Post an Opportunity
The interview process at Duke Law School is facilitated by Symplicity, a web-based recruiting system and job bank used for OCI, resume collects and job postings. See below for instructions on how to access Symplicity to post jobs and collect student resumes. If you have questions or need assistance with your Symplicity account, please contact Susan Anderson.
For opportunity postings throughout the academic year (or year-round for alumni opportunities):
1. Log onto https://law-duke-csm.symplicity.com/employers
2. Enter your Duke Law User ID and password Click on “Jobs / Resume Collect” tab
3. Under the “Job Postings” sub-tab, click “Add New”
4. Complete the form and click “Submit”
Please note that jobs for 1L students must be set to open no earlier than late October each year (exact date for 2022 TBD).
Pre-OCI Resume Collects
Offices that wish to receive early applications from Duke Law rising 2Ls and 3Ls, or that are unable to participate in OCI, are encouraged to post positions via five Pre-OCI Resume Collect sessions over Summer 2022.
The following student application deadlines are available for summer 2022:
- June 17 (student deadline 12pm ET – employer packets available by 1pm ET)
- July 1 (student deadline 12pm ET – employer packets available by 1pm ET)
- July 1 IP ONLY session (student deadline 12pm ET – employer packets available by 1pm ET)
- July 15 (student deadline 12pm ET – employer packets available by 1pm ET)
- July 29 (student deadline 12pm ET – employer packets available by 1pm ET)
Employers may set up postings to receive applications in one packet on the session deadline, or may opt to have students apply directly on a rolling basis via email or the employer website. Pre-OCI Resume Collects postings will be viewable to students on May 5, 2022. Spring semester grades are typically provided to students in mid-June.
If you are posting a Resume Collect in addition to your OCI schedule, please include the following language in both the Pre-OCI Resume Collect and OCI postings:
“In addition to participation in OCI Segment I, the [location] office of [organization name] will accept 2023 summer associate applications via the [date] deadline Pre-OCI Resume Collect session. Students who do not receive an interview invitation through this early submission process are encouraged to submit a bid for OCI Segment I.”
If you need assistance with setting up your Resume Collect, please contact Susan Anderson. Employers preferring later application deadlines for rising 2L and rising 3L may post opportunities via the Job Postings tab in Symplicity starting in August 2022.
There are no fees to participate in Pre-OCI Resume Collects. Registration for Summer 2022 Pre-OCI Resume Collects will open via Symplicity on February 21, 2022. Employer registration will close for each session at 12pm ET, three business days before the session deadline date.