News & Events for Alumni
View the Calendar
Thursday, July 9, 2015, 6:00 PM
Thursday, July 16, 2015, 6:00 PM
Duke Law News
- Siegel on Supreme Court marriage ruling: "The lawfulness of this decision is exceeded only by its decency"
- New names, renewed mission for Duke Law clinics focused on health justice
- Doedens, Blank, and Hogue '15 present Capstone Projects
- Podcast: Farahany discusses genetic engineering and "designer babies" Aspen Ideas To Go
- Duke Law co-hosting summer workshops for prospective applicants
- Skinner-Thompson JD/LLM '08 explains how Obergefell could help transgender rights Slate
- Podcast: Epps '91 discusses the Supreme Court's recent and forthcoming decisions Slate
- Sorrell '94 discusses the organic farm he started at Paul Quinn College in Dallas The Splendid Table
- Review of DLJ note authored by Rice '15: "Descriptively elegant, analytically convincing, thoroughly informed" Jotwell
- Sorrell '94 discusses Charleston shootings and "lessons I never wanted to teach" Dallas Morning News
From the Campus: Alumni News
A few days before graduation, 24 students came together to express their gratitude to those who have donated to the Law School.
- Time is running out! Support #DukeLaw by making your Annual Fund gift by midnight June 30 at http://t.co/PSHNMDQNzx http://t.co/rgVTCIDSX3 - June 29, 2015
- #DukeLaw Prof. Dellinger analyzes Supreme Court dissents in marriage and healthcare cases http://t.co/1jEAoey9QJ - June 29, 2015
- "The lawfulness of this decision is exceeded only by its decency." #DukeLaw Prof. Siegel on #MarriageEquality http://t.co/a3S3XKEyVe - June 26, 2015
- Just a few spaces left in the D.C. Summer Institute. Courses on econ, biotech & conlaw taught by #DukeLaw faculty. http://t.co/pajrXfsEqZ - June 26, 2015
- #DukeLaw Prof. Siegel calls Supreme Court health care ruling "a masterpiece of legal craft" http://t.co/niVAF1RCnY - June 26, 2015
- Robert Marcus JD'93 has been recognized in 2015 Chambers USA Guide in litigation. He practices in the Charlotte office of Smith Moore Leatherwood.
- Lauren Page JD'10 has joined the trusts and estates team in the Wilmington, N.C. office of Smith Moore Leatherwood. She has also been chosen to attend the 2015 North Carolina Bar Association’s Leadership Academy.
- Laurence Tucker JD'72, a partner in the Kansas City office of Armstrong Teasdale, has been recognized by 2015 edition of Chambers USA in the area of litigation—general commercial.
- Matthew Rinegar JD'11 has joined Schlumberger Ltd. in Houston as legal counsel, corporate. He previously practiced at Latham & Watkins.