News & Events for Alumni
Wednesday, September 2, 2015, 7:05 PM
Wednesday, September 9, 2015, 6:00 PM
Thursday, September 24, 2015, 5:30 PM
Friday, September 25, 2015, 6:00 PM
Wednesday, September 30, 2015, 6:00 PM
Thursday, October 8, 2015, 6:00 PM
Thursday, October 15, 2015, 6:00 PM
Friday, October 23, 2015, 12:00 PM
Duke Law News
- Duke Law students' research on healthcare policy shows potential $6.4 billion savings for Pennsylvania Nurse.com
- Duke Law Project on Law and Markets focuses on strengths and limits of markets
- Monast suggests three factors for assessing success of EPA's clean power plan The Conversation
- In Judicature: Metzloff examines the treatment of mass-tort claims under the multidistrict litigation process
- ABA honors Coleman with criminal justice award
- Fine '11 discusses representing juveniles being tried as adults Philadelphia Inquirer
- Adams LLB '67 calls Duke education "an experiment gone right" Duke Magazine
- Hickey '01 chosen to lead BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee Chattanooga Times Free Press
- Nasher '79 discusses her work at helm of NorthPark Center in Dallas KERA News
- Grant '84 appointed first Chief Diversity Officer for Richland Two school district in Columbia, S.C. Cola Daily
From the Campus: Alumni News
- Purdy's After Nature traces the formation of America's concept of nature http://t.co/CMj9wjLAq3 - September 01, 2015
- Adams LLB '67 calls Duke education "an experiment gone right" http://t.co/Q5DlRkAOXn - August 28, 2015
- Fine '11 discusses representing juveniles being tried as adults http://t.co/MPuUPSooht - August 28, 2015
- Monast says EPA's clean power plan could create new opportunities for industry http://t.co/pbtrAcXx7j - August 28, 2015
- Review: Purdy’s After Nature “may very well be the Silent Spring of the 21st century.” http://t.co/ALApR7Ziyc - August 25, 2015
- Steven Naclerio JD'71 has co-authored “7 Corporate Trends in Law and Politics” in the March 2 issue of Corporate Counsel. Steve is of counsel at Richman Greer in Miami.
- Dan Bowling JD'80, senior lecturing fellow at the Law School, was named the 2015 Distinguished Teacher by the Duke Bar Association on April 7. Dan teaches labor and employment law in addition to a course he designed on lawyers and personal well-being, and he also leads seminar courses exploring the connection between happiness, legal professionalism, and work satisfaction.
- bill Constangy JD'67, retired N.C. Superior Court judge, has been awarded the Order of the Long Leaf Pine by Gov. Pat McCrory, the highest civilian award by the State of North Carolina. He also received the Leaders in Law award from N.C. Lawyers Weekly and Elon University. Bill is now an arbitrator and mediator, author and public speaker in Charlotte. He has written several recent articles including: “Enforceability of Employment Contract Covenants Not to Compete in North Carolina’s Changing Business Environment,” 15 Wake Forest J. Bus. & Intell. Prop. L.
- Justin Becker JD'12 has joined the international trade and dispute resolution practice in the Washington, D.C. office of Sidley Austin. Prior to joining Sidley, Justin worked for the Department of Commerce in the Office of the Chief Counsel for Trade Enforcement and Compliance.