The Duke way
» Public service is a core value of the legal profession and central to the Duke Law experience.
Prof. Sam Buell discusses his new book on the rise of criminal behavior in corporations and why it’s so difficult to prosecute.
Emerging tools for more equitable policy
» Professor Matthew Adler co-edited the new Oxford Handbook of Well-Being and Public Policy.
Duke Law Alumni Trip and Reunion
Israel and Petra – June 14-24, 2015
Istanbul, Turkey (optional trip extension) – June 24-28, 2015
Every few years, Duke Law chooses a special destination for an alumni trip and reunion, a chance to see another part of our world while gathering with classmates and friends. In 2013, we had an unforgettable trip to Chile and Argentina. Before that, we made marvelous visits to Germany, China, and Switzerland. In recent years, the alumni community has expressed great interest in exploring Israel and the surrounding area, in the extraordinary way that only Duke Law can offer. We hope you'll join us for this unparalleled opportunity to explore Israel, Petra, and Turkey:
- A 10-day insider's tour with Duke Law faculty and leadership, experts on the ground, and fellow alumni from around the world
- Tours of historical, religious, and local attractions, including the Old City of Jerusalem, the Israel Museum, Tel Aviv, Rabin Square, the Golan Heights, and Yad Vashem, a living memorial to the Holocaust
- Meetings with ambassadors, dignitaries, judges, and government officials at the Knesset and the Supreme Court of Israel
- Discussions and tours with local journalists, historians, and archaeologists
- Visits to start-up companies along Rothschild Boulevard in Tel Aviv, which has the largest concentration of start-ups per square meter in the world
- Receptions with local alumni and law firms
- And much more!
- An optional extension of the trip to include a four-day tour of Istanbul, Turkey
- Review the agenda, and register today!