The Community Enterprise Clinic represents community-based development organizations and low-wealth entrepreneurs engaged in a wide range of community development transactions. In addition, many need access to corporate counsel to strengthen their organizations. The Community Enterprise Clinic represents clients on a wide range of transactional matters including:
- The development of affordable housing;
- The development of commercial real estate;
- Business formation, maintenance and expansion;
- Projects that promote economic development, job creation and asset development;
- Public policy initiatives; and
- Capital formation activities.
If your organization's legal needs fit with those listed above, we encourage you to contact the Community Enterprise Clinic to determine whether we can assist with your transaction.
Solving Real World Problems
"Durham Community Land Trustees is a community-controlled organization that builds and renovates homes for low-income Durham residents. The Clinic has helped us plan for the future by helping us understand our options as co-developers of housing tax credit developments. The expertise, ability to communicate with community leaders, and good judgment of the Clinic staff has been a tremendously valuable resource for the Land Trust."
— Lanier Blum, Durham Community Land Trustees