Distinguished Chair awards
» Baxter, Blocher, Brewster, Garrett, Jones, Newman, and Wettach honored with distinguished professorships.
D.C. Institute offers introduction to law school
Dean Levi to teach alongside U.S. Senator and former White House advisor
Kerry Abrams selected as next dean of Duke Law School
Abrams, vice provost for faculty affairs and professor of law at the University of Virginia, is a leading scholar of immigration and family law.
“It does something to your soul ... when everyone at risk of losing their homes looks like you.”
POLITICO highlights Duke Law’s Jesse McCoy and the Civil Justice Clinic.
A convocation celebration
Family, friends, and faculty join graduates to celebrate the Class of 2018.
Travel Tips and Transportation
What to Pack
Suggested attire for Alumni Reunion Weekend is casual with the exception of the evening events:
- Friday Kick-off Celebration: Suggested attire is business casual.
- Saturday Class Dinners: Suggested attire is business formal or cocktail attire.
Airport Shuttle Service
Alumni staying at local hotels can arrange transportation either by taxi or via local airport shuttle services:
|RDU Airport Taxi||919-840-7277|
|Airport & Intown Taxi||919-942-4492|
|Brad’s Airport Transportation||800-467-3302|
|On Time Taxi||919-493-5050|
Maps and Directions
For maps to popular campus locations and reunion event sites, check out the Duke Online Map. The Law School is located on the corner of Science Drive and Towerview Road.
Complimentary parking will be available at the following locations throughout Reunion Weekend:
- Science Drive Visitory Garage at the corner of Science Drive and Cameron Blvd. Please use the Cameron Blvd. entrance for free access.
- Law School Lot on Friday 4/13 from 7:00 - 10:00 p.m. and Saturday 4/14 from 6:00 - 10:00 p.m. Please let the attendant know that you are attending Duke Law Reunion Weekend.
- Overflow parking will be available at the Chemistry Lot on Friday 4/13 from 7:00 - 10:00 p.m. and Saturday 4/14 from 6:00 - 10:00 p.m. Please let the attendant know that you are attending Duke Law Reunion Weekend.
Duke Law School will provide the following complimentary shuttles throughout Reunion Weekend.
|Friday, April 13||6:45 p.m. - 12:00 a.m.||Washington Duke Inn, JB Duke Hotel, Duke Law School|
|Saturday, April 14||8:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.||Washington Duke Inn, JB Duke Hotel, Duke Law School|
|Saturday, April 14||1:45 p.m.||Transporting Class of 2008 to Carolina Ale House for Class Gathering|
|Saturday, April 14||2:15 p.m. (departure); 3:30 p.m. (return)||Transportation between Duke Law School and Lemur Center for Tour|
|Saturday, April 14||2:30 p.m. (departure); 3:45 p.m. (return)||Durham Bus Tour departing from and returning to Duke Law School|
|Saturday, April 14||2:45 p.m. (departure); 4:30 p.m. (return)||Transportaiton between Washington Duke Inn and Fullsteam Brewery for Class of 2013 Gathering|
|Saturday, April 14||4:15 p.m. (departure); 6:15 p.m. (return)||Transportation between Washington Duke Inn and Class of 1963 Reception|
|Saturday, April 14||4:45 p.m. (departure); 6:30 p.m. (return)||Transportation between Washington Duke Inn and Class of 1973 Reception|
Uber/Lyft and Rideshare Services
Duke Univeristy has designated specific uber/lyft drop off and pick up zones around West Campus. More information and a detailed map of these locations is available here.
Duke Law School will provide professional child care, refreshments, and activities for children ages 2-12 throughout Reunion Weekend. See below for our schedule of child care and contact Conference Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-660-1760 to add childcare options to your Reunion registration.
|Friday, April 13||7:00 - 10:30 p.m.||Childcare and Children's Activities at Duke Law School||$25.00/child|
|Saturday, April 14||9:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.||HappymessART Activities for Kids||$35.00/child|
|Saturday, April 14||6:00 - 9:30 p.m.||Children's Dinner at the Washington Duke Inn||$55.00/child|
Recreation & Exercise
Alumni and guests are welcome to use the on-campus recreation ceners, which offer weights, cardio machines, and more. Just show your PitPass to gain entrance!
- Wilson (West Campus): https://recreation.duke.edu/facilities/wilson-recreation-center
- Brodie (East Campus): https://recreation.duke.edu/facilities/brodie-recreation-center
Duke visitors will be able to access complimentary WiFi on campus using the network "DukeVisitor" or "DukeOpen." These two networks are free to visitors and work in most locations on campus. Instructions are below:
- Open you network preferences and look for a network called "DukeOpen," which should be available to you across campus. Select this network.
- Open a browser. You should see the "welcome" message pertaiing to the visitor network.
- Click Continue to connect to your normal start page.
- Note that the network cuts you off automatically after an hour of inactivity.
Durham Area Golf Courses
|Duke University Golf Club||919-681-2288|
|Lakeshore Golf Course||919-596-2401|
|Hillandale Golf Course||919-286-4211|
Additional Information about Durham
Visit the Durham Convention and Visitors' Bureau for additional places to stay and things to do around Durham.