The Law School facilitates student participation in many different job fairs throughout the year to give students opportunities to engage with a variety of employers. Most of the job fairs listed below do not have registration fees for students. For those that do, the Career Center is often able to cover this cost for students. Please contact Abby Phillips in the Career Center if you have questions regarding job fair registration or fees. Students are responsible for their own travel arrangements.
For information on the On Tour Interview Programs happening in Houston, Dallas, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Chicago and Miami, please visit the On Tour Interview website, or contact Erin Biggerstaff .
- 7/24/15 & 7/25/15 - The Southeastern Minority Job Fair (SEMJF). The fair will be held on Friday, July 24 & Saturday, July 25, 2015, at the Hyatt Regency Suites Atlanta Northwest in Marietta, Georgia. Participating students must pre-register here by 12 noon ET, April 20. A complete time line and other information may be found at www.semjf.org.
- 7/25/15 - The Bay Area Diversity Career Fair. This event will take place Saturday, July 25, 2015 at the Hilton San Francisco Financial District. The Bay Area Diversity Career Fair attracts hiring representatives from the Bay Area's most prominent law firms and government legal departments. Only law students who will have completed their first year of law school by the time of interviews are eligible to participate. Students can register online starting Monday, May 18. The registration and bidding deadline is Sunday, June 14, 2015.
- 7/28/15 - The Southeastern Intellectual Property Job Fair (SIPJF). Student registration for SIPJF begins April 29. The fair will be held for rising 2L and 3L students with Resume Collect opportunities for recent graudates by Georgia State University College of Law in Atlanta, Georgia. The deadline for student registration is May 20.
- 7/30/15 & 7/31/15 - Loyola Patent Law Interview Program. This is a two-day interview program held in Chicago each summer that brings together patent law employers and law students from across the country to interview for summer associate positions and post-graduate employment. Job Fair will be held on July 30 and July 31 at the Embassy Suites Chicago - Downtown/Lakefront, 511 N. Columbus Drive. Student registration begins on February 9, 2015 and ends on March 9, 2015 at 5:00 PM CST. There is no cost for students to register. The student bidding deadline for this fair has been extended to 11:59 p.m. EST on Sunday, May 3.
- 8/4/15 - The Boston Lawyers Group Boston Job Fairs for Law Students of Color. The Boston Job fair will be held on August 4, 2015, at the Sheraton Boston Hotel, 39 Dalton Street, Boston, MA. For more information, please visit the "how to register" page and the FAQ.
- 8/5/15 - 8/7/15 - Lavender Law (LGBT Job Fair). Visit the Lavender Law website for more details.
- 8/6/15 & 8/7/15 - Indianapolis Bar Association Diversity Job Fair This event will take place at the Hilton Indianapolis Hotel & Suites. More information can be found here.
- 8/7/15 - Minnesota Minority Recruitment Conference. The Minnesota Minority Recruitment Conference (MMRC) is an annual event that connects the largest legal employers in the Minneapolis / St. Paul area with diverse 2L and 3L candidates from around the country. Taking place on Friday, August 7, 2014 at the University of St. Thomas School of Law. Student registration opens April 24, 2015 and closes June 5, 2015. Please register here. For more information including imprtant dates and deadlines, please read the student invitation.
- 8/8/15 - Delaware Minority Job Fair. Taking place on August 8, 2015 at the Wilmington, Delaware campus of Widener University School of Law. The job fair, an invitation-only event, is limited to students interested in summer or full-time employment opportunities in Delaware who will be in their second or third year of law school (or their extended division equivalent) during the 2015-16 academic year. To apply for an invitation to the Job Fair, please register, upload the required documents (resume, personal statement, and undergraduate and law school transcripts), and submit your bids to the Job Fair's Symplicity recruiting site (https://law-dmpd-csm.symplicity.com/students) by 11:59 p.m. ET on Wednesday, May 27, 2015.
- 8/14/15 - Cook County Bar Association Minority Job Fair. Registration for this job fair is now closed. Student registration for the CCBA Minority Job fair will be open on March 16. This year's Job Fair will be held on Friday, August 14, 2015 at the Embassy Suites Chicago - Downtown/Lakefront, located at 511 N. Columbus Drive, Chicago, Illinois 60611. The CCBA Job Fair primarily is designed to obtain summer associate positions for rising 2Ls (current 1Ls) during their second summer in law school. When registering, please list Abby Phillips as the Law School contact. Please read the Student Brochure for important details regarding the fair. The law student registration deadline is May 15 at 11:59 p.m. CST.
- 8/21/15 & 8/22/15 - Heartland Diversity Legal Job Fair. The Heartland Diversity Legal Job Fair (HDLJF) will be held August 21-22, 2015, in Kansas City, Missouri at the Crowne Plaza Hotel. The deadline for the early bird registration window is June 5, 2015. The final deadline for registering is July 3, 2015.
- 8/22/2015 - Northwest Minority Job Fair. This event will take place on August 22, 2015 in Seattle, Washington and is hosted by Perkins Coie. Student Registration ends June 19, 2015.
- 9/2/2015 - 9/5/2015 - Hispanic National Bar Association Career Fair. The HNBA Convention will take place in Boston from September 2-5, 2015. The Convention will gather hundreds of attorneys, judges, and law students for an engaging and comprehensive program that includes Continuing Legal Education (CLE Panels) on cutting edge topics with leading practitioners, national policy makers, and experts from across the country.
- 10/23/15 & 10/24/15 - Equal Justice Works Conference & Career Fair. This career fair is the largest public interest career fair in the country and the only event solely dedicated to law students. Beginning around the middle of August, 2L and 3L students are invited to apply to jobs and internship postings, from which employers will review resumes and invite students to interview during the career fair. There are also conference sessions and Table Talk for all class years. For more information about EJW, please contact Emily Sharples in the Office of Public Interest Advising.
Other job fairs with dates not yet updated:
- 8/1/14 - Rocky Mountain Diversity Legal Career Fair Registration for this job fair is now closed. The RMDLCF will take place on Friday, August 1, 2014, at Sports Authority Field at Mile High in Denver, Colorado. Student registration ends on June 10, 2014. For more information and to register for the Career Fair, please visit rmdlcf.com or RMDLCF Symplicity.
- 8/2/14 -Dupont Minority Job Fair. Registration for the Dupont Minority Job Fair is now closed. The 21st Annual DuPont sponsored Minority Job Fairs in Wilmington, Houston and Los Angeles are scheduled for Saturday, August 2, 2014. See http://www.dupontlegalmodel.com/diversity/dupont-legal-minority-job-fairs/ for more information.
- 8/8/14 & 8/9/14 - The St. Louis Diversity Job Fair. Registration for this job fair is now closed. The St. Louis Diversity Job Fair will be held on Friday, August 8 and Saturday, August 9, 2014. The Job Fair will be held at the Polsinelli law offices, 100 S. 4th Street, Suite 1100, St. Louis, Missouri. Registration and bidding can be completed at to https://law-sldjf-csm.symplicity.com/. Students may register and bid in May, 2013, with registration ending on May 30, and bidding begins in June. For additional information regarding the sixth annual St. Louis Diversity Job Fair, please visit www.stldiversityjobfair.com. Students who need financial assistance may contact Danielle Carr at firstname.lastname@example.org. The application that must be completed in order to be considered for a stipend must be submitted by Tuesday, July 1, 2014 at midnight (CST).
- 8/16/2014 - Tri-State Diversity Recruiting Program - Registration for the Tri-State fair is now closed. This event will take place on August 16, 2014 at the Galt House Hotel in Louisville, Kentucky. Please complete the Student Registration Form by August 2, 2014.