News & Events for Alumni
Thursday, July 9, 2015, 6:00 PM
Wednesday, July 15, 2015, 6:30 PM
Thursday, July 16, 2015, 6:00 PM
Tuesday, July 21, 2015, 7:00 PM
Wednesday, July 22, 2015, 6:30 PM
Wednesday, July 29, 2015, 6:30 PM
Thursday, July 30, 2015, 12:00 PM
Duke Law News
- Siegel on Supreme Court marriage ruling: "The lawfulness of this decision is exceeded only by its decency"
- New names, renewed mission for Duke Law clinics focused on health justice
- Doedens, Blank, and Hogue '15 present Capstone Projects
- Podcast: Farahany discusses genetic engineering and "designer babies" Aspen Ideas To Go
- Duke Law co-hosting summer workshops for prospective applicants
- Skinner-Thompson JD/LLM '08 explains how Obergefell could help transgender rights Slate
- Podcast: Epps '91 discusses the Supreme Court's recent and forthcoming decisions Slate
- Sorrell '94 discusses Charleston shootings and "lessons I never wanted to teach" Dallas Morning News
- Washington '92 named senior vice chancellor and chief legal officer at University of Pittsburgh Pittsburgh Courier
- Sorrell '94 discusses the organic farm he started at Paul Quinn College in Dallas The Splendid Table
From the Campus: Alumni News
A few days before graduation, 24 students came together to express their gratitude to those who have donated to the Law School.
- Listen: #DukeLaw Prof. Charles discusses Supreme Court fair housing decision http://t.co/9xKtwzO1t0 - July 01, 2015
- Zelenak says tax software enables opaque tax provisions http://t.co/ljG5rWp6Yl - July 01, 2015
- Monast analyzes potential impact of Supreme Court EPA ruling on North Carolina http://t.co/pQchah7tqv - June 30, 2015
- Rice discusses costly trend: Chronic disease patients are paying for a larger percentage of prescription med costs http://t.co/aPupraEARq - June 30, 2015
- #DukeLaw @ProfGuyCharles will be on today's State of Things to discuss fair housing rules. https://t.co/gMeMvsQAFH - June 30, 2015
- Geovette Washington JD'92 , former general counsel and senior policy advisor in the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), is new senior vice chancellor and chief legal officer at the University of Pittsburgh.
- Sharon Fountain JD'82 has been named one of D Magazine’s “Best Lawyers in Dallas” for 2015 in the field of taxation. She has also been recognized by The Legal 500 US 2015 in the area of labor and employment law. Sharon practices at Thompson & Knight.
- Matthew Rinegar JD'11 has joined Schlumberger Ltd. in Houston as legal counsel, corporate. He previously practiced at Latham & Watkins.
- Nicole Crawford JD'03, a partner in the Greensboro, N.C. office of Brooks Pierce, has been recognized by Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business in the area of labor and employment.