News & Events for Alumni
Sunday, July 31, 2016, 5:00 PM
Thursday, August 4, 2016, 6:00 PM
Friday, August 19, 2016, 5:30 PM
Duke Law News
- Liu '18 reports on summer internships with Justice Genine D. Edwards of the Kings County Supreme Court Brooklyn Daily Eagle
- Beck '85 honored with 2016 Citizen Lawyer Award from N.C. Bar Association N.C. Bar Association
- Adler's new book called a "superb collection on contemporary welfare economics" Marginal Revolution
- Rai co-authors first set of ethical guidelines for Intellectual Property scholars
- A message to the Duke Law community from Duke BLSA regarding recent police-involved shootings
- Pineiro '77 posthumously honored with HistoryMuseum Miami’s Legal Legend Award for 2016 Press Release Rocket
- Verniero '84 to receive N.J. State Bar Foundation Medal of Honor NJSBF
- Warner '83 elected to N.C. Bar Association Board of Governors Smith Anderson
- Petrini '87 receives award for pro bono amicus brief MetroWest Daily News
- Duke Law reviews the 2015-2016 Supreme Court term
From the Campus: Alumni News
Miata Eggerly ’18, with assistance from Duke Law faculty and administators, works to impove law and policy for preventative measures guarding against identify theft.
- Honorable Roberto Pineiro '77 posthumously honored with HistoryMuseum Miami’s Legal Legend Award for 2016 https://t.co/OysOuFEWT4 - July 28, 2016
- Wrongful Convictions Clinic uses SCOTUS ruling banning life w/o parole for juveniles to request sentencing hearing https://t.co/QprFb5X5Ne - July 28, 2016
- Purdy: 2016 presidential race represents a repudiation of Obama’s belief in policies that can benefit all Americans https://t.co/Gp32ZL0tTD - July 26, 2016
- Beck '85 honored with 2016 Citizen Lawyer Award from N.C. Bar Association https://t.co/FZyjov77If - July 25, 2016
- Liu '18 reports on summer internships with Justice Genine D. Edwards of the Kings County Supreme Court https://t.co/sCRG1oXOLF - July 25, 2016
- Michael Kabat JD'90 is a founding partner of Kabat Chapman & Ozmer, a 10-attorney law firm with offices in Atlanta and Los Angeles. The firm focuses on labor and employment law, complex business litigation and class and collective action litigation.
- Colm Connolly JD'91, a partner in the Wilmington, Delaware office of Morgan Lewis, has been inducted as a fellow into the American College of Trial Lawyers.
- Gordon Walker SJD'99 has joined, as professor of law, Hamad Bin Khalifa University in Doha, Qatar, in association with the Pritzker School of Law Northwestern University under the auspices of the Qatar Foundation. He is an emeritus professor of law at La Trobe University School of Law, Melbourne, Australia.
- Johanna Roldan LLM'13 has been reassigned as desk officer at the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) Bureau for the Americas in Geneva. Johanna has held several positions at the UNHCR, most recently as an associate protection officer in Rwanda.