News & Events for Alumni
Thursday, July 9, 2015, 6:00 PM
Wednesday, July 15, 2015, 6:30 PM
Thursday, July 16, 2015, 6:00 PM
Tuesday, July 21, 2015, 7:00 PM
Wednesday, July 22, 2015, 6:30 PM
Wednesday, July 29, 2015, 6:30 PM
Thursday, July 30, 2015, 12:00 PM
Duke Law News
- Siegel on Supreme Court marriage ruling: "The lawfulness of this decision is exceeded only by its decency"
- New names, renewed mission for Duke Law clinics focused on health justice
- Doedens, Blank, and Hogue '15 present Capstone Projects
- Podcast: Farahany discusses genetic engineering and "designer babies" Aspen Ideas To Go
- Duke Law co-hosting summer workshops for prospective applicants
- Skinner-Thompson JD/LLM '08 explains how Obergefell could help transgender rights Slate
- Podcast: Epps '91 discusses the Supreme Court's recent and forthcoming decisions Slate
- Sorrell '94 discusses Charleston shootings and "lessons I never wanted to teach" Dallas Morning News
- Washington '92 named senior vice chancellor and chief legal officer at University of Pittsburgh Pittsburgh Courier
- Sorrell '94 discusses the organic farm he started at Paul Quinn College in Dallas The Splendid Table
From the Campus: Alumni News
A few days before graduation, 24 students came together to express their gratitude to those who have donated to the Law School.
- McAllaster: #SCOTUS healthcare ruling means states can continue using federal funds to lower cost of HIV medication http://t.co/KQNUup1Xan - July 02, 2015
- Siegel: Supreme Court under Roberts still very conservative "with the notable exception of gay rights" http://t.co/BJSO4TylrK - July 02, 2015
- Listen: #DukeLaw Prof. Charles discusses Supreme Court fair housing decision http://t.co/9xKtwzO1t0 - July 01, 2015
- Zelenak says tax software enables opaque tax provisions http://t.co/ljG5rWp6Yl - July 01, 2015
- Monast analyzes potential impact of Supreme Court EPA ruling on North Carolina http://t.co/pQchah7tqv - June 30, 2015
- Geovette Washington JD'92 , former general counsel and senior policy advisor in the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), is new senior vice chancellor and chief legal officer at the University of Pittsburgh.
- Sharon Fountain JD'82 has been named one of D Magazine’s “Best Lawyers in Dallas” for 2015 in the field of taxation. She has also been recognized by The Legal 500 US 2015 in the area of labor and employment law. Sharon practices at Thompson & Knight.
- Jonathan Reich JD'10 chaired a committee of the North Carolina Captive Insurance Association which has created a Code of Ethics for its members. This first-in-the-nation Code requires all current and future NCCIA members to agree in writing to adhere to the Code’s 10 canons for ethical conduct. Jonathan practices in the Winston-Salem office of Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice.
- Alexandra Costanza JD'12 and Morgan Whitworth were married on May 30, 2015 in Carmel, Calif. Both are clerking in Florida, and will relocate to San Francisco in the fall.