Summer studies in Geneva and Durham prepare students for careers in international law.
Distinguished chair awards
Griffin, McAllaster, and Miller honored with distinguished professorships.
On the Ground
Students share their experiences working with asylum-seeking families at a south Texas detention center.
Former U.S. Attorney General Loretta Lynch joins faculty, family, and friends in celebrating Duke Law School's 2017 graduates.
News & Events for Alumni
Monday, June 26, 2017, 6:00 PM
Tuesday, June 27, 2017, 6:00 PM
Thursday, June 29, 2017, 7:00 PM
Tuesday, July 11, 2017, 5:00 PM
Tuesday, July 11, 2017, 7:00 PM
Wednesday, July 19, 2017, 6:00 PM
Duke Law News
- Scholar of criminal law, procedure, and criminology joins governing faculty
- MJS candidate Hon. Bernice Donald receives ABA's 2017 Margaret Brent Women Lawyers of Achievement Award American Bar Association
- Community Enterprise Clinic client launching sex ed app for teens News & Observer
- Environmental Law and Policy Clinic submits comments on seabed mining regulations to International Seabed Authority
- Danner, leader in evolution of law library and librarianship, to retire July 1
- Joseph MJS '16 named to Milwaukee Business Journal's 2017 Women of Influence Milwaukee Business Journal
- Green '91 concludes year-long tour of N.C. to help focus non-profit's priorities News & Observer
- Starr '73: Firing Mueller would be an insult to the Founding Fathers Washington Post
- Gerrish '94, Sales '00 nominated for key Trump administration posts The White House
- Fallone LLMLE '17 creates new firm specializing in startups ExitEvent
From the Campus: Alumni News
Richard A. Danner, the Archibald C. and Frances Fulk Rufty Research Professor of Law, is considered one of the preeminent law librarians in the country and a giant in the field of law librarianship. He will retire after more than 35 years at Duke Law School.
- "They have no one to stand beside them in the halls of power. But as of today, they do. They have all of you." - May 13, 2017
- "Too many ordinary Americans ... live with a sense of anxiety that they are unable to fully participate in the American dream." - May 13, 2017
- "There is no better time, there is no greater need than right now." - May 13, 2017
- "You don't have to become the attorney general to leave that mark. It is not the title on your door, it is the passion in your heart." - May 13, 2017
- Former Attorney General Loretta Lynch addresses the #DukeLaw class of 2017 https://t.co/5dYTW4tZEB - May 13, 2017
- Keith Smith JD'93, general counsel for Carolinas HealthCare System, has been recognized by Charlotte Business Journal with the Corporate Counsel Award for Outstanding General Counsel.
- Mike Taten JD'93 was elected to the management committee of Jackson Walker, where he chairs the corporate and securities group in Dallas.
- Courtney Brown JD'07 has joined the Durham office of Hunter Rowe Real Estate Agents and Advisors as a broker/realtor.
- Adam Hill JD'08 has been elected partner in the Dallas office of Thompson & Knight, where he focuses his practice on commercial real estate and banking.