Bradley lays groundwork for new scholarly field
Helfer, Young among 50 scholars contributing to The Oxford Handbook of Comparative Foreign Relations Law
Free at Last
Wrongful Convictions Clinic secures release of Charles Ray Finch after 43 years of incarceration
Nationally recognized clinician and immigration advocate Kate Evans to lead Duke Law School's new Immigrant Rights Clinic
News & Events for Alumni
Thursday, August 22, 2019, 6:00 PM
Duke Law News
- Duke Summer Institute on Law, Language, and Culture offers engaging introduction to U.S. legal system and law school for international attorneys
- Duke Law Tech Lab cited for support of legal technology "ecosystem" Artificial Lawyer
- Roady, Nowlin, Arata co-author, file scholars’ amicus brief with Supreme Court in Hawaii Clean Water Act case
- Justice Ginsburg reflects on longevity, Court collegiality, and dysfunction in confirmation process during annual Duke Law conversation
- Visiting faculty bring expertise in corporate, environmental, criminal, and immigration law
- Fifth Circuit's Willett '92, MJS '16 says Master of Judicial Studies program helps jurists to "up our judicial game" Bloomberg Law
- Dreeben '81 to join Georgetown Law as a distinguished lecturer after long career as government's top criminal lawyer Bloomberg Law
- Willett '92 MJS '16 praises Master of Judicial Studies program as a "godsend" for those who want to "up their judicial game" Bloomberg Law
- Dreeben '81, longtime SCOTUS advocate, joins Georgetown law faculty National Law Journal
- Whitaker '92 urges lawyers and trial judges to read appellate court dissents and concurrences to discern how the law is evolving Law.com
From the Campus: Alumni News
- RT @DukeU: “Attorney General Barr’s decision to resume the federal death penalty is just one more effort by the administration to pick off… - July 26, 2019
- Prof. Lawrence Zelenak: Boeing could reap indefinite tax benefits from its $5 billion loss over troubled 737 Max pl… https://t.co/DhORV6CenG - July 26, 2019
- RT @MBNowlin: We want to know, too, so we’ve designed a research course to answer the question! @BassConnections @carolinafarm @infoCEFS @D… - July 26, 2019
- Justice Ginsburg remembers Justice Stevens, discusses Court tenure and latest term at Duke Law event https://t.co/SFbKRenflL - July 25, 2019
- Prof. Charles Dunlap says China should be the main focus for newly-confirmed Secretary of Defense Mark Esper https://t.co/eTGKNIw3u1 - July 25, 2019
- Carolyn Woodruff JD'83, president of Woodruff Family Law Group in Greensboro, has been appointed to the Board of Directors of Blue Ridge Bankshares, Inc. She also serves on the Board of Directors for Carolina State Bank, a division of Blue Ridge Bank. Carolyn is a frequent writer and lecturer on business valuation and federal taxation.
- William Kirby JD'04 has joined Petrelli Previtera Schimmel’s Philadelphia office, where his practice concentrates on family law, including divorce, separation, child custody, support disputes, property division, and others. He previously practiced at Ansa Assuncao, also in Philadelphia.
- Cristina Arumi JD'95 has rejoined Hogan Lovells, where she heads the firm’s U.S. REIT tax practice. Before departing for Ernst & Young in 2013, she spent 17 years with Hogan Lovells, focusing her practice on the tax aspects of capital markets and M&A transactions.
- Jessica Eaglin JD'08 received a 2019 Indiana University Bloomington Outstanding Junior Faculty Award. The award identifies promising tenure-track faculty and carries a grant to support future research. An associate professor, Jessica joined the Maurer School of Law in 2015, where her scholarship lies at the intersection of the technological revolution and its implications for criminal justice and social justice.