The annual celebration of the Law School’s international students and scholars will be held Sept. 23 – 27.
New Duke Law center will delve into science of criminal justice
The Center for Science and Justice, led by Professor Brandon Garrett, will apply legal and scientific research to reforming the criminal justice system.
Welcoming the LLM Class of 2020
Ninety-six accomplished attorneys from 39 countries began their LLM studies on Aug. 19
Travel Tips and Transportation
What to Pack
Suggested attire for Alumni Reunion Weekend is casual with the exception of the evening events:
- Friday Kick-off Celebration: Suggested attire is business casual.
- Saturday Class Dinners: Suggested attire is business formal or cocktail attire.
Airport Shuttle Service
Alumni staying at local hotels can arrange transportation either by taxi or via local airport shuttle services:
|RDU Airport Taxi||919-840-7277|
|Airport & Intown Taxi||919-942-4492|
|Brad’s Airport Transportation||800-467-3302|
|On Time Taxi||919-493-5050|
Maps and Directions
For maps to popular campus locations and reunion event sites, check out the Duke Online Map. The Law School is located on the corner of Science Drive and Towerview Road.
During the day on Friday and throughout the weekend, alumni are welcome to park in the new garage on the corner of Science Drive and Cameron Boulevard. Be sure to use the entrance on 751/Cameron Boulevard for free access. During the evening on Friday and during the day on Saturday, an attendant will allow guests into the Law School Lot (on Towerview Road). Overflow parking will be available in the Chemistry Lot (across Towerview Road from the Law School Lot; entrance off of Circuit Drive).
- Duke Law School will provide complimentary shuttle service between the Washington Duke Inn, JB Duke Hotel, and Duke Law School throughout the weekend. Additional information about on-campus shuttles will be available in spring 2020.
Uber/Lyft and Rideshare Services
Duke Univeristy has designated specific uber/lyft drop off and pick up zones around West Campus. More information and a detailed map of these locations is available here.
Recreation & Exercise
Alumni and guests are welcome to use the on-campus recreation ceners, which offer weights, cardio machines, and more. Just show your PitPass to gain entrance!
- Wilson (West Campus): https://recreation.duke.edu/facilities/wilson-recreation-center
- Brodie (East Campus): https://recreation.duke.edu/facilities/brodie-recreation-center
Duke Athletics Events
Many alumni enjoy attending various Duke Athletics events while back on campus for reunion. Additional information about home games during reunion weekend will be shared here as schedules become available.
Duke visitors will be able to access complimentary WiFi on campus using the network "DukeVisitor" or "DukeOpen." These two networks are free to visitors and work in most locations on campus. Instructions are below:
- Open you network preferences and look for a network called "DukeOpen," which should be available to you across campus. Select this network.
- Open a browser. You should see the "welcome" message pertaiing to the visitor network.
- Click Continue to connect to your normal start page.
- Note that the network cuts you off automatically after an hour of inactivity.
Durham Area Golf Courses
|Duke University Golf Club||919-681-2288|
|Lakeshore Golf Course||919-596-2401|
|Hillandale Golf Course||919-286-4211|
Additional Information about Durham
Visit the Durham Convention and Visitors' Bureau for additional places to stay and things to do around Durham.
Professional child care, refreshments, and activities will be available at the Law School on Friday evening and at the Children's Dinner at the Washington Duke Inn on Saturday evening. Registration fees apply. Additional babysitting and child care arrangements should be made directly by alumni. Some options are available through care.com. These referrals are not an endorsement of any organization, website, or individuals.