News & Events for Alumni
Monday, July 25, 2016, 6:00 PM
Tuesday, July 26, 2016, 12:00 PM
Wednesday, July 27, 2016, 12:00 PM
Wednesday, July 27, 2016, 6:30 PM
Thursday, July 28, 2016, 6:00 PM
Sunday, July 31, 2016, 5:00 PM
Thursday, August 4, 2016, 6:00 PM
Friday, August 19, 2016, 5:30 PM
Duke Law News
- Adler's new book called a "superb collection on contemporary welfare economics" Marginal Revolution
- Rai co-authors first set of ethical guidelines for Intellectual Property scholars
- A message to the Duke Law community from Duke BLSA regarding recent police-involved shootings
- Hossain '18 receives 2016 Sarah Parker Scholarship from N.C. Association of Women Attorneys NCWA
- Dunlap on Brexit's national security implications: Keep calm, carry on Lawfire
- Warner '83 elected to N.C. Bar Association Board of Governors Smith Anderson
- Petrini '87 receives award for pro bono amicus brief MetroWest Daily News
- Verniero '84 to receive N.J. State Bar Foundation Medal of Honor NJSBF
- Duke Law reviews the 2015-2016 Supreme Court term
- Roady '76 tackles pressing environmental issues with new appointments at Duke Law and Nicholas Institute
From the Campus: Alumni News
Miata Eggerly ’18, with assistance from Duke Law faculty and administators, works to impove law and policy for preventative measures guarding against identify theft.
- Adler's new book called a "superb collection on contemporary welfare economics" https://t.co/lBq1uGStLa - July 22, 2016
- Dunlap: NATO members not legally required to "automatically" use force in defense of allies https://t.co/6r41XT7rY2 - July 22, 2016
- de Fontenay study: Public companies often choose lower quality outside counsel than is optimal for high-value deals https://t.co/hSwSk5893z - July 21, 2016
- McAllaster consults international experts about HIV-related stigma at International AIDS Conference https://t.co/yT2mS6TenI - July 20, 2016
- Miller discusses lawsuit filed by UT professors hoping to ban guns from their classrooms https://t.co/re6LvoPKcr - July 19, 2016
- Richard Riley JD'83 has been appointed to the board of directors for Acuity Insurance. He remains a partner with Foley & Lardner in Washington, D.C. where he focuses his practice include tax and corporate matters for property and casualty insurance companies.
- Daniel Klein JD'01 has joined Proskauer Rose’s Boston office as senior patent counsel in the litigation department, and a member of the life sciences patent practice. He previously practiced at Choate Hall & Stewart.
- David Szekeres JD'00 has been named senior vice president of business development, general counsel, and corporate secretary for Heron Therapeutics in Redwood City, Calif. David most recently was general counsel, chief business officer, principal financial officer, and corporate secretary at Regulus Therapeutics.
- Michael Kabat JD'90 is a founding partner of Kabat Chapman & Ozmer, a 10-attorney law firm with offices in Atlanta and Los Angeles. The firm focuses on labor and employment law, complex business litigation and class and collective action litigation.