News & Events for Alumni
Duke Law News
- Duke Law acquires e-discovery standards organization EDRM
- Clemons '10 organizes Georgia Bar's centenary commemoration of admitting first woman lawyer Daily Report
- Wrongful Convictions Clinic client featured in new MTV series
- Skene '14 named AAAS 2016-17 Judicial Branch Fellow
- Beck '85 honored with 2016 Citizen Lawyer Award from N.C. Bar Association N.C. Bar Association
- Scarboro '89: an influential woman in securities law Law360
- Thomas '92 crafts a specialty in auditor liability FT.com
- Inazu ’00 receives distinguished chair, discusses new book at Washington University Law Washington University Law
- McGann LLMLE '15 named executive director of Blackstone Entrepreneurs Network WRAL TechWire
- Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg recaps the Supreme Court term in conversation with Prof. Neil Siegel at D.C. Summer Institute event
From the Campus: Alumni News
Geoff Krouse, a dedicated alumnus with two Duke degrees and deep family ties to the Law School, will wrap up his transactional practice and begin work on Aug. 15 as the assistant dean for the Alumni and Development Office and a senior lecturing fellow on the faculty.
- Bowling and Benning '17 discuss implications of NLRB decision on grad-student unionization https://t.co/yQQ7rB02ma https://t.co/hjwnyKra8H - August 25, 2016
- Dunlap: ABA should consider discrimination against vets and military members an ethics violation https://t.co/07f7kbO2nF - August 25, 2016
- Today from 11:30-1:30 pm, the Law School is invited to take a first look at West Union and enjoy a special discount https://t.co/nqVsnebwHx - August 25, 2016
- Baxter: A congressional repeal of Dodd-Frank is unlikely and would be almost as complex as its passage https://t.co/nWpnWtJ5XH - August 24, 2016
- Wettach: TX transgender ruling doesn't affect NC case but stops Obama admin. from withholding education funds https://t.co/OGU0lQdtsw - August 24, 2016
- Sharath Chandrasekehar LLM'09 has joined HSA Advocates as a partner in the firm’s newly opened office in Bengaluru, India. Prior to joining HSA, Sharath was one of the founding partners at Citius Law Advocates. He has previously worked at J. Sagar Associates and Axis Bank, with a focus on banking & finance, real estate, private equity & venture capital transactions.
- Lawrence Gostin JD'74 has been appointed by President Obama to serve as a member of the National Cancer Advisory Board. Lawrence is the faculty director of the O’Neill Institute for National and Global Health Law, as well as the founding O’Neill chair in global health law at Georgetown Law. He is also a professor of medicine at Georgetown University and professor of public health at The Johns Hopkins University and the director of the World Health Organization Collaborating Center on Public Health Law and Human Rights.
- Janet Ward Black JD'85 has received the Hood Theological Seminary’s 12th Annual Bishop’s Award in recognition of her commitment to the seminary, located in Salisbury, N.C., and her community. Janet is the founder of Ward Black Law, a 36-person firm in Greensboro, N.C.
- Audry Casusol JD'06 has joined the New York office of Greenberg Traurig as a shareholder in its corporate and securities practice. She previously practiced at Cravath, Swaine & Moore.