Required Steps for Graduation
Complete the following steps to be eligible for graduation.
Submit Graduation Application
Please confirm your intention to graduate this May by completing the Graduation Application in DukeHub no later than Friday, March 8, 2019. In order to be certified for graduation, you must complete this application. You will be asked to indicate how you would like your name to appear on your diploma, a phonetic spelling of your name to allow accurate pronunciation during the Law School Convocation, and the address where your diploma(s) should be mailed if you are unable to pick it up at Commencement.
- Prior to working in DukeHub, students should always clear their browser cache and turn-off the pop-up blocker.
- From the DukeHub Student Home Page, select Forms and Requests.
- Select Apply for Graduation.
- Click on Academic Program.
- Select Term from drop down menu.
- Update or confirm degree name and phonetic name (optional).If you don’t update your name, your diploma will have the primary name given in DukeHub. If you are a dual-degree student and have difficulty updating your name, please email the Law School Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Update your address. This is the address to which your diploma will be mailed if you are unable to pick up your degree at the Law School Convocation.
- Verify the information is correct and submit.
- You should get a message that the application was successful.
Register for Events
Duke Law School offers an array of Graduation-related events and opportunities to celebrate your achievement. In particular, we need to know if you plan to attend the Law School Convocation. Registration and payment (where applicable) for all Law School events (including the Gala, BBQ, Candlelight Dinner, and Law School Convocation) must be completed online. If you plan to attend any or all of these events, you must register through the registration page.
If you plan to attend the Law School Convocation and/or University Commencement, you must order regalia. You may order rental regalia on the Duke University Commencement website. The deadline to order rental regalia is Friday, March 8.
If you would like to purchase all or part of your regalia, such as a hood, you will need to contact Patti Silver in Duke Stores directly at email@example.com no later than Wednesday, February 20. If purchasing part of your regalia, make sure to complete the rental regalia form as well for any regalia you would like to rent.
You may not purchase any of the rental regalia you ordered. For example, you may not purchase the rental hood if you are hooded with a rental hood.
Bar and Employment Information (JD candidates only)
The ABA requires that we collect bar and employment information from graduates. In order to facilitate the Law School’s compliance with ABA accreditation standards, please respond as directed by the Career & Professional Development Center in the coming weeks to complete the Graduate Employment Survey. Students who have settled employment plans for after graduation must complete all questions on the survey; students continuing to pursue opportunities need only provide basic contact information. Please note that you must complete this survey in order to pick up your diploma.
If an immediate family member or spouse is a Duke Law alumnus, he or she may hood you (come on stage and place the hood over your head) at the Law School Convocation. If you wish to take advantage of this opportunity, you must complete the Alumni Hooding form no later than Friday, April 12.
Complete Spring coursework
Complete all Spring 2019 semester work and resolve any incomplete grades by Friday, May 3.