Environmental Law Newsletter – 2017
Read about the Environmental Law and Policy Clinic’s first 10 years, a new book on regulating after crises, faculty scholarship, and more.
On the Ground
Students share their experiences working with asylum-seeking families at a south Texas detention center.
Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg and Prof. Siegel discuss the Court’s recent and upcoming terms, the importance of consensus, and Ginsburg’s legacy at D.C. Summer Institute event.
Durham - The Bull City
The secret is out: Durham is a great place to live. No matter how you slice it, the quality of life, available opportunities, and prospects for growth are better here than just about anywhere in America. It's easy to see why — natural beauty, low cost of living, big city amenities, accessibility to the coast and mountains, and great weather for most of the year. But don't just take our word for it. Here are a few of the recent accolades heaped on the Bull City.
Praise for Durham seemingly never stops, so check the Durham Convention and Visitors Bureau for the most recent accolades.
Durham also has received some great coverage in national and local media in recent years:
- Vogue's Why Durham Is North Carolina’s Hippest City
- Salon's The best places to live in America: How college towns perfected the city
- The Atlantic's Is a Different Kind of Silicon Valley Possible?: Durham is trying to build a successful start-up sector that addresses the industry's diversity problems from the get-go
- Forbes lists Raleigh/Durham as one of "10 Up And Coming Cities for Entrepreneurs"
- BuzzFeed's 34 Amazing Things That Will Make You Fall In Love With Durham N.C.
- Google selects Durham as part of Tech Hub Network
- Southern Living Names Durham "The South's Tastiest Town"
- The Chronicle explores the history of Durham's food culture
- New York Times: A Corner of Durham, N.C. Comes to Life
- New York Times' The Pour
- New York Times' 36 Hours in Durham, N.C.
- New York Times’ Choice Tables
- New York Times’ 41 Places to Go
- New York Times’ 36 Hours in Research Triangle
- Huffington Post: Insanely Beautiful Public Gardens You Need to See
- Movoto: 27 Things People From Durham Can’t Live Without
- 24/7 Wall St: The ten most educated cities in the U.S.
- Delta Magazine
- Duke Magazine: Bull Rising
- Business Insider: Durham named one of the hottest American cities for 2016
Watch Decidedly Durham, a video about the Bull City, and peruse this site to see why we love Durham – and why we think you’ll love it, too.