Check back soon for more information. To get involved, contact email@example.com.
Student-Alumni Gathering - July 25, 2016
Local alumni and students in the area for the summer gathered together at this event, generously hosted by Steptoe & Johnson LLP.
Duke Forward Chicago - May 19, 2016
Duke Forward returned to Chicago. Alumni and friends gathered for an evening with some of Duke’s most inspiring and innovative faculty, alumni, and students. Sponsored by University Development, this event took place at Navy Pier – Festival Hall Convention Complex.
Duke Alums Engage - April 30, 2016
This year, Duke alumni voluteered at Great Lakes Academy Charter School, founded by fellow Duke alum, Katherine Myers-Crum (Trinity '01). Volunteers worked together to build planters to line the outside walls of the school building and fill them with flowers to beautify the students' entry into school. Those without a green thumb worked inside the school to sort and organize books to get the school's Lending Library up and running. Hosted by DAA.
Duke Chicago Entrepreneurship Event - November 18, 2015
The 5th Annual Duke Chicago Entrepreneurship Event was presented in partnership with DukeGEN, the Duke Alumni Association, Duke Law and the Fuqua School of Business. This year's panel was moderated by Dr. David T Robinson, J. Rex Distinguished Professor at the Fuqua School of Business, and featured three alumni whose careers in consulting, real estate, and capital management provided a robust and engaging conversation: TD Decker MBA'88, Fritz Duda JD'93, and Rob Khoury MBA '97.
Alumni Welcome Happy Hour - Tuesday, November 10, 2015
Alumni and friends were invited to join us for a Duke Law Club happy hour! This was a great opportunity for new alumni in the Chicago area to connect with other alums from the Law School.
Student-Alumni Happy Hour - June 24, 2015
Duke Law alumni in Chicago welcomed students working in the city for the summer and recent Duke Law graduates over casual drinks and conversations. This event was held at Rivers Restaurant from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Duke Alums Engage Chicago - May 9, 2015
Alumni, friends, and family partnered with Ravenswood Community Services to volunteer in the Chicago area. This event was sponsored by DAA and took place from 8:15 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
The 3rd Annual Duke Chicago Entrepreneurship Event - "Selling Your Company" - November 19, 2014
Duke entrepreneurial community joined together for a lively presentation and discussion. Mark Rampolla MBA’97 recently completed the sale of his ZICO Beverages LLC to Coca-Cola. Andy Ray AM’91, JD’91 recently oversaw the sale of Oculus VR to Facebook for $2 Billion. Both speakers discussed their respective careers to date, with particular emphasis on start-ups and the sale of companies. This event was presented in partnership with DukeGEN, the Duke Alumni Association, Duke Law and the Fuqua School of Business. The event took place at Edwards Wildman at 5:30 p.m.
A Luncheon and Conversation with John A. Canning, Jr. ’69, September 4, 2014
Duke law alums and friends attended a conversation over lunch between Dean David F. Levi and John A. Canning, Jr. which touched on topics such as the changing landscape of law firms and their clients, the private equity markets, and philanthropy in America. The event took place at The Chicago Club, 81 E. Van Buren Street at 12:00 p.m.
Duke Law Alumni-Student Gathering, August 4, 2014
Local alumni, students, and friends gathered for an Alumni-Student Gathering at Rivers Restaurant from 6:00 - 8:00pm. This was a great opportunity to network, reminisce, and meet new acquaintances.
Duke Alums Engage - April 12, 2014
Alumni, friends, and family participated in the Be The Match® Walk+Run. Volunteers helped raise critical funds to help match volunteer bone marrow donors with patients who have blood cancers, like leukemia or lymphoma.
Duke Forward in Chicago Launch - November 2, 2013
Alumni attended the Duke Forward in Chicago launch at the Hyatt Regency McCormick Place. As part of the Duke Forward campaign, the Law School has a goal of raising $85 million by 2017 to support the people and programs that make this Law School great. Learn more about the Law School's goal at http://law.duke.edu/campaign/.
