News & Events for Alumni
Tuesday, February 16, 2016, 6:00 PM
Thursday, February 18, 2016, 5:30 PM
Thursday, February 18, 2016, 6:00 PM
Thursday, February 25, 2016, 5:30 PM
Saturday, March 5, 2016, 7:00 PM
Duke Law News
- Judges, lawyers share feedback on new discovery proportionality rules at Duke-ABA events
- Center for Judicial Studies helps pave the way for first majority-female MDL steering committee
- Get the latest on the 2016 vote from Duke experts Duke Campaign Stop 2016
- Levi elected American Law Institute president
- Pearson '16 named to Duke committee studying recognition for Julian Abele Duke Today
- Rose '68 to receive honorary degree at 2015 Duke University commencement Duke Today
- Roberts '00 appointed to N.C. Ethics Commission N.C. Office of the Governor
- Hoffman '92 named Rutgers University's senior vice president and general counsel Rutgers Today
- Azar ’99 argues Ninth Circuit appeal on behalf of Citi borrowers seeking class certification over bank’s failure to modify mortgages Law360
- Paul Hardin III ’54 honored with endowed scholarship
From the Campus: Alumni News
Shah became legal adviser to the U.S. Embassy in Kabul, Afghanistan, in May, assuming duties in her first overseas post with the U.S. Department of State that she likens to those of a general counsel of a small city.
- Purdy: Trump is "post-political candidate" https://t.co/K4rG1g0GOM - February 13, 2016
- Purdy analyzes reaction of wealthy Democrats to Sanders appeal among low-income voters https://t.co/qSTa8FZQ62 - February 12, 2016
- Today at #DukeLaw: Deconstructing a Hate Crime https://t.co/qFJATcXLtU - February 12, 2016
- Monast: Supreme Court's Clean Power Plan decision alters compliance timing but isn't final say https://t.co/eWOAcQjnNb - February 12, 2016
- Today at #DukeLaw: A lunchtime discussion on practicing law as a diverse attorney & member of the LGBTQ community https://t.co/rgHZYKcYXn - February 12, 2016
- Gary Myers JD'86 published the new fifth edition of his casebook, Entertainment, Media and the Law: Cases & Materials with Paul Weiler (Harvard) and Will Berry (Mississippi) (5th edition West Publishing, 2015). Gary continues to serve as dean at the University of Missouri School of Law.
- Sarah Campbell JD'09 has joined the Office of the Attorney General for the State of Tennessee as special assistant to the solicitor general and the attorney general. Sarah previously practiced at Williams & Connolly.
- Laurie Sanders JD'94 has joined the San Francisco law firm of Osborn McDerby as partner. Previously, Laurie founded Emeryville Law, a boutique business law firm providing services to small and mid-size private businesses.
- David Starr JD'89 has been promoted to senior vice president and general counsel of The LaSalle Group Inc. David became the company's vice president and general counsel in 2014.