Cyber, Security & Surveillance: Truth & Consequences
» Duke Law hosts annual conference on law, ethics, and national security, Feb. 24-25.
Duke Law faculty, staff, and alumni help students land prestigious positions with judges
The Duke way
Public service is a core value of the legal profession and central to the Duke Law experience.
News & Events for Alumni
Monday, March 6, 2017, 6:00 PM
Tuesday, March 7, 2017, 6:00 PM
Wednesday, March 8, 2017, 12:00 PM
Friday, March 10, 2017, 6:00 PM
Wednesday, March 15, 2017, 9:00 PM
Friday, April 7, 2017, 5:00 PM
Saturday, April 8, 2017, 9:00 AM
Duke Law News
- DeGory '17, Wright '18 take Dean's Cup
- Reiners: Don’t expect the OCC to embrace fintech failure The FinReg Blog
- Boyle and Jenkins relate 2,000 years of musical history—and of musical borrowing—in comic book form
- Young on Trump's criticism of judiciary: Judges can take it but "you'd like it to be more substantive and respectful in its tone" U.S. News & World Report
- Message from Duke president, provost on federal immigration restrictions Duke Today
- Scarton '01 named Washington State Ferries chief The Olympian
- Transactional Law Competition offers students experience at negotiating table
- Yarger '08 reflects on lessons learned while clerking for SCOTUS nominee Gorsuch The Federalist
- Roth JD '11 LLMLE '12 discusses benefits of Duke's StartupConnect Networking Fair Duke Today
- Clinkscale '86 named to board of Atlanta International Arbitration Society Womble Carlyle
From the Campus: Alumni News
Having served as a lead attorney in cases involving a range of issues, including defective pharmaceuticals and medical devices, consumer fraud, and defective products, Andrus was named one of the nation’s 75 “Outstanding Women Lawyers” by the National Law Journal in 2015.
- Amy Scarton '01 named Washington State Ferries chief https://t.co/z11QnN9EYw - February 24, 2017
- Prof. Blocher comments on appellate ruling upholding assault weapons ban https://t.co/i0Zf8afZpX - February 23, 2017
- Amelia DeGory '17, Ethan Wright '18 take Dean's Cup https://t.co/DwS2bzRont - February 23, 2017
- @leereiners: Don’t expect the OCC to embrace fintech failure https://t.co/LjcQ6gWwWy - February 23, 2017
- Prof. @JedediahSPurdy: Progressive "internationalism" can't work without organized national action https://t.co/jLSjJGDruB - February 22, 2017
- Louis Lappen JD'88 was named acting United States attorney for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania in December. Prior to this appointment, he was the first assistant U.S. attorney. Louis has served in the Department of Justice since 1997.
- Dana Pirvu LLM'06 has joined A9.com, Inc. as corporate counsel in Palo Alto, Calif. She previously was underwriting counsel at Ambridge Partners in New York City.
- Kate Hunter JD/LLM'12 has joined Bass Berry & Sims as an associate in the firm’s Nashville, Tenn., office. Previously, Kate was an associate in the Washington, D.C. office of Norton Rose Fulbright.
- Paige Whitaker JD'92 , deputy district attorney for Fulton County, Ga., has been selected by Gov. Nathan Deal to replace a retiring judge on the Fulton County Superior Court. She joined the DA’s office in 2010.