Meet the JD class of 2021
First-year students talk about the diverse paths that led them to Duke Law School.
Read about the Law School’s 15th dean, an innovative scholar and teacher and a decisive leader who listens, in Duke Law Magazine.
Duke Law welcomes LLM class of 2019
Students from 35 countries will learn about the U.S. legal system and specialized areas of law.
Durham - The Bull City
The secret is out: Durham is a great place to live. No matter how you slice it, the quality of life, available opportunities, and prospects for growth are better here than just about anywhere in America. It's easy to see why — natural beauty, low cost of living, big city amenities, accessibility to the coast and mountains, and great weather for most of the year. But don't just take our word for it. Here are a few of the recent accolades heaped on the Bull City.
Praise for Durham seemingly never stops, so check the Durham Convention and Visitors Bureau for the most recent accolades.
Durham also has received some great coverage in national and local media in recent years:
- Vogue's Why Durham Is North Carolina’s Hippest City
- Salon's The best places to live in America: How college towns perfected the city
- The Atlantic's Is a Different Kind of Silicon Valley Possible?: Durham is trying to build a successful start-up sector that addresses the industry's diversity problems from the get-go
- Forbes lists Raleigh/Durham as one of "10 Up And Coming Cities for Entrepreneurs"
- BuzzFeed's 34 Amazing Things That Will Make You Fall In Love With Durham N.C.
- The Chronicle explores the history of Durham's food culture
- New York Times: A Corner of Durham, N.C. Comes to Life
- New York Times' The Pour
- New York Times' 36 Hours in Durham, N.C.
- Huffington Post: Insanely Beautiful Public Gardens You Need to See
- Movoto: 27 Things People From Durham Can’t Live Without
- 24/7 Wall St: The ten most educated cities in the U.S.
- Business Insider: Durham named one of the hottest American cities for 2016
Watch Law and Place: A History of Durham, a video about the Bull City, and peruse this site to see why we love Durham – and why we think you’ll love it, too.