News & Events for Alumni
Wednesday, December 2, 2015, 6:00 PM
Wednesday, December 2, 2015, 6:30 PM
Friday, December 4, 2015, 6:30 PM
Saturday, December 19, 2015, 6:30 PM
Friday, January 8, 2016, 6:00 PM
Duke Law News
- Video | Center for Law, Race and Politics conference: The Present & Future of Civil Rights Movements Duke Law YouTube
- Video | Duke Law Office Hours: Dunlap talks U.S. ISIS response Duke YouTube
- Kay LLM '16 examines attitudes towards attacks in Paris and Beirut The Nation
- Duke Law receives $5 million grant from The Duke Endowment
- Beskind, Coleman publish new Torts casebook
- Hicks '97 named executive VP and general counsel at Lincoln Financial Group Businesswire
- Duke Law surpasses initial campaign goal, continuing to fund-raise for key priorities
- Teachout '99 outlines Clinton's "corruption problem" Huffington Post
- Tjoflat '57, longest-serving federal judge, passes 45 years on bench Daily Report
- Farahany debates ethics of “smart pills” for college students Intelligence Squared
From the Campus: Alumni News
The grant will create a matching gift fund to encourage donors to endow as many as six new faculty positions in the next two years.
- Purdy examines "Bernie Sanders's New Deal Socialism" https://t.co/gxL2n5UUN2 - November 23, 2015
- Dunlap joins ranks of generals calling for pols to stop demonizing Muslims and refugees https://t.co/VoVJYwfcRX - November 23, 2015
- Mizzou student organizers discuss activism and sacrifice at #DukeLaw conference on civil rights https://t.co/OCnVmukgUo - November 23, 2015
- Dunlap says loosening rules of engagement is only way to effectively combat ISIS https://t.co/9EnAJx3bmi - November 23, 2015
- RT @DukeLawCLRP: "We looked at White Supremacy in the eye and said we would not be afraid" - Jonathan Butler of #Mizzou at @dukelaw #dukela… - November 20, 2015
- Ed Robin LLB'66 founded NAS Insurance in Encino, Calif., in 1975. The firm -- a full-service specialty insurance underwriting manager -- celebrated its 40th anniversary in September.
- Donald Nielsen JD'90, an attorney at Bell, Davis & Pitt in Winston-Salem, N.C., has been recognized by Best Lawyers in America in the fields of environmental law and litigation, and land use and zoning litigation.
- James Fox JD'71, an attorney at Bell, Davis & Pitt in Winston-Salem, N.C., has been recognized by Best Lawyers in America in the fields of bet-the-company litigation and other complex litigation areas.
- Steven Pierce JD'74 retired on Sept. 30 as chief justice of the Massachusetts Housing Court. During his career, he served in all three branches of the Massachusetts state government -- first in the legislature, then in two gubernatorial administrations, and finally in the court system. He was appointed to the Housing Court in 2002, and named chief justice in 2006.