News & Events for Alumni
Wednesday, January 25, 2017, 10:00 PM
Thursday, January 26, 2017, 5:30 PM
Saturday, February 11, 2017, 10:00 PM
Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 6:30 PM
Wednesday, March 8, 2017, 12:00 PM
Wednesday, March 15, 2017, 9:00 PM
Duke Law News
- Sachs elected to American Law Institute
- Public Domain Day: What could have entered the public domain on Jan. 1, 2017? Center for the Study of the Public Domain
- Purdy, Divinity’s Wirzba lead project on Anthropocene at Kenan Institute with support of Luce Foundation
- Administrative law judge rules in favor of Civil Justice Clinic client in job dispute
- Siegel article investigates interaction of Supreme Court and lower courts Public Books
- Sawchak '89 and Elliott '93 appointed to senior leadership posts in N.C. Department of Justice NCDOJ
- Defense attorney Treem '72 discusses career and taking on clients no one else will Super Lawyers
- Levin '06 named deputy general counsel for National Association of Broadcasters TV Technology
- 2016 Scholarship and Fellowship Luncheon: "Paying it forward is very rewarding"
- Costley '85 elected to board of trustees of NC Humanities Council PR Leap
From the Campus: Alumni News
Meagan Ault '18 spoke on behalf of Duke Law student recipients of financial aid when they gathered with donors at the Law School’s 2016 Scholarship and Fellowship Luncheon.
- Registration is now open for Duke's Center on Law, Ethics and National Security (LENS) annual conference https://t.co/ojfk8Cx4vV - January 16, 2017
- Cox comments on potential SEC actions against Wells Fargo for not disclosing investigation to investors https://t.co/e5NV5uL440 - January 13, 2017
- Dunlap: "Americans are very pragmatic as to how a President exercises his War Powers" https://t.co/6WiOJZc22Y - January 13, 2017
- Reiners on "killing the Volcker Rule" https://t.co/q1JG34I0XG - January 12, 2017
- Levin '06 named deputy general counsel for National Association of Broadcasters https://t.co/5dzQx6cewQ - January 12, 2017
- Brian Fowler JD'99 has been promoted to general counsel of Millennium Health in San Diego. He joined Millennium in 2012 as assistant general counsel.
- Gary Spitko JD'91 , presidential professor of ethics and the common good, and professor of law at Santa Clara University, has authored Antigay Bias in Role-Model Occupations (University of Pennsylvania Press, 2016). He has also been elected an academic fellow of the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel.
- Jack Hickey JD'80 spoke at a panel discussion on settlement negotiation at the American Association for Justice winter convention in March.
- Bill Blancato JD'83, a partner at Doughton Blancato in Winston-Salem, has received a 2016 Pro Bono Attorney Award by the Children’s Law Center of Central North Carolina, where he serves as a guardian ad litem.