
Thursday, September 24, 2015, 5:30 PM
Friday, September 25, 2015, 6:00 PM
Wednesday, September 30, 2015, 6:00 PM
Thursday, October 8, 2015, 6:00 PM
Thursday, October 15, 2015, 6:00 PM
Friday, October 23, 2015, 12:00 PM
Duke Law News
- Duke Law welcomes International LLM class of 2016
- Duke Law welcomes the JD Class of 2018
- Duke Law students' research on healthcare policy shows potential $6.4 billion savings for Pennsylvania Nurse.com
- Duke Law Project on Law and Markets focuses on strengths and limits of markets
- Monast suggests three factors for assessing success of EPA's clean power plan The Conversation
- May '71 co-authors The Constitutional Foundations of Intellectual Property: A Natural Rights Perspective Carolina Academic Press
- Fine '11 discusses representing juveniles being tried as adults Philadelphia Inquirer
- Adams LLB '67 calls Duke education "an experiment gone right" Duke Magazine
- Hickey '01 chosen to lead BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee Chattanooga Times Free Press
- Grant '84 appointed first Chief Diversity Officer for Richland Two school district in Columbia, S.C. Cola Daily
From the Campus: Alumni News
From a pool of nearly 5,000 applicants, 227 students enter Duke Law as members of the Class of 2018.
- RT @ProfHolloway: Stay tuned! 9/16 @DukeLaw Black Lives, #AtticusFinch & The Ethics of Legal Fictions @DukeU @DukeBLSA @dukebsa http://t.co… - September 04, 2015
- Duke Law welcomes International LLM class of 2016 http://t.co/14fTpHinGO - September 03, 2015
- Duke Law welcomes the JD Class of 2018 http://t.co/XUrhVeIEoL - September 03, 2015
- Purdy's After Nature traces the formation of America's concept of nature http://t.co/CMj9wjLAq3 - September 01, 2015
- Adams LLB '67 calls Duke education "an experiment gone right" http://t.co/Q5DlRkAOXn - August 28, 2015
- Dayatra Matthews JD'97 has been elected executive vice president of the North Carolina Association of Defense Attorneys at the group’s annual meeting in June. Dayatra is senior vice president of legal and compliance for the Local Government Federal Credit Union in Raleigh.
- Joshua Podolnick JD'13 has joined Davis & Gilbert in New York City as a litigation associate. He previously practiced at Skadden Arps.
- John (Jack) Hickey JD'80 gave a presentation entitled ““Availability of Punitive Damages in Unseaworthiness Injury, Death, and Zone of Danger Cases” at a St. Thomas University School of Law symposium on Punitive Damages in the Maritime Law in April. The symposium was sponsored by The Florida Bar Admiralty Law Committee, St. Thomas University School of Law, and the ABA Torts and Insurance Practice Section Maritime Law Committee.
- Steven Naclerio JD'71 has co-authored “7 Corporate Trends in Law and Politics” in the March 2 issue of Corporate Counsel. Steve is of counsel at Richman Greer in Miami.