The second International Alumni and Student Dinner was held on January 27, 2011, at the Netherland Club of New York. More than 100 guests and sponsors attended the event, raising over $35,000 for LLM scholarships and programs. The members of the New York-based International Advisory Group, particularly Lin Chua (LLM ’00), James Bergin (LLM ’93), Yair Zorea (LLM ’03) and Elodie Gal (LLM ’06), worked very hard to make this dinner a resounding success. The featured speaker was Gary Lynch (JD ’75), Vice Chairman of Morgan Stanley, who discussed increasing globalization of law and finance in the wake of financial crisis of 2008-2009 and the importance of emerging markets to the global economic recovery. Also attending were Dean David Levi, Jeff Coates, Bruce Elvin (JD ’93) and Gail Cutter from the Law School’s Development and Career Services offices, as well as Judy Horowitz, Jennifer Maher (JD ’83), and Oleg Kobelev from the International Studies office. Special thanks to our law firm sponsors, Weil Gothsal & Manges (Gold Sponsor), Dewey & LeBoeuf (Silver Sponsor), Covington & Burling, Cravath, Swaine & Moore, and Hungton & Williams, as well as individual sponsors Lin Chua (LLM ’00) and Evert Vink.
2011 International Alumni and Student Dinner - Jan. 27, 2011
- Reunion '16 Class Dinners - April 16, 2016
- Reunion '16 - Alumni Family Picnic & BBQ - April 16, 2016
- Reunion Kick-Off Celebration - April, 15, 2016
- Lanty L. Smith Society, Barrister Donor Society, and Heritage Society member reception - April 15, 2016
- Reflections on Integration and the Transformation of Duke and Durham with Eric Michaux '66 - April, 15, 2016