Required Steps for Graduation
Complete the following steps to be eligible for graduation.
Submit Graduation Application
Please confirm your intention to graduate this May by completing the Graduation Application in DukeHub no later than Friday, April 30, 2021. In order to be certified for graduation, you must complete this application. You will be asked to indicate how you would like your name to appear on your diploma, a phonetic spelling of your name to allow accurate pronunciation during the Law School Convocation, and the address where your diploma(s) should be mailed if you are unable to pick it up at Commencement.
1. Navigate to Academics in DukeHub.
- Click on the Apply for Graduation form to begin.
- Select Apply for Graduation button.
- Select your academic Program from the available options. Then select your expected graduation Term and click the Apply button.
- Confirm your graduation application by selecting the Apply button and review the Graduation Details instructions.
2. Navigate to My Profile to enter or revise your Degree name and address.
- Click on Biographical Info to enter or revise your degree name.
- Degree name will appear exactly as shown on your diploma and graduation materials.
- Under Add Name select Degree.
- Enter your Degree name and select Save.
- First and last names are required fields; the middle name may be left blank if desired.
- Optional: Add Phonetic name to provide pronunciation instructions for your name. This will be visible only to graduation staff; it will not be printed on your diploma or appear in any graduation publications.
- Degree Address
- Click on Contact Info to enter or revise your degree address.
- Under Add Address select Degree.
- Enter your Degree address and select Save.
- Your diploma will be sent to your designated degree address.
- Once the Degree name and address has been entered, please verify the information is listed in the View Graduation Details section.
- Degree Address
If you plan to attend the Law School Convocation and/or University Commencement, you must order regalia. You may order rental regalia on the Duke University Commencement website. The deadline to order rental regalia is Monday, April 12.
If you would like to purchase all or part of your regalia, such as a hood, you will need to contact Patti Silver in Duke Stores directly at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Monday, April 12. If purchasing part of your regalia, make sure to complete the rental regalia form as well for any regalia you would like to rent.
You may not purchase any of the rental regalia you ordered. For example, you may not purchase the rental hood if you are hooded with a rental hood.
Bar and Employment Information (JD candidates only)
The ABA requires that we collect bar and employment information from graduates. In order to facilitate the Law School’s compliance with ABA accreditation standards, please respond as directed by the Career & Professional Development Center in the coming weeks to complete the Graduate Employment Survey. Students who have settled employment plans for after graduation must complete all questions on the survey; students continuing to pursue opportunities need only provide basic contact information.
Complete Spring coursework
Complete all Spring 2021 semester work and resolve any incomplete grades by Friday, May 7.