Duke Law faculty, staff, and alumni help students land prestigious positions with judges
Cyber, Security & Surveillance: Truth & Consequences
» Duke Law hosts annual conference on law, ethics, and national security, Feb. 24-25.
The Duke way
Public service is a core value of the legal profession and central to the Duke Law experience.
News & Events for Alumni
Monday, March 6, 2017, 6:00 PM
Tuesday, March 7, 2017, 6:00 PM
Wednesday, March 8, 2017, 12:00 PM
Friday, March 10, 2017, 6:00 PM
Wednesday, March 15, 2017, 9:00 PM
Friday, April 7, 2017, 5:00 PM
Saturday, April 8, 2017, 9:00 AM
Duke Law News
- Take in the Dean’s Cup final round, Feb. 21, 5:30 p.m.
- Boyle and Jenkins relate 2,000 years of musical history—and of musical borrowing—in comic book form
- Young on Trump's criticism of judiciary: Judges can take it but "you'd like it to be more substantive and respectful in its tone" U.S. News & World Report
- Message from Duke president, provost on federal immigration restrictions Duke Today
- Dunlap on Trump and "lawfare": "If we have an opportunity to use law instead of more traditional weapons to address foreign policy issues, I'm all for it" Voice of America
- Transactional Law Competition offers students experience at negotiating table
- Yarger '08 reflects on lessons learned while clerking for SCOTUS nominee Gorsuch The Federalist
- Roth JD '11 LLMLE '12 discusses benefits of Duke's StartupConnect Networking Fair Duke Today
- Clinkscale '86 named to board of Atlanta International Arbitration Society Womble Carlyle
- Whitaker '92 named to Fulton Superior Court bench Daily Report
From the Campus: Alumni News
Having served as a lead attorney in cases involving a range of issues, including defective pharmaceuticals and medical devices, consumer fraud, and defective products, Andrus was named one of the nation’s 75 “Outstanding Women Lawyers” by the National Law Journal in 2015.
- Tune in now: Dean's Cup final round https://t.co/RCTTsFLpS0 - February 21, 2017
- Watch the Dean's Cup final round, Feb. 21, 5:30 p.m. https://t.co/RCTTsFLpS0 - February 21, 2017
- Take in the Dean’s Cup final round, Feb. 21, 5:30 p.m. https://t.co/Vxx3kQp2vU https://t.co/70WrsBhp19 - February 20, 2017
- Prof. Young discusses Supreme Court nominee Gorsuch and the evolution of originalism https://t.co/3BLcr6C06h - February 20, 2017
- Profs. Boyle and Jenkins relate 2,000 years of musical history—and of musical borrowing—in comic book form https://t.co/E3lgE0kssY - February 20, 2017
- Louis Lappen JD'88 was named acting United States attorney for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania in December. Prior to this appointment, he was the first assistant U.S. attorney. Louis has served in the Department of Justice since 1997.
- Dana Pirvu LLM'06 has joined A9.com, Inc. as corporate counsel in Palo Alto, Calif. She previously was underwriting counsel at Ambridge Partners in New York City.
- Kate Hunter JD/LLM'12 has joined Bass Berry & Sims as an associate in the firm’s Nashville, Tenn., office. Previously, Kate was an associate in the Washington, D.C. office of Norton Rose Fulbright.
- Paige Whitaker JD'92 , deputy district attorney for Fulton County, Ga., has been selected by Gov. Nathan Deal to replace a retiring judge on the Fulton County Superior Court. She joined the DA’s office in 2010.