Have your family book their hotel rooms as early as possible. Where to stay
Many families choose to make dinner reservations for Saturday evening following the Hooding Ceremony. As the Hooding Ceremony begins at 5:30 p.m., it is recommended you make your reservations no earlier than 8:00 p.m..
Invitations & Announcements
- The Law School provides each student with four complimentary invitations to the Hooding Ceremony (although there is no limit to the number of people who may attend). The invitations will be available in the Office of Student Affairs (Room 2007) starting February 20.
- Custom graduation announcements and/or class rings may be ordered through Jostens.
- The Class Photo will be taken on Thursday, March 30 at 12:30 p.m. in Marcy's Garden (with a rain date for Monday, April 3). Smaller group shots will also be taken of JD, International LLM, and LLMLE students. You must wear a dark suit for the shoot.
- Ordering Photos: Envelopes/order forms will be distributed in mail folders. Please fill out the envelope, enclose payment, and bring it to the shoot. Within a month of the shoot, Student Affairs will set up a day and time to distribute the photos at the Law School (to be announced in the Duke Law Daily). Any photos not picked up at the specified time will be available in the Office of Student Affairs (Room 2007). To order pictures at a later date, contact Photo Specialties directly (800-722-7033).
- You must apply for graduation and confirm in DukeHub the way in which you want your name to appear on your diploma no later than Friday, March 10.
- All incompletes, missing grades and other issues relating to your graduation requirements must be resolved by May 5. It is your responsibility to work with the relevant faculty, the Office of Student Affairs, or the Registrar’s Office to resolve any outstanding issues before May 5 to prevent your graduation from being delayed until September 2017.
- All spring semester coursework must be complete and turned in to your professors no later than May 5.
- Your diploma will be mailed to you within two weeks of graduation. Please update your mailing address on DukeHub to ensure your diploma is sent to the correct address.