Duke Law Club of Chicago: CLE & Alumni-Student Networking Lunch - July 10, 2013
Alumni, students, and friends joined together for a complimentary CLE & Alumni-Student Networking Lunch. The topic was "The government wants to throw the book at you for leaking information – what does that mean? A comparison of the legal plights of Edward Snowden and Daniel Ellsberg" with Michael Dockterman L’78, Senior Lecturing Fellow, Duke Law School. The event took place from 11:30am-1:00pm at Edwards Wildman.
Duke Alums Engage - April 20, 2013
Alumni, friends, and family volunteered with By the Hand, an after-school program with an emphasis on academics and a commitment to nurturing the whole child, paint and clean their gym in the Cabrini-Green neighborhood. More information can be found here.
Law Alumni Happy Hour with Prof. George Christie - March 13, 2013
Law alumni were invited to gather for drinks with George Christie, James B. Duke Professor of Law at Tavern at the Park.
- The Third Annual Entrepreneurship Dinner and Discussion - October 18, 2012
- Duke alumni and friends in the Chicago area gathered to attend The Third Annual Entrepreneurship Dinner and Discussion at The Gage. Featured guests included David T. Robinson, Professor of Finance, William and Sue Gross Distinguished Research Fellow, Fuqua School of Business; Jordan Curnes B’07, President & COO of MicroTransponder; and Judd Murphy B’02, Co-Owner of Birchwood Kitchen.
- Duke Law Chicago Reception – Aug. 2, 2012, 6:00 PM
- Members of the Duke Law community were invited to a reception celebrating Duke Law students working in Chicago this summer and alumni visiting for the 2012 ABA Annual Meeting. The reception was held at Edwards Wildman Palmer LLP. Special thanks to Michael Dockterman L'78 for hosting.
- The Duke Idea Chicago: "Lessons in Leadership with Coach K" - May 22, 2012
- Duke alumni and friends gathered with President Richard H. Brodhead for a conversation about the ideas that make a difference in people's lives. The president was joined by Mike Krzyzewski, Head Basketball Coach; Executive-in-Residence, Fuqua School of Business. The event was held at Lyric Opera's Civic Opera House.
- Duke Alums Engage Day of Service - Apr. 21, 2011
- Law alums in Chicago participated in a day of service, reflection, and fellowship with the Central Austin Neighborhood Association (CANA).
- Duke Law Club's Cocktails and Theater - Feb. 3, 2012
- Duke Law alums gathered at Petterino's for pre-theatre cocktails and attended the Goodman Theatre's well-reviewed production of the David Mamet play, "Race."
- Duke Law Club of Chicago Reception and CLE Presentation by Prof. Tom Metzloff - Oct. 27, 2011
- Alumni gathered for a reception and CLE presentation by Duke Law Professor Thomas Metzloff on "The Commerce Clause and the Health Care Case: Perspectives from Gonzales v. Raich." Sincere thanks to the law firm of Edwards Wildman for hosting.
- Duke Law School and The Fuqua School of Business Entrepreneurship Dinner and Discussion - Sept. 6, 2011
- With Duke Law Dean David F. Levi and Chicago entrepreneur John A. Canning, Jr., Duke Law '69. This event took place at The Gage in Chicago and was open to all members of the Duke community in Chicago.
- Duke Law School and The Fuqua School of Business Entrepreneurship Dinner and Panel Discussion - Sept. 23, 2010
- Duke Law School, The Fuqua School of Business and the Duke Alumni Association held an entrepreneurship dinner and panel discussion moderated by James D. Cox, Brainerd Currie Professor of Law. This event was presented by the Duke Law Club of Chicago and the Fuqua Alumni Club of Chicago. Location: The Gage
- Duke Law Club of Chicago Alumni and Students Mixer at Flatwater - June 2, 2011
- Duke Law alumni held a social and networking mixer at Flatwater Restaurant and welcomed Duke Law summer students to Chicago.
- Duke Law Club of Chicago Reception featuring a discussion with Professor Sara Sun Beale - April 14, 2010
- Chicago area Duke Law alumni celebrated the newly formed Duke Law Club of Chicago with a reception featuring Professor Sara Sun Beale, Charles L. B. Lowndes Professor of Law. Professor Beale gave an update on the law school, graduating class of 2009 as well as the class of 2012. The event was hosted by Kirkland & Ellis LLP. See pictures from this event.