A creative transformation
Community Enterprise Clinic handles legal details of shopping center redevelopment
Duke Law community explores need for 'uncomfortable conversations' about diversity.
The Duke way
» Public service is a core value of the legal profession and central to the Duke Law experience.
Duke Environmental Law Newsletter
Read about faculty research and teaching, highlights from the Environmental Law and Policy Clinic, and alumni in the field.
News & Events for Alumni
Saturday, December 17, 2016, 7:15 PM
Duke Law News
- Former Duke President Brodie dies Duke Today
- Price elected Duke University's tenth president Duke University
- Exonerated clinic client Dudley reflects on freedom and reconciliation during Duke Law Thanksgiving celebration News & Observer
- Benning '16 receives inaugural Mayer Brown diversity scholarship Bloomberg Law
- Civil Justice Clinic achieves successful outcome for clients in contract and housing benefits cases
- Recio-Blanco LLM '12 named director of Ocean Program at Environmental Law Institute Environmental Law Institute
- Spainhour '94 named senior vice president and general counsel of Southern Company Services Yahoo Finance
- Beck '85 named N.C. Lawyers Weekly's "Lawyer of the Year" North Carolina Lawyers Weekly
- Felman '87 will receive ABA Criminal Justice Section's Charles R. English Award American Bar Association
- McFeeley '85 named a "Leader in Law" Idaho Business Review
From the Campus: Alumni News
Price elected Duke University's tenth president
Vincent Price, provost of the University of Pennsylvania since 2009, has been elected Duke University’s tenth president, announced David Rubenstein, chair of the university’s Board of Trustees. He will succeed Richard H. Brodhead on July 1, 2017.
- Dunlap on Mattis appointment for Secretary of Defense https://t.co/P9ffpup6Xa - December 05, 2016
- Vincent Price will join @DukeU on July 1 as the 10th President of Duke University https://t.co/oEhXmzNBCv… https://t.co/UyvmdHXyFs - December 02, 2016
- Bowling discusses Yale's resistance to grad student unions https://t.co/aIOUY3TmbF - December 02, 2016
- Recio-Blanco LLM '12 named director of Ocean Program at Environmental Law Institute https://t.co/6mfgt2go0G - December 02, 2016
- Rice, McAllaster named to "POZ 100" list of people fighting HIV/AIDS epidemic in the South https://t.co/FsU6h9bx5m - November 30, 2016
- Gary Spitko JD'91 , presidential professor of ethics and the common good, and professor of law at Santa Clara University, has authored Antigay Bias in Role-Model Occupations (University of Pennsylvania Press, 2016). He has also been elected an academic fellow of the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel.
- Linda Liu Kordziel JD'93, a principal in the Washington, D.C. office of Fish & Richardson has been named a recipient of the 2016 “Women Worth Watching” award by Profiles in Diversity Journal. Linda focuses her practice on intellectual property and patent litigation.
- Elizabeth Perry JD'03 is a doctoral student in the Department of Law at Umea University in Sweden, writing her dissertation on “Children’s Access to Parental Financial Support: A Comparative Assessment in California and Sweden.”
- Nadia Chebbi JD'14 is a project finance associate in the natural resources, energy and infrastructure sectors of DeGaulle Fleurance & Associates in Paris.