During an April 2012 reception, 20 graduating JD students and four LLM students were honored by the Public Interest and Pro Bono Office for their extraordinary commitment to pro bono service. Students received pins to commemorate their pro bono service to programs such as the Refugee Asylum Support Project, the Innocence Project, the Veteran’s Disability Assistance Project, the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance program, Guardian Ad Litem, and Street Law,among others. Many also worked in Duke Law clinics and externships that focused on legal aid. Collectively, the group contributed more than 3,000 hours of pro bono service.
Public Interest & Pro Bono Awards Reception - April 2012
- International Student-Alumni Dinner - Jan. 28, 2016
- Careers in International Law: International Trade & Development, a Conversation with John Simpkins '99 - Feb. 4, 2016
- Fourteenth Annual ESQ Career Symposium - Jan. 29-30, 2016
- The EPA's Clean Power Plan: A Discussion of the Past, Present, and Future - Jan. 27, 2016
- Pies & Cider with OSA - November 19, 2015