Duke Law SJD candidate Giancarlo Frosio, from Turin, Italy, defended his dissertation on Monday, Dec. 3, 2012. A 2006 graduate of Duke's LLM program, Frosio is the assistant director of the Master Program (LLM) in Intellectual Property Law jointly offered by the World Intellectual Property Organization Academy and the University of Turin. Frosio's dissertation, titled “Cumulative Creativity – From the Oral Formulaic Tradition to Digital Remix,” was delivered before his supervising committee consisting of Duke Law Professors Jerome Reichman, James Boyle, and David Lange, as well as Professor Luca Ostiliio Ricolfi of the Università di Torino and Professor Ruth Okediji of the University of Minnesota Law School participating by conference call. Also in attendance were several Duke Law SJD students and candidates, who joined in toasting Frosio after his presentation.
Bravo! A dissertation delivered - Dec. 3, 2012
- A Conversation with Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Associate Justice of the Supreme Court of the U.S. - July 29
- Student-Alumni Gathering Overlooking Durham Bulls Ballpark - July 16, 2015
- International Alumni Trip and Reunion - June 14-28, 2015
- Lives in the Law: Justice Antonin Scalia - May 22, 2015
- Graduation 2015: Hooding Ceremony - May 9, 2015