During an April 2012 reception, 20 graduating JD students and four LLM students were honored by the Public Interest and Pro Bono Office for their extraordinary commitment to pro bono service. Students received pins to commemorate their pro bono service to programs such as the Refugee Asylum Support Project, the Innocence Project, the Veteran’s Disability Assistance Project, the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance program, Guardian Ad Litem, and Street Law,among others. Many also worked in Duke Law clinics and externships that focused on legal aid. Collectively, the group contributed more than 3,000 hours of pro bono service.
Public Interest & Pro Bono Awards Reception - April 2012
- International Food Fiesta and Fashion Show - Sept. 30, 2015
- Black Lives, Atticus Finch, and the Ethics of Legal Fictions - Sept. 16, 2015
- Annual Frey Lecture in Intellectual Property - Sept. 17, 2015
- LEAD Week - Aug. 18 - 21, 2015
- A Conversation with Associate Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg - July 29, 2015