News & Events for Alumni
Sunday, June 7, 2015, 12:00 PM
Duke Law News
- Center for Law, Economics, and Public Policy co-hosts “Inequality and the Economic Analysis of Climate Change,” May 27-28
- Graduation kick-off: Class of 2015 presents Justin Miller Awards, class gift at gala
- Berkland '15 describes preparing for a career in law and entrepreneurship Duke Global Entrepreneurship Network
- The meaning of legal aid
- Realizing Olmstead: Talley Wells ’98
- Blue '73 and McKissick '83 join fellow NC legislators in honoring Blue Devil championship team Durham Herald-Sun
- Benjamin, May ’71 testify before House Energy and Commerce Committee on FCC reform
- Roche ’13 and wife make USA Long Distance Mountain Running Team American Trail Running Association
- Hooding 2015: Koh tells graduates to “live your values”
- Duke Law honors robust group of SJD graduates at May 9 hooding ceremony
From the Campus: Alumni News
Fresh off a Duke Bridge to Practice fellowship working on domestic violence matters at Legal Services of New Jersey (LS NJ), Flanigan learned she had passed the state bar exam a few days after power was restored due to Hurricane Sandy. Almost immediately she was invited to return to LS NJ, to join the new relief project that was being set up to handle the requests for legal assistance that were pouring in via the agency’s hotline.
- #DukeLaw Prof. Buell comments on guilty pleas from major banks http://t.co/R6CAdmbhuj - May 22, 2015
- RT @DukeLawAlumni: Blue '73 and McKissick '83 join fellow NC legislators in honoring Blue Devil championship team http://t.co/nE7w9qrjf9 - May 20, 2015
- Prof. Benjamin joins Duke trio in congressional testimony http://t.co/gWm0zZgu53 - May 19, 2015
- #DukeLaw Prof. Longest: Proposed NC Farm Bill is "lawmaking by ambush" http://t.co/kDubU88epD - May 18, 2015
- #DukeLaw Prof. Bradley analyzes customary international law's uncertain status in the US http://t.co/mK0JukYAhI - May 18, 2015
- Rod Smolla JD'78 has been named dean of Widener University Delaware Law School effective July 1. Rod previously was president of Furman University from 2010 to 2013, and also served as dean at Washington & Lee Law School and the University of Richmond Law School.
- Skip Finkbohner JD'86, a partner in the Mobile, Ala. firm of Cunningham Bounds has become a fellow in the American College of Trial Lawyers, and was also inducted into the International Academy of Trial Lawyers.
- Fang Liu JD'05 has joined Mei & Mark’s Washington, D.C. office as a partner, where she leads the firm's business law practice. Fang focuses her practice in the areas of corporate and securities law, with a particular emphasis on China-related matters. She previously was senior counsel at Loeb & Loeb in Washington.
- Eli Mazur JD'02 has been promoted to partner in the Vietnam-based law firm, YKVN, where he focuses his practice on the pharmaceutical industry. Eli first moved to Hanoi in 2004 and joined YKVN in 2010.