On Campus Interviews Segment I (Virtual Interviews)
Thank you for your interest in Duke Law School! We hope you will join us for OCI Segment I in 2023! OCI Segment I is scheduled by a 100% lottery process, with interviews hosted virtually via Flo Recruit. Employer registration will open in February 2023. Details and dates below are subject to change prior to registration opening. To speak with our recruiting team, please contact Erin Biggerstaff or Susan Anderson.
Please review our Recruiting Policies & Guidelines before registering for Duke Law On Campus Interviews (OCI). By registering for OCI, employers recruiting at Duke Law are agreeing to adhere to these policies.
Employers recruiting at Duke Law should review Duke University's full Non-Discrimination Policy and check the section in your OCI Schedule Request labeled "Duke University School of Law Non-Discriminatory Policy" to affirm your organization's compliance.
Grading of Academic Performance: Duke Law School does not release class rank and uses a slightly modified form of the familiar 4.0 scale. For more information, please review Duke Law School’s full Grading Policy.
Important Dates for OCI Segment I
|Registration opens:||February 20, 2023, 12PM Noon ET|
|Notification of assigned OCI date:||Rolling basis beginning March 13, 2023|
|Recommended employer registration deadline:||April 21, 2023, 12PM noon ET|
|List of participating employers available to students:||Early May, 2023|
|Final registration deadline (email to inquire about registration after this date):||July 5, 2023, noon ET|
|OCI student bidding:||July 7-14, 2023|
|OCI schedules available to employers:||July 26, 2023, by 5PM ET|
|OCI interview dates:||August 1-4, 2023|
|Upper-Level classes begin:||TBD – late August 2023|
How to Register
To register for OCI Segment I interview schedules, please visit the OCI tab in Symplicity starting on February 20, 12pm noon ET, to schedule request under the OCI tab. To register for a Virtual Hospitality Suite, please email Erin Biggerstaff.
OCI Segment I interviews are assigned via lottery. Interviews will be conducted virtually via Flo Recruit. You can learn more about Flo Recruit in the Flo Recruit Virtual Interviews Guide. Additional program logistics will be available in mid-April 2023. To learn more about Virtual Hospitality Suite options and logistics, please email Erin Biggerstaff.
Policies and Fees for OCI Segment I
Interview Date Assignments
Interview date assignments for OCI Segment I will cycle each year. For example, employers that were assigned to the first or second available interview day in August 2022 will be assigned to the third or fourth interview day in August 2023. While we cannot guarantee employer interview date preferences for OCI Segment I, we will do our best to accommodate your date and scheduling preferences when possible. If you have special scheduling needs (such as interview time slots better suited to your time zone or a preference to split your interviews over more than one day), please include those in your schedule notes when registering, or email Erin Biggerstaff.
- 1 to 99 attorney organizations; government; public interest: no charge
- 100 or more attorney (private sector) organizations: $500 per virtual room
Virtual Hospitality Suite Fees
$500 per employer. Limited space is available each day during OCI Segment I for virtual employer hospitality suites. For more information and to reserve a hospitality suite, please contact Erin Biggerstaff. Hospitality suite registration is not viewable in Symplicity.
Please review our cancellation policy below in advance of submitting your OCI schedule / hospitality suite request. Invoices will be sent to the contact listed on the OCI schedule via email starting in mid-March 2023. Fees are due two weeks from the receipt of your invoice.
Please make your check payable to Duke University School of Law and mail it to:Susan Anderson 210 Science Drive, Box 90367 Durham, NC 27708-0367
Questions about invoicing and payment can be directed to Susan Anderson.
OCI Segment I Cancellation Policy
- Schedule and hospitality suite fees for early cancellations (made prior to 12pm ET, April 21, 2023) are eligible for a full refund or full waiver of outstanding invoice.
- Schedule and hospitality suite fees for late cancellations (made prior to 12pm ET, July 5, 2023) are eligible for a half refund or 50% waiver to outstanding invoice.
- Schedule and hospitality suite fees for cancellations made after 12pm ET, July 5, 2023 are not refundable. Outstanding invoice fees will not be waived after this date.
Cover Letters and Transcripts
Due to the volume of employers participating in OCI Segment I, employers may not request cover letters or statements of interest from students at any point during the OCI Segment I process. Employers are allowed to request unofficial transcripts, writing samples, and/or references during OCI Segment I bidding. These documents, if requested, will be downloadable from Symplicity when schedules are released on July 26, 2023. Student documents will not be accessible via Flo Recruit for OCI Segment I.
As OCI Segment I is a 100% lottery program, employers using online assessment tools can not require that students complete these assessments prior to the screening interview, and may not post links for students to complete online assessments via the OCI schedule page in Symplicity. If you would like students on your OCI schedule to complete an assessment prior to the callback interview, you may contact them directly with this request after OCI schedules are released on July 26, 2023.
Additional 2023 Recruitment Programs:
- Duke Law Pre-OCI Resume Collects: Offices unable to participate in OCI, or that would like to receive early applications from Duke Law students in addition to OCI, are encouraged to collect application materials via five Pre-OCI Resume Collect sessions in Symplicity. Employers may choose from the following sessions (each indicates the deadline application date for students, and the date employers receive application materials): June 16, June 30, June 30 [IP Only], July 14, and July 28. Learn more here.
- Government & Public Interest OCI (GPI OCI): Learn more here.
- OCI Segment II: Employers preferring later interview dates may register for OCI Segment II. Segment II interviews may be scheduled between August 21-September 29, 2023 and may be scheduled as virtual or in-person interviews Learn more here.
- “Jobs Postings” tab in Symplicity: Employers preferring later application deadlines for upper level postings (August or later) may post positions under the “Jobs Postings / Resume Collect” tab in Symplicity Learn more here.