Meet our Students
- The 220 students in the JD Class of 2022 represent 112 undergraduate institutions and 20 countries, including Canada, China, Iran, South Korea, and Mexico.
- Mario N. Moreno ’21 is spending his summer as a 2019 Latham & Watkins 1L Fellow, one of 12 law students from around the country chosen to participate in the program designed to encourage diversity and inclusion within the legal profession.
The first time you’re cold-called in class is a rite of passage for law students, but it didn’t faze Sam Howe ’19, who spent eight years in the U.S. Marine Corps before coming to Duke Law.
- Bryant Wright '19 calls his work on a First Amendment Clinic case that moved from intake to settlement over the course of two semesters the most rewarding experience of his time at Duke Law.
- Elizabeth Tobierre '19 says she found the right balance of doctrinal studies and hands-on work at Duke, as well as multiple mentors and role models among the faculty.
- At Duke, Meredith George '19 earned a Public Interest and Public Service (PIPS) Certificate along with her JD.
- For Ramirez, the president of the Latin American Law Students Association (LALSA) and a student officer of the Immigrant and Refugee Project, the path to a JD has been marked by hardship, perseverance and, above all, dedication to family.
For Ada Lin, studying law at Duke promises to add a new dimension to the experience on civil rights issues she gained while on the staff of the ACLU National Prison Project in Wash
- The murder of three young people by a neighbor at a Chapel Hill apartment complex on Feb. 10, 2015, shocked the Triangle, garnered national headlines, and profoundly influenced both Shajuti Hossain’s academic and extracurricular focus at Duke Law.
- First Generation Professionals (1GP) is an enhancement program that pairs students in that situation with upper-year student and alumni mentors, and organizes events targeted to their interests, such as small-group conversations with faculty, representatives of law firms, and insights into professional etiquette.