News & Events for Alumni
Duke Law News
- Justice Ginsburg reviews Supreme Court term at D.C. Summer Institute event
- Ginsburg tells Duke students, alumni she hopes next Supreme Court term will be less polarized National Law Journal
- Garrett-authored amicus brief highlights need for improved judicial scrutiny of forensic expertise, evidence
- Faculty in law, medicine launch project looking at criminal justice in North Carolina
- Abrams, Schroeder, Siegel elected to American Law Institute
- Bysiewicz '86 wins Democratic nomination for lieutenant governor in Connecticut WTIC
- Inazu '00: I'm still confident in "Confident Pluralism" Christianity Today
- Class of ’87 funds fellowship for yearlong Legal Aid position
- Stark '89 comments on whether Tesla tweets expose Musk to shareholder lawsuits New York Times
- Chao '90 named Professor of Law at Sturm College of Law University of Denver
From the Campus: Alumni News
Nicole Ligon ’16 will join the Law School’s new First Amendment Clinic in September as a teaching fellow and supervising attorney. She is returning to Duke after practicing First Amendment litigation at Cahill Gordon & Reindel in New York.
- Federalist Society reviews Prof. @brandonlgarrett's "End of Its Rope" https://t.co/mMBm92TcdZ - August 15, 2018
- John Reed Stark '89 comments on whether Tesla tweets expose Musk to shareholder lawsuits https://t.co/BTZ6tOKdrt - August 15, 2018
- Susan Bysiewicz '86 wins Democratic nomination for lieutenant governor in Connecticut https://t.co/mBHh2A6AT7 - August 15, 2018
- John Inazu '00: I'm still confident in "Confident Pluralism" https://t.co/8NMZA6Pv8K - August 15, 2018
- Prof. Powell on proposed amendment to N.C. constitution: "As long as there’s a federal constitutional rule on abort… https://t.co/o3I97exKOA - August 15, 2018
- Clarence L. Ledbetter JD'69
- Lea F. Courington JD'77 » More
- Eli Mazur JD'02, a partner at YKVN, the largest law firm in Vietnam, has been named a "Leading Lawyer" in corporate and M&A by Asia Law. He was also named the “Best Pharmaceutical Advisor in Vietnam” by multiple organizations. Eli represents U.S. pharmaceutical companies in Vietnam, and is the external in-house counsel for the Pharma Group, comprising 24 pharmaceutical companies in Vietnam.
- Geovette Washington JD'92, senior vice chancellor and chief legal officer for the University of Pittsburgh, was the keynote speaker at the annual April SHARE event that brings together the Pittsburgh region’s most prominent corporations and institutions with Minority Women Disadvantaged Business Enterprises suppliers